Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2008, 07:45 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,856,986 times

Advertisements

Gentlearts-on my way for liver,etc and especially the pie.

Cyn-glad the panko was good-we love them in/on everything-great in meatloaf.

Tonight-well we have a late showing of the house so think we're eating out.

Old 05-07-2008, 07:49 AM

601 posts, read 1,904,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Gentlearts-on my way for liver,etc and especially the pie.

Cyn-glad the panko was good-we love them in/on everything-great in meatloaf.

Tonight-well we have a late showing of the house so think we're eating out.
Fingers & toes crossed on the showing of your home!!!!!!!

Old 05-07-2008, 07:52 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,946,624 times
Mmmmm....we will definitely have to make some homemade pizzas this weekend too. We like to grill them -- yum

Old 05-07-2008, 07:53 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,213,695 times
Morning all...well didn't experiment with sauce last night, too tired, so we had regular ol jarred spaghetti sauce instead of homemade. Tonight I am going to try this chinese pork casserole thing I got out of an old cookbook my mother gave me. Hopefully it turns out ok. You cook part of it on the stove top then put it in the oven to finish so we will see.

Old 05-07-2008, 07:57 AM

8,893 posts, read 4,544,696 times
Good morning all, everyone's cooking sounds so good, except for the liver, lol. Cooking hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill for my mother and one of her lady friends, along with some potato salad and corn on the cob. My mother can't start her grill and has been wanting to have a little cookout so that's my story. Good luck Lacey with the showing!

Old 05-07-2008, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise in Fla View Post
Good morning all, everyone's cooking sounds so good, except for the liver, lol. Cooking hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill for my mother and one of her lady friends, along with some potato salad and corn on the cob. My mother can't start her grill and has been wanting to have a little cookout so that's my story. Good luck Lacey with the showing!
Ugh liver....I used to work in a nursing home as an assistant to the director. They would make liver and onions every couple of weeks. It smelled wonderful cooking (must have been the onions) I would go out into the cafeteria area looking for what I thought should have been something spectacular and everytime it would be this nasty old plate of liver. Ick, ick, ick. LOL

Old 05-07-2008, 08:22 AM

3,367 posts, read 11,062,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
That's IT! I am finishing my current batch of breadcrumbs as soon as I can and I will finally find out what all this panko fuss is about.

Ooh Southdown, I haven't made homemade pizza in quite a while! I will have to think about adding those ingredients to my weekend shopping list.

I don't have a pizza stone though. Has anybody seen the Good Eats episode where Alton Brown uses two 99 cent tiles from Home Depot instead of a $20 baking stone? Do you know what they are?
The tiles were 12” sq Mexican Quarry stone and cost 95 cents, I believe.

But I just use a heavy hard-anodised aluminium baking tray, and put a sheet of that non-stick baking fabric underneath, cook it really good and hot and it comes out perfect!

O yes, and panko is great stuff, my kids gobble up panko chicken like starved urchins.

PS Can't live without Hard Anodised Roasting Dishes

Old 05-07-2008, 08:24 AM

48,146 posts, read 22,013,215 times
I've got to say t he liver and onions sounds great to me. I have some chicken liver in the freezer.....believe I will take them out for supper, either tonight or tomorrow.

Old 05-07-2008, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I've got to say t he liver and onions sounds great to me. I have some chicken liver in the freezer.....believe I will take them out for supper, either tonight or tomorrow.
Can I come over and just smell it cooking? I promise (pinky swear) I won't eat any.

Old 05-07-2008, 08:31 AM

3,367 posts, read 11,062,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I am mostly with the liver-haters, but my mum used to make a delicious Chicken Liver crostini - like a coarse hot pate on thick crunchy slices of bread. So yummy. This recipe uses cognac but you can use any booze!

Here's a recipe and pic...
Recipes : Crostini with Chicken Livers: Crostini di Fegatini : Food Network or Chicken Liver Toasts (Crostini) Recipes at Cooking.com (http://www.cooking.com/recipes/static/recipe3832.htm - broken link), there's lots of variations
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.