Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 08:15 PM

1,303 posts, read 3,855,548 times

Advertisements

If You had to choose between the two, which one would you choose to live in, and why??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 09:59 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,781,346 times
Why did you create this thread? You know what's going to happen.

Old 04-03-2009, 01:58 AM

1,808 posts, read 4,037,626 times
Macon. Low crime rate, high wages, beautiful downtown. What more could you ask for?

Old 04-03-2009, 12:37 PM

1,303 posts, read 3,855,548 times
I'd have to pick Columbus.. although Macon gets extra points for its proximity to Atlanta and having the best hotdogs in the sate.

Old 04-03-2009, 01:32 PM

244 posts, read 865,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Why did you create this thread? You know what's going to happen.
I'm going to get some popcorn!

Old 04-03-2009, 01:58 PM

970 posts, read 2,950,019 times
No luv for Augusta?

Old 04-03-2009, 05:03 PM

1,808 posts, read 4,037,626 times
Columbus has done nothing to revitalize downtown (uptown) while Macon has created a place where you could feel safe walking around downtown at night. Hands down.... Macon.

(blue again)

Old 04-04-2009, 08:29 AM

2,014 posts, read 5,097,502 times
I love bulldawgfan's attempt at being sarcastic, as if Columbus' crime is low itself and has a GREAT difference of wages than that of Macon.(considering the Consolidation of muscogee and not of bibb).

Lets be real here, lol NOBODY is going to Columbus' downtown and think its some hot spot for entertainment, they have made little improvements with a few hang outs and bars just like Macon has.

Overall, I dont care for either. I dont find either of them as desirable, the only difference is, at least Macon's looks better with a skyline.

I wouldnt walk around certain parts of eithers downtown, but Coleman Hill is cool in Macon and Columbus' has a few OK areas too downtown as for feeling safe.

Its no real difference there.

Columbus's Crime rate is HIGH, and Macon's is HIGHER. I guess nothing is wrong with Columbus' crime rate being high, as long as Macon's is higher. Conclusion = both of them should have lower crime rates

With that said...there are plenty of safe neighborhoods and areas all over Columbus and Macon but there is also plenty of ghetto as well.

Old 04-04-2009, 08:30 AM

I personally like being in a more "urban" enviornment. Columbus isnt as compact as Macon, and it just feels really country. Macon has more clubs for young people, trust me I know that. Besides that you would have to figure everything else is along the same level.

Macon has better interstate access, a better mall (even in its current state..its still better than 1 floor peachtree), its more compact/city feeling, more clubs and hangouts for young people, etc...which is why I would choose Macon.

lol any attempt to act like downtown columbus or crime in columbus is a GREAT difference than it is in Macon...really has not lived in both cities.

Macon's crime rate being HIGHER than Columbus...still does not change the fact that Columbus has a high crime rate as well.

Columbus is too country for a city that has almost 200,000 people.

I mean CSU (I went there for awhile and it's a pretty good school) isnt even as big a deal as Mercer here in Macon, yet I see Columbus boosters acting like it's UGA.

CSU is pretty much dull, I just like the apartment housing for everybody.

Also they brag about shopping centers like thats special (that "strip mall" down veterans....that looks very similar to Eisenhower Crossing in Macon...which we dont even talk about)

I can only imagine how people in Columbus would go on and on if they even had anything remotely similar to the Shoppes at River Crossing or a two floor mall....we wouldn't hear the end of it

Old 04-04-2009, 08:39 AM

With all of that said, I dont think Columbus is terrible, and I dont think Macon is an oasis. I personally would like to get out of here (Macon) soon too, but to see certain posters on this site act like Columbus is this BIG, thriving, vibrant SAFE CITY...compared to the 100% ghetto Macon ....is just non sense at best.

They are more similar than differnt......with Macon feeling more like a city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia