Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 12:00 PM

356 posts, read 1,271,143 times

Advertisements

I have an offer on my house. If I take it I am leaving my home town in pembroke pines FL and moving to Summerville SC.

I bought the house wanting to move there, put my Fl house on the market wanting to move there but now that it is time Im just not 100%.

There is so much to do here. Me and my 2 year old son go to gymboree 2x a week, then we have lunch at the mall by the big waterfall. we go to my gym 1x a week. The library is 2 minutes away and there is a park right there and a big pond with ducks and turtles and a stroller path. we run over to my parents house, 5 minutes, whenever we are bored. if I need something, from almost any store you can think of, it is only 15 minutes away and that is far!

We wanted to move because we have a small 2/1 but with a big back yard. we live on a street with traffic and even thought everyone in the neighborhood is nice and friendly the kids come out and play. the older kids look like trouble and hang out at the 7-11. there are so many people here and most of the SAHM's in my area dont speak english. I wanted to be in a family town in a big house on a safe cul de sac which we are getting but I am so afraid that we are going to be bored and have nothing to do. there is just so much here compared to there and im scared.

ok thanks for listening to my vent. Ill let you all know if I take the offer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2007, 12:48 PM

2 posts, read 5,319 times
bella I know exactly how you feel. I left Melbourne to go back to NY after the birth of my daughter in july. Melbourne I think is a fairly decent town and I really miss living there and the many friends I made.

I plan on moving back to Florida some day when Victoria is older..and I cant wait.

Old 05-23-2007, 12:50 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,529,936 times
Any move is scary. You have a lot on your plate. My only question would be if you will be ok being far from your family?

Have you researched for Gymborees or Kid Zones in Summerville or the surrounding area? [gymoborees are awesome] How about SAHM clubs in the area or play groups? There is also a really cool thing called KinderMusik. We had it where we lived in Texas & it was a blast. I know were you are coming from. We just left a place where there was a ton of kid stuff in a 10 mile radius & now we have to drive 45-60 mins for any of it. Sorta stinks.

When does your child start school? Are the schools in that area ok?

You just need to do research & then find stuff to do. It's been really hard for us but I either find stuff for us to do or I have a spastic 18 month old & that is just not fair to him.

Best of luck with your decision.

Old 05-23-2007, 03:44 PM

I dont know how I will be away from my family. I have never been away before. We are close and they are close with my son, that is the hardest part. My dad is old and he doesnt want to move. my mom is a lot younger and she said that one day she will move up there.

The schools in the area are said to be good. I looked into gymboree and there is one ut it is 30 minutes away. they have a music class but the picture showed kids sitting in their moms laps! my 22 month old doesnt sit still that is why gymoree is so nice. Mygym is also 30 minutes away. I guess I have to get used to traveling around. I hate driving espically with a toddler unhappy in a car seat!

I could just say no to the offer and stay here but I dont think that is what I want to do. I feel like I will, and my family will have a better quality of life there in SC but who knows????????? do you know????

Old 05-23-2007, 04:52 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,227,024 times
where are you living now bella?

Old 05-23-2007, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtofla View Post
where are you living now bella?
I am in pembroke pines. we are on the Far east side.

Old 05-23-2007, 05:09 PM

923 posts, read 3,517,599 times
Best of Luck

Old 05-23-2007, 05:13 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,503,092 times
Hey Bella, good luck to you on your move. I hope you love it there.

Old 05-23-2007, 05:29 PM

46 posts, read 173,298 times
Its a tough decision anytime you are thinking about moving far from you family. Both my husbands and my own family live here in NY and we are currently planning our move to Flordia. Who knows how long we will last, I wont let myself move back sooner then a year & 1/2 because I dont want home sickness to defeat my initial thought for happiness down there. There are ten times more things to do down there for sure (as opposed to here) but i dunno... but it is always tough when its family. Have you looked at this site? www.meetup.com ... im in ny and i already joined a Tampa moms group. Maybe they have some in your area? Most of the women are English speaking as well.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do!

Old 05-23-2007, 05:53 PM

2,209 posts, read 7,668,978 times
If I lived in pembroke pines I would want to leave too.

But to s carolina?

Not me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida