Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2016, 05:04 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,248,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wudge View Post
No Cookies | Herald Sun

Twenty years ago, this case was stupendous theatre all across the nation. Simply put, the case had everything: a beautiful and murdered wife, a former star NFL player and huge TV celebrity who was indicted for two murders, an unbelievable car chase that was broadcast live across the nation, a "Dream Team" for the defense, claims that blood evidence was planted by the L.A.P.D., a key detective and prosecution witness who took the 5th on the witness stand, and seemingly never ending claims of racial prejudice that were forever spouted by the media from the beginning of the case to long after the end of the trial.

Larry King (CNN) once said: "If we had God booked and O.J. was available, we'd move God."

As far as crimetainment goes, this was the ultimate dream case and trial.

In regards to whether or not someone in the L.A.P.D tried to frame O.J. Simpson, the fact that a blood preservative (EDTA) was found in some of the collected blood droppings from crime scene sites and that also matched O.J.'s DNA causes my position on a potential framing attempt to be: yes.

Many people have had 20 years to reflect on this incredible case and trial. What say you?

More case and trial background can be found here.

The Murder Trial of O.J. Simpson — Prologue — Crime Library

Nahhhhh, he was guilty as all heck...that black ridden jury was going to let him go no matter what....it was off the tail heels of the 1992 South Central exercises so any white juror was scared for their lives....he was popular UP until the verdict was cast...his actions since betrayed his alleged innocence....he killed her, darn near severed Goldman's head. Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2016, 05:18 PM

2,851 posts, read 2,319,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
There usually isn't national outrage when the killer (no matter their race) of a black person goes free. Let's at least be honest about this fact. There is less of an urgency to protect and seek justice for black victims.

Again, I believe that justice should be served equally for ALL regardless of race. But as I stated previously, most do not express outrage when justice is not served for a black victim.

A simple question....why do you know the names Natalee Hollaway or Elizabeth Smart but not the names LaToyia Figueroa or Mitrice Richardson?
Why do you know the names "Freddie Gray" or "Trevor Martin" but not the names "Steve Ustash" or "Reginald Denny" ?

It goes both ways.

Old 06-21-2016, 05:30 PM

566 posts, read 507,138 times
Yes, the LAPD did try to frame OJ with his own blood which they threw all over the place,
as the fuzz had a readily stockpiled supply of OJ blood just in case...
...well, he goes ahead and murders his wife and a waiter.

Yep, that must be it, case closed, now back to The Simpsons.

Old 06-21-2016, 11:39 PM

18,247 posts, read 22,598,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummagumma View Post
Why do you know the names "Freddie Gray" or "Trevor Martin" but not the names "Steve Ustash" or "Reginald Denny" ?

It goes both ways.
Actually I know ALL of those names but you do NOT know the names Mitrice Richardson or LaToyia Figueroa. Why not?

Old 06-22-2016, 08:08 AM

1,166 posts, read 759,528 times
The cops fabricated evidence hoping to build an airtight case. They attempted to frame a guilty person. The fact that Fuhrman was a racist that invoked the 5th Amendment and refused to answer questions was the icing on the cake. Some of the blood supposedly found at the crime scene was tainted with preservative, some of OJ's blood collected by police was missing and one of the lead detectives invoked his right against self incrimination when he was straight out asked if he planted evidence. I don't believe that any fair and impartial jury could have convicted anyone when it was obvious that the cops had tampered with evidence and one was caught lying under oath on the witness stand.

Last edited by phxone; 06-22-2016 at 08:39 AM..

Old 06-22-2016, 09:20 PM

811 posts, read 553,359 times
It wouldn't be far-fetched to believe.

OJ did abuse Nicole, no doubt about it, he should have faced justice for that. However, and these aren't my words, Nicole was very promiscuous while she was with OJ (and he was too to be fair). Her friend Faye Resnick talked all about how they both would be going around performing fellatio to numerous men around Brentwood. Out of all the people she slept with while she was with OJ that he didn't kill her over, why would he kill her and a random guy she was with TWO years after they divorced on a random night ? So you manage to all these years look past someone's infidelity and catch them giving oral sex to someone with your kids in the house (That was what the 9-11 phone call was about) and you don't kill her. But one day out the blue want to? Even Marcus Allen, who's now involved in ESPN slept with Nicole and OJ even let him have his wedding at his house.

Here's what does make sense, Nicole actually was sleeping with Keith Zlomsovich who was one of the owners of the Mezzaluna Restaurant that Ron worked at. OJ once actually caught them having sex. Again, he did not kill either of them despite watching them the whole night in the act. Keith who ran this known mobster spot in Brentwood may have been jealous that Nicole was with Ron and killed them both.

Numerous other people linked to these people and restaurant were all mysteriously murdered. Look up the cases of Michael Nigg (a waiter at the restaurant who was killed, murder unsolved). Look up Brett Cantor (a club owner that employed Rom Goldman and Nicole also frequented) was found murdered with his body slashed and stabbed. Murder unsolved. There's NY times articles on both of those people. Do a simple Google of those names and you'll find them.

Let's not forget also that the officer on the scene that "found" all of the evidence was a known renegade cop. Mark Furhman, and these are his words, has said things like "The only good n*gger is a dead n*gger". He admitted to in the past saying "I like to plant evidence on n*ggers. I love to grab them and beat the sh*t out of them." And also "if I could round up all black people and burn them all I would". Again, these are his words, you can look this up. This is the man whose word you're taking? He on the stand was already caught for perjury. Of course too, he has a job on Fox News now. They take care of their own lol.

Anyone that disagrees please let me know with which part, I can verify each thing I saidwith links.

Either way, whites that day felt the same way blacks have for many years when one of their people is killed and despite it being clear as day that the perpetrator is guilty, gets off. So it's all good.

Last edited by Vizualizax90; 06-22-2016 at 09:32 PM..

Old 06-22-2016, 11:23 PM

18,247 posts, read 22,598,032 times
All true but they will not hear a single word of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post
It wouldn't be far-fetched to believe.

OJ did abuse Nicole, no doubt about it, he should have faced justice for that. However, and these aren't my words, Nicole was very promiscuous while she was with OJ (and he was too to be fair). Her friend Faye Resnick talked all about how they both would be going around performing fellatio to numerous men around Brentwood. Out of all the people she slept with while she was with OJ that he didn't kill her over, why would he kill her and a random guy she was with TWO years after they divorced on a random night ? So you manage to all these years look past someone's infidelity and catch them giving oral sex to someone with your kids in the house (That was what the 9-11 phone call was about) and you don't kill her. But one day out the blue want to? Even Marcus Allen, who's now involved in ESPN slept with Nicole and OJ even let him have his wedding at his house.

Here's what does make sense, Nicole actually was sleeping with Keith Zlomsovich who was one of the owners of the Mezzaluna Restaurant that Ron worked at. OJ once actually caught them having sex. Again, he did not kill either of them despite watching them the whole night in the act. Keith who ran this known mobster spot in Brentwood may have been jealous that Nicole was with Ron and killed them both.

Numerous other people linked to these people and restaurant were all mysteriously murdered. Look up the cases of Michael Nigg (a waiter at the restaurant who was killed, murder unsolved). Look up Brett Cantor (a club owner that employed Rom Goldman and Nicole also frequented) was found murdered with his body slashed and stabbed. Murder unsolved. There's NY times articles on both of those people. Do a simple Google of those names and you'll find them.

Let's not forget also that the officer on the scene that "found" all of the evidence was a known renegade cop. Mark Furhman, and these are his words, has said things like "The only good n*gger is a dead n*gger". He admitted to in the past saying "I like to plant evidence on n*ggers. I love to grab them and beat the sh*t out of them." And also "if I could round up all black people and burn them all I would". Again, these are his words, you can look this up. This is the man whose word you're taking? He on the stand was already caught for perjury. Of course too, he has a job on Fox News now. They take care of their own lol.

Anyone that disagrees please let me know with which part, I can verify each thing I saidwith links.

Either way, whites that day felt the same way blacks have for many years when one of their people is killed and despite it being clear as day that the perpetrator is guilty, gets off. So it's all good.

Old 06-23-2016, 07:30 AM

811 posts, read 553,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
All true but they will not hear a single word of it.
Thank you sir. When you objectively analyzed the case outside of the "OJ did it" media-driven narrative it makes no sense. I believed he did it too but when I looked at it from my own research I found that the media would leave out a lot of things.

For those that still aren't on board I repeat: So a man that caught his wife for years sleeping around decides to randomly one night kill his ex wife and the man she was with (that she wasn't even sleeping with, was just a guy bringing back some glasses she left at a restaurant) TWO years after their divorce. Then he manages to escape without one bruise on him despite that Ron was a young man who was shown to have gone down with a fight. OJ managed to do all that, hide the murder weapon, clean himself off of all that blood, and make it back just in time for a flight?

Lol ok. The man was never that smart, y'all give him too much credit.

Old 06-23-2016, 08:40 AM

2,061 posts, read 2,564,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wudge View Post
No Cookies | Herald Sun

Twenty years ago, this case was stupendous theatre all across the nation. Simply put, the case had everything: a beautiful and murdered wife, a former star NFL player and huge TV celebrity who was indicted for two murders, an unbelievable car chase that was broadcast live across the nation, a "Dream Team" for the defense, claims that blood evidence was planted by the L.A.P.D., a key detective and prosecution witness who took the 5th on the witness stand, and seemingly never ending claims of racial prejudice that were forever spouted by the media from the beginning of the case to long after the end of the trial.

Larry King (CNN) once said: "If we had God booked and O.J. was available, we'd move God."

As far as crimetainment goes, this was the ultimate dream case and trial.

In regards to whether or not someone in the L.A.P.D tried to frame O.J. Simpson, the fact that a blood preservative (EDTA) was found in some of the collected blood droppings from crime scene sites and that also matched O.J.'s DNA causes my position on a potential framing attempt to be: yes.

Many people have had 20 years to reflect on this incredible case and trial. What say you?

More case and trial background can be found here.

The Murder Trial of O.J. Simpson — Prologue — Crime Library

He is still the most likely choice to have killed her . He was abusive.I also remember the testimony of the limo driver helped to convince me and remember the rare Bruno Magli shoe prints? And the fact that the way she was killed was just the same as the way OJ Simpson learned to use a knife on the Navy seals tv show he was on. I think he is guilty. I thought so then and I still think so now.

Old 06-23-2016, 09:22 AM

2,061 posts, read 2,564,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
It's interesting how 20 years later you just don't have the racial rancor over OJ like there once was.

You have a lot more people now that readily accept that the police DO frame people, especially if you are poor and black as various innocence projects and statistics show us....and that people latched onto OJ's innocence out of backlash to some degree....just like some instantly thought him guilty.

They also look back at the OJ evidence and the general consensus is that he did it but the quality of his lawyers (another key point about justice being bought) and ineptness of the investigation combined to have him found "not guilty"...followed by his loss of the civil suit where he was found to be at fault.

It just brings up a lot of interesting points about our justice system, the power of money and peoples biases.

I feel pretty certain that if OJ had just been a black or white garbage truck driver in Cleveland that had an estranged wife, he'd have been found guilty without much fanfare.

One great thing to come of it was that if there SHOULD be DNA evidence planting someone at the crime the prosecution better have it. DNA has prevented thousands of innocent people from going to jail.

Dna is only as good as the science lab's skill in testing it. There are also cases I have read about where they let a guilty person out of jail based on mistakes in the testing of dna
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates