Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2008, 09:38 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,141,020 times

Advertisements

Capt. Cave Man, the marinade sounds perfect! Did you skewer any veggies on those kabobs? Or, just enjoy?

DH was hungry for some Honey Baked Ham from the H.B.H. Co. - where else? I stopped to buy a few slices. What a shock! By the slice runs $9.99/lb. It was a treat not to be soon repeated.

I made a spinach quiche, green salad and had some left-over baked beans from yesterday made the old-fashioned way with lots of molasses, brown sugar, bacon and onion.

It took my son and hubby about 4 minutes to pack every bite away. No leftovers tonight!

Old 05-09-2008, 05:14 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,330,366 times
The kids are about 4 hours from here now so they should be here early this afternoon if all goes well. Tonight we will BBQ pork steaks with mashed potatoes (my sons favorite) and some kind of veggie--not sure what yet. I still have last minute pick up to do and a bit more cleaning, thanks to the rain, although appreciated the rain as it is much needed it did make for a bit more cleaning. It will be a busy morning---a busy day!!!

Old 05-09-2008, 05:18 AM

48,167 posts, read 22,024,577 times
Default Relax and Enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
The kids are about 4 hours from here now so they should be here early this afternoon if all goes well. Tonight we will BBQ pork steaks with mashed potatoes (my sons favorite) and some kind of veggie--not sure what yet. I still have last minute pick up to do and a bit more cleaning, thanks to the rain, although appreciated the rain as it is much needed it did make for a bit more cleaning. It will be a busy morning---a busy day!!!
At some point, you need to stop the "prep work" and relax and enjoy. Your supper sounds delicious! Go with a fozen vegetable, make it easy on yourself, a bag of peas would go great with your menu.....something about peas and mashed potatoes and BBQ, sorta sticks the peas to the fork. lol

Enjoy, its family, not real company!

Old 05-09-2008, 05:37 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,864,095 times
Morning all-Cyn bet your heart is flying. You've been waiting and anticipating this day for so long-and it's Mother's Day weekend-what a wonderful present.

Elston's so right, just relax and enjoy every minute.

Old 05-09-2008, 06:23 AM

601 posts, read 1,904,994 times
Cyn-- gear down and enjoy your family and your Mother's Day. (How perfect!) Making chicken parm tonight with salad and garlic bread. not fancy but filling and good. HAPPY FRIDAY everyone!!!!

Old 05-09-2008, 06:48 AM

8,893 posts, read 4,545,996 times
Cyn, lucky you! Have a great time with your family, as Elston said, sit down and RELAX!
No cooking for me tonight, volunteering to serve Steak Night at our VFW post. Hubby and daughter are on their own, yikes..

Old 05-09-2008, 08:12 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,948,592 times
I made a yummy taco dip last night -- took our leftover taco meat and mixed it with a corn and black bean salsa, added some chopped red onion, and heated. Then I poured it into a pie dish and topped with shredded pepper jack cheese and some cilantro. Baked in the oven until the cheese melted and served as an app with tortilla chips. So simple, but very tasty!

For our pizzas we stuck with traditional toppings. Made one with ham, mushrooms, and pineapple, and another one with hot sausage, green pepper, onions, and mushrooms. Had mini cream puffs and pecan praline ice cream for dessert. Nice night!

Tonight, I have no idea. We have a party to go to, so we will probably just fill up on snacks there. I am looking forward to using the leftover sausage, onions, mushrooms, and peppers to make a nice omelette (how do you spell this??) for breakfast tomorrow.

Enjoy your kids Cyn!

Old 05-09-2008, 08:55 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,864,095 times
Sounds yummy Highlands-could live on that dip.

Old 05-09-2008, 09:42 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,523,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
I am looking forward to using the leftover sausage, onions, mushrooms, and peppers to make a nice omelette (how do you spell this??) for breakfast tomorrow.

Parfait, mon amie! Zat is zee fronch spelling.

I believe it is spelled omelet on American menus.

It sounds good, however you spell it!

We are having leftover spaghetti. I have now used almost all pre-cooked foods and raw meats from my freezer so DH wants to help me clean fridge tomorrow before I am allowed to grocery shop again. I'll take it.

Last edited by Debsi; 05-09-2008 at 09:43 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 05-09-2008, 10:21 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,330,366 times
Thanks everyone!! Yes, it's just about time to sit down and relax--finally! The house is far from perfect but as everyone said--it is my family! I am so very excited and yes, I have been looking forward to this for a year now! This is a dream come true--to have at least part of my family nearby! I still can't believe it, not until I see them drive in the driveway! They are so excited too. My son just keeps saying how very beautiful it is--so green and lush! Now for them to kick-back for a few days and then off to find a job and a home. They can stay here for any amount of time but I know kids and they want a place to call their own! I guess tonight wil be the pork steaks and tomorrow will be spaghetti, garlic toast and a salad. I'm probably only going to be here occasionally for a few days but I will check in. Keep the wonderful dinner ideas and recipes going!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.