Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 10:35 PM

267 posts, read 1,141,380 times

Advertisements

Just in case anyone has missed me , we finally made it here to Spring Hill. The road was rough and long. Well, not as long as planned. We were moving ourselves and were planning on taking the drive with the kids - I know crazy. But low and behold, we were not able to fit all of our stuff onto the truck! So, we decided to utilize the space we had in the minnie van and the kids and I flew down instead of driving while my sister in law drove the van down (from NY).

We got here Sunday afternoon. As many of you know, it was the first time that the kids and I got to see the new house. I have to say that hubby did good! The house is great. But I do feel like we are on a deserted island - we are one of only 4-5 houses occupied in the entire development. There are some inventory houses here, but everything else is just empty lots.

Now we have the daunting task of spending even more money to fill up the house. That will come in time.

But so far - I know it's only been a couple of days, but it does not seem as bad as I anticipated. We did go out today to run some errands, and yes, it is very different from LI, and I will have to get used to driving alot further for things instead of having everything at arms reach. But I am hoping for the best.

Now I have to just stop myself from always being on the lookout for those darn bugs!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2007, 05:19 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Congrats, Minnimom! And best of luck in your new home. I'm glad you like the place. Don't worry, you'll get neighbors soon enough.

Old 05-02-2007, 05:28 AM

4,696 posts, read 7,895,539 times
Welcome to FL, Minnimom!! Wish you the best in your new home. Like nomore snow says , you will get neighbors after a while..
When you are ready for a beach break come to Honeymoon Island for a gorgeous day at the beach. When you get there you will not wonder why is was voted the 2nd. best beach in the nation last year!!!
Annie

Old 05-02-2007, 05:33 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,027,833 times
Congratulations, Minniemom!

Old 05-02-2007, 06:00 AM

198 posts, read 959,748 times
Congrats!
Dont worry, when I had last talked to the MI homes guy, he said there were 7 or 8 contracts pending so hopefully you will get more neighbors soon. Since we moved into our little subdivision across the street, the homes have been selling like hotcakes. I have counted 8 new neighbors in the last 2 weeks, and it seems there are more everyday......

Old 05-02-2007, 06:18 AM

800 posts, read 3,088,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniemom View Post
Just in case anyone has missed me , we finally made it here to Spring Hill. The road was rough and long. Well, not as long as planned. We were moving ourselves and were planning on taking the drive with the kids - I know crazy. But low and behold, we were not able to fit all of our stuff onto the truck! So, we decided to utilize the space we had in the minnie van and the kids and I flew down instead of driving while my sister in law drove the van down (from NY).

We got here Sunday afternoon. As many of you know, it was the first time that the kids and I got to see the new house. I have to say that hubby did good! The house is great. But I do feel like we are on a deserted island - we are one of only 4-5 houses occupied in the entire development. There are some inventory houses here, but everything else is just empty lots.

Now we have the daunting task of spending even more money to fill up the house. That will come in time.

But so far - I know it's only been a couple of days, but it does not seem as bad as I anticipated. We did go out today to run some errands, and yes, it is very different from LI, and I will have to get used to driving alot further for things instead of having everything at arms reach. But I am hoping for the best.

Now I have to just stop myself from always being on the lookout for those darn bugs!!

Welcome! I hope you find peace in your new home! Check out Molly Goodhead's Raw Bar when you get a chance! Great seafood but also great wings!!!

What development are did you decide on?

Old 05-02-2007, 06:43 AM

460 posts, read 2,344,760 times
CONGRATS on your move!!! Please keep us posted on your first impressions as you settle in!
We are going to be moving ourselves too, in Aug. I refuse to pay 3-4k for a mover to do it, so we will be coming down ourselves with our 3 children. I know its going to be CRAZY, lol...

Jen

Old 05-02-2007, 06:44 AM

460 posts, read 2,344,760 times
Forgot to ask you, what size moving truck did you have? We are hoping to fit everything in too!

Old 05-04-2007, 09:14 AM

Thank everyone. We are actually in Covey Run. I know we will be getting some people that are moving in this weekend across the street. Hopefully they will have some kids - cause mine are bored to death! They also just started clearing the lot adjacent(sp) to us for some soon to be neighbors. the MI guy did say that there are some people moving in soon, so there is hope! LOL. Should I start baking my cookies now and be the welcoming wagon? LOL !!!

Wish me luck today as I am going to venture out on my own. Hope I don't get lost!

Old 05-04-2007, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceandreams94 View Post
Forgot to ask you, what size moving truck did you have? We are hoping to fit everything in too!

We used a 26 foot truck this time and had already sent down a 16 foot truck. With 3 kids, I had ALOT of stuff - as I am sure you do too! But you should be fine because I also had my grandmother's stuff on there too because she lived with us at the time and was moving down to, but to be on her own. And she had a decent amount of stuff. They say that a 26 foot truck should accomodate a 8-10 room house. If that helps any. It actually cost alot less to rent the truck down here in Fl and do a round trip instead of renting a one way. I think it cost something like $800 total as opposed to $1700 one way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida