Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2010, 09:37 AM

3,322 posts, read 7,968,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Originally Posted by Dub D
I don't ever step into Walmart. I f**king hate Walmart. Its like everyone is racing to shop in there. Plus, its where the ugly shop.

Well, you know, there's ugly, and then there's really ugly - and only one kind can be seen from a distance. The other displays itself in word and action.

What I'm stating isn't anything new. Maybe its new to you but my opinion isn't so unique. The freaks love going to Walmart at night. My buddies use to go there when we were like 18 to get snacks around midnight. Only place around still open. People wearing yellow raincoats in the summer with -50% chance of rain. Dogs tied to shopping carts. This Walmart was actually in a nice city but it draws all the losers of freaks nearby like a beacon. My opinion is based upon what I have seen. Now, the Walmart by my parents home, from what my parents say is nice. The other 5 or 6 I've walked into feel like I've just teleported into a 3rd world country. The mannerisms Walmart shoppers have is a mix of callous USPS branch workers with idiotic DMV workers. Its a rare breed of shopper. I guess its close to Black Friday shopping because I have literally seen people run around with their cart as if the sale prices will expire in 24 seconds. Reminds me of Supermarket Sweep, anyone remember that show?

www.peopleofwalmart.com

There isn't a people of Target, Ralphs, Walgreens, etc. Just Walmart...I wonder why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2010, 10:12 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,383,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
What I'm stating isn't anything new. Maybe its new to you but my opinion isn't so unique. The freaks love going to Walmart at night. My buddies use to go there when we were like 18 to get snacks around midnight. Only place around still open. People wearing yellow raincoats in the summer with -50% chance of rain. Dogs tied to shopping carts. This Walmart was actually in a nice city but it draws all the losers of freaks nearby like a beacon. My opinion is based upon what I have seen. Now, the Walmart by my parents home, from what my parents say is nice. The other 5 or 6 I've walked into feel like I've just teleported into a 3rd world country. The mannerisms Walmart shoppers have is a mix of callous USPS branch workers with idiotic DMV workers. Its a rare breed of shopper. I guess its close to Black Friday shopping because I have literally seen people run around with their cart as if the sale prices will expire in 24 seconds. Reminds me of Supermarket Sweep, anyone remember that show?

www.peopleofwalmart.com

There isn't a people of Target, Ralphs, Walgreens, etc. Just Walmart...I wonder why?
This (the bolded above) sounds like, "But, Mom, EVERYBODY's doing it, so that must make it okay!" rationalizing, to me.

Old 04-05-2010, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
This (the bolded above) sounds like, "But, Mom, EVERYBODY's doing it, so that must make it okay!" rationalizing, to me.
No, I've always hated Walmart and it happens I'm not the only one. Your problem is, you can't believe someone hates your beloved Walmart. I can't stand the place and everything it stands for. I'll gladly pay an extra 5-10% at Target so I don't get hit with shopping carts used by unattended kids as their absentminded mothers read the newest Danielle Steele novel. I haven't gone into detail regarding the smell of every Walmart I've walked into. Smells like a hospital mixed with old library. That stupid yellow smiling face doesn't have a nose for a reason.

Old 04-05-2010, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
No, I've always hated Walmart and it happens I'm not the only one. Your problem is, you can't believe someone hates your beloved Walmart. I can't stand the place and everything it stands for. I'll gladly pay an extra 5-10% at Target so I don't get hit with shopping carts used by unattended kids as their absentminded mothers read the newest Danielle Steele novel. I haven't gone into detail regarding the smell of every Walmart I've walked into. Smells like a hospital mixed with old library. That stupid yellow smiling face doesn't have a nose for a reason.
First, it's not my "beloved Walmart".

Second, the point that the other poster and I were making had nothing to do with Walmart and everything to do with the kind of behavior and attitude displayed by calling people ugly. In fact, I simply responded to the other poster by pointing out that there's ugly that you can see on the outside, and there's ugly that's inside and you can only see when it's expressed in writing, verbally, or by actions.

Old 04-05-2010, 01:38 PM

I think the behavior I have described supports them being ugly in the outside AND inside. Walmart shoppers are rude. Actually rude isn't correct term, Walmart shoppers are uncouth.

Old 04-05-2010, 01:54 PM

However, calling people ugly DEFINITELY qualifies as ugliness.

Though this is far from the original topic, which had to do with pricing.

Old 04-06-2010, 12:37 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
I will only say that in general, I mostly do not like Walmart. HOWEVER, the one down here where I occasionally shop is NOT the typical Walmart I have been in, in the past. This one is clean, pleasant, has very friendly personnel, and the clientele is a mix of every kind of shopper, including the well-to-do. It also does not have that "frenetic" pace that so many Walmarts have. It is also in a beautiful wooded setting with a pond next to it, and is easy to get in and out of the parking lot. This coupled with the great prices and funky mix of items I can't get at my other stores makes it a decent experience for me, and worthy of keeping in my shopping rotation. Target is indeed a higher quality store, but it is more expensive, and does not have many items I can only get at Walmart.

I do think it is very rude and condescending to call Walmart shoppers "ugly."

Old 04-20-2010, 04:33 PM

367 posts, read 415,134 times
I think the Wal-Mart experience depends on where you live. In the suburbs of Dallas, the Wal-Marts are big, clean, spacious and well-stocked. I could afford to shop anywhere, but choose WM because of its low prices.

Target is soooo overpriced, in my opinion.

If I were a couponer, I would probably shop at my local grocery stores (Tom Thumb would be my preference), but I don't have time to clip coupons.

Old 04-20-2010, 04:34 PM

897 posts, read 1,687,864 times
the only grocery store where I live cheaper than Walmart is Savalot

Old 04-20-2010, 06:03 PM

15,128 posts, read 32,307,461 times
I have never been in a Walmart that's dirty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living