Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2015, 11:33 AM

40 posts, read 38,040 times

Advertisements

I've been a Florida resident since the early 90s.
I'm looking to get away from suburbia and get an old (think pre WW1) house on a decent size piece of property. Remote but not more than say half an hour from a hospital.. I'd say decent hospital but those are few and far between these days.. but I digress..

I have a few general areas that I'm considering.. well water is a must.. this whole water bill thing is a piece of crap. The whole idea of paying for chlorine and fluoride in the water sickens me.

The areas I have in mind are south of Tally, Monticello, Madison, Jasper and far enough outside Jax to avoid the crime, south to say Pamona Park. Any of you folks in those areas that have well water want to chime in on the water quality .. fragrance, taste.. sediment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2015, 02:55 PM

3,041 posts, read 7,935,359 times
I live in Lake City,on well and septic,nice safe well maintained area.We are retired and have lived in area since 1988 but now 82,we have bought home in CT,UGH,but families still there.
We live in Columbia county and with exemptions have zero taxes.We are listed on Craigs List Lake City at $62,000 with telephone number or email,219 Nw Chadley Lane.

Old 07-05-2015, 03:03 PM

40 posts, read 38,040 times
Hubby and I are both over 6' tall.. mobile homes are off our list.. ceiling fans in them would decapitate us. My hunt is pretty much for pre WW1 houses.. the pre-popcorn era makes me happy.

Old 07-05-2015, 04:08 PM

1,333 posts, read 2,200,722 times
Check out Williston, Trenton, Chiefland, Bronson areas of Levy and Gilchrist counties. Within 30-45 minutes of major medical at Shands at UF in Gainesville. Lots of dirt cheap rural properties available.

Old 07-05-2015, 04:12 PM

1,333 posts, read 2,200,722 times
Most of north central florida is under the floridian aquifer. Your well water will essentially be the same water they bottle in the springs to sell in the stores. No issues at all. It's best water in the state.

Old 08-11-2015, 12:53 PM

4 posts, read 21,307 times
Default citrus county fl well water

Been looking to move from Georgia and noticed many homes in the citrus county fl area have well water not public water. I live in Georgia now but have lived in Ohio and Ky but never had a well for water only cistern. Does the Fl water taste bad (sulfur) or smell or should I try to find home with only public water ??? Looking at Hernando Fl, Inverness, Homossasa etc area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida