Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 10:14 AM

209 posts, read 654,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ0909 View Post
It really is weird how a city with such a large population seems so lifeless. Do people in Columbus all go to the same spots for leisure? Is It because Ft. Benning is big factor? When you are driving into downtown and you see that green sign for a bank and a gas station with a fast food place connected it looks really looks sleepy. It's as if you aren't even in a downtown. Besides a few streets with bars it's very dull. Even on those streets it isnt like the whole street is live.
Columbus has always had that " sleepy syndrome"..
Downtown is comparable to a year round funeral home...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 11:02 AM

1,303 posts, read 3,857,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerplay View Post
Columbus has always had that " sleepy syndrome"..
Downtown is comparable to a year round funeral home...
Sounds like Augusta's downtown 10 years ago.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:53 PM

913 posts, read 2,985,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmusket View Post
Sounds like Augusta's downtown 10 years ago.
Columbus' downtown is more vibrant than it has been in 60 years. Tons of bars, clubs, restaurants, shops, entertainment facilities. etc. Please don't believe anything Powerplay says.....it is usually stretched beyond imagination.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLCOL1 View Post
Columbus' downtown is more vibrant than it has been in 60 years. Tons of bars, clubs, restaurants, shops, entertainment facilities. etc. Please don't believe anything Powerplay says.....it is usually stretched beyond imagination.
If you consider downtown vibrant you definitely have never been anywhere....

Old 04-06-2009, 07:48 PM

Quote:
If you consider downtown vibrant you definitely have never been anywhere....
Was there this weekend....totally packed out. Sounds like you are the one who has never been anywhere

Old 04-07-2009, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Was there this weekend....totally packed out. Sounds like you are the one who has never been anywhere
I know several of the business owners in uptown and they said is was a pitiful weekend due to rain/ cold weather and spring break....??

Case closed.......zero credibility here folks.

Old 04-07-2009, 09:44 AM

925 posts, read 2,607,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_X View Post
when I went to CSU ..I was thinking that because of Columbus' population I was going to find a city that wasnt as big as a city like ATL (of course), but still a little bigger than Macon with a little more things to get into. Unfortunately, what I found there was a BIG country town.

Augusta, on the other hand, is that place I was looking for. Similar to Macon .....just a little bigger with a little more amenities...so I like it alittle better.....

I hope we get all the projects we can completed man but I just wouldnt say we're on AUG's level.

Savannah and Augusta always have been a step above Macon and Columbus to me, which is fine with me...because (beside Columbus, IMO) we're all decent options for people to check out and show others that Georgia has other true urban areas besides just ATL.

If you go to Columbus it looks and feels country unlike the others.
I don't know about that. A drive down I-185 is suburban for about a ten mile stretch, which is about what both Augusta and Macon offer. Savannah can offer such, but only via Abercorn and not an actual interstate highway.

Old 04-07-2009, 04:08 PM

Quote:
I know several of the business owners in uptown and they said is was a pitiful weekend due to rain/ cold weather and spring break....??

Case closed.......zero credibility here folks.
Ummm ok.....I was there both nights......case closed. Were you ?

Old 04-07-2009, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Ummm ok.....I was there both nights......case closed. Were you ?
Again you are dodging questions.....packed out?

Old 04-07-2009, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Again you are dodging questions.....packed out?
Think you are dodging reality
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia