Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 12:13 PM

734 posts, read 1,082,353 times

Advertisements

Why was edta found in the blood they "found" on the gate? Why wasn't there more blood in the car? If you just murdered two people the way they were murdered, wouldn't the murderer be covered in blood? They should have found more than a few drops or smears.

I am no CSI so what do I know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2014, 12:40 PM

684 posts, read 869,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Right. The cops managed to plant all of that evidence--the glove, then they ran to his Bundy residence to plant drops of blood all over, then they got into his car to do the same thing.....If the image of a young man coming upon that scene and fighting for his life, and Nicole being practically decapitated weren't so tragic, it would be funny.

BTW, the "plaintive wails" of the Akita, a friggin' Japanese guard dog, for cryin' out loud, along with the bloody prints on the walkway, going back and forth......between two owners, should have been more than enough for the lame prosecution to have subpoenaed a dog behavior expert.

Then, again, as I've said before, with this jury of dunces, the prosecution could have presented a video of O.J. doing the deed, and they'd have thought it was Mark Fuhrman wearing an O.J. mask.

O.J. wasn't framed, and he's no victim. The only ones who didn't get justice were his ex-wife and Goldman, and their families.

The murders were committed in Santa Monica, which is largely a white community. However, the trial was moved to Los Angeles.

The initial jury composite had 8 African Americans, 2 Hispanics, 1 mixed heritage (as I recall) and 1 caucasian. Many of the initial jurors were replaced as the long trial wearied on, but jury composite at the end still had heavy African American representation (9 as I recall), 2 caucasions and 1 hispanic. Ten were women. Two had college degrees.

O.J.'s defense team did a good job of bringing out a huge litany of errors made by the L.A.P.D.. Plus detective Furhman taking the 5th and detective Vannatter admitting that he brought O.J.'s blood vial out to the crime scene really hurt the prosecution's case, because it brought into major question whether someone had attempted to frame O.J. by planting both the glove and his blood.

Finally, when prosecutor Chris Darden asked O.J. if he would try on the glove, O.J. walked over and tried it on and it did not appear to fit. That incredibly dumb move by Chris Darden was a real case crusher.

There was tons of blood evidence and other evidence that pointed hard to O.J. being the murderer, but if it was fair to question whether blood evidence and the glove had been planted, it was fair to question whether the prosecution's case had enough untainted evidence to prove he was guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Had the trial been held in Santa Monica with all college graduates seated on the jury, you might have been more happy with the verdict, but you might not have too.

Old 06-24-2014, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored chick View Post
Why was edta found in the blood they "found" on the gate? Why wasn't there more blood in the car? If you just murdered two people the way they were murdered, wouldn't the murderer be covered in blood? They should have found more than a few drops or smears.

I am no CSI so what do I know?

Much of the collected blood evidence that was found to have O.J's DNA did not contain EDTA, however, some of those blood spots did contain EDTA per testimony. The implication was that O.J.'s blood vial that detective Vannatter admitted he had carried out to the crime scene was used to plant blood evidence against O.J.; i.e., that O.J. had been there and committed the crime.

As I said earlier, it is entirely possible that the L.A.P.D. attempted to frame a guilty man.

Old 06-24-2014, 01:12 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,895,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wudge View Post
Much of the collected blood evidence that was found to have O.J's DNA did not contain EDTA, however, some of those blood spots did contain EDTA per testimony. The implication was that O.J.'s blood vial that detective Vannatter admitted he had carried out to the crime scene was used to plant blood evidence against O.J.; i.e., that O.J. had been there and committed the crime.

As I said earlier, it is entirely possible that the L.A.P.D. attempted to frame a guilty man.

I love the phrase "frame a guilty man".

Why would the LAPD do such? Celebrity status gets one off every time. Robert Blake got off the hook.
How many celebrities are let loose from jail terms after serving a mere week of a 6 month sentence?
The MSM milked this for all it was worth and apparently still is. People love them celebrities and back them all the way.

He was guilty.

Old 06-24-2014, 01:23 PM

864 posts, read 799,938 times
I wouldn't put it past the LAPD. The LAPD is one of the most violent, corrupt, gangs in Los Angeles. Just look at how they conducted themselves during the Dorner fiasco. Firing hundreds of rounds into innocent people's cars. Then they lied about "setting the cabin on fire". The LAPD is no better than any third world despots personal army.

Old 06-24-2014, 02:53 PM

3,563 posts, read 5,378,490 times
I watched the entire thing unfold. OJ in my generation was the Juice, one of the first black personalities to make it in a white man's world. The superstar of rent-a-car. However,

one thing that wasn't on the news was that Ron Goldman was driving around town in the Ferrari OJ had given his ex wife.
There's more of a trigger here than the media, who reported that it was simply a waiter returning a pair of sunglasses.

As my ex wife would say: One can be an absolute genius all of your life, and yet incredibly stupid for just one moment.

Once jury selection had completed the defense team was pretty sure they would win.
After four hundred years of unfair trials you couldn't convict OJ. Four hundred years of bad history came to bear.

Old 06-24-2014, 04:49 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,551,287 times
The O.J. Simpson Trial had so much in common with the Trayvon martin Trial. In Both Cases facts were put aside over Public opinion and personal perception.
The DA and the Detectives ********** case up from day one, with their business as usual attitude LAPD had come to foster.
Everybody always points to O.J. trying on the glove as being the downfall of the case. I point to The Mark Furman testimony as the downfall. LAPD is the most racist police Force in the United States and everyone in Southern California already knew This. Why would you let the lead detective lie under oath about using the N-Word
He probably used it ten times that day alone LOL!

Old 06-24-2014, 05:13 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
He did it. LAPD did not try to frame him.

Old 06-24-2014, 05:28 PM

3,563 posts, read 5,378,490 times
I think it's pretty obvious he did it all right.
But after having an ex LAPD black police officer as mayor,
Tom Bradley, you'd think the L.A. city hall would have come up with SOMETHING on the order of a plan to change things.

I ran a 24 hour business on Slauson Ave off the Harbor freeway back in the day, dated a lot of LAPD officers daughters in school (for some reason, a speciality of mine) and didn't run into racism so much as a need to control, which means not sharing power with those who don't share your vision. Same results.

What's sad is that the good will was there in the seventies and little happened.
Of all cities I would have expected L.A. to lead, as in the west we had little of the old history back east.

Old 06-24-2014, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
I love the phrase "frame a guilty man".

Why would the LAPD do such? Celebrity status gets one off every time. Robert Blake got off the hook.
How many celebrities are let loose from jail terms after serving a mere week of a 6 month sentence?
The MSM milked this for all it was worth and apparently still is. People love them celebrities and back them all the way.

He was guilty.
I do hold that many celebrities are often able to get law enforcement to cut them more slack or are able to have a judge pass down a lenient ruling or receive a verdict from a jury that I believe most lay people probably would not receive.

I believe some of this celebrity edge is often due to their ability to purchase high quality legal representation, but I also think that some jurors are simply more willing to cut a celebrity defendant more slack as they assess the evidence against the hurdle of proof beyond a reasonable doubt. Moreover, I think the same is sometimes true of trial judges and law enforcement personnel; i.e., they will cut some celebrities more slack.

In the 90's, the RAMPART division of the LAPD was hit with a scandal in which 24 of its people were found to have committed wrong doing. And against all the claims of wrongdoing, two of the found offenses were the "planting of evidence" and the "framing of suspects". Moreover, Los Angeles ended up having to deal with 140 associated civil lawsuits that eventually cost it a 125M$.

So when you ask: why would the LAPD do such? The LAPD had huge and proven corruption problems that also included: other instances of perjury, bank robbery, dealing of narcotics, shootings, beatings et al. It wasn't a boy scout operation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates