Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2020, 12:14 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,840,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert_from_back_East View Post
I hope you like New Yorkers.
Because all New Yorkers are the same, as are all Floridians and all Californians, of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2020, 03:16 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,438,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Another avalanche of diversions, rife with irrelevancies. If you have something responsive to something I wrote just do so using relevant quotes in standard English usage and format citing its source. Your unique style and penchant for endless tangents certainly does not inspire one to even attempt to follow your argument, exaggerated and falsely attributed as they may be.

I quoted you word for word and your lack of familiarity with other sources only further disproves your claim of high regard for your alarmist "expert" shills.
Got it. You don't like experts, which is why all of your posts in this thread are devoid of anything except your totally unsubstantiated personal opinion, and of useless and baseless attacks on my grammatical skills.

Aggressive close-mindedness and celebration of ignorance runs amok in the U.S., as IMO well demonstrated by your posts. Attacking Spencer Glendon as a "shill," without any effort to rebut his well-founded arguments, without any acknowledgement of his outstanding skill, training, and experience, demonstrates a pathetic inability to engage in reasoned debate.

For open-minded individuals more interested in reality than deceptions, irrelevancies and juvenile personal attacks, I have no doubt that my posts have been very usefully informative. That's what mostly matters to me.

BTW, I have documented that you misquoted me by taking my words out of context. Rather than apologize, you odiously continue to misrepresent my statements.

Here's what I wrote in post 86, and your claim now that you quoted me "word for word" just evidences your willingness to engage in repeated and deliberate deceit:

<<You shamefully truncated my statement in post 79 effectively misquoting me.

Here's what I wrote: "The reality is that Glendon's investment experience and the financial heft of his current clients does mean that he speaks with much greater authority than any other climate change financial expert of whom i have familiarity."

https://www.city-data.com/forum/flori...florida-9.html

I can assure you it is totally accurate that I am unaware of any climate change investment expert with more authority than Glendon. I asked you who were the superior financial authorities to Glendon on climate change impacts. Rather than answer, you decided to misquote me in a pathetic effort to damage my credibility.>>

Last edited by WRnative; 09-24-2020 at 03:24 AM..

Old 09-24-2020, 05:02 AM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
I hope you like New Yorkers.
They ruined FL years ago bro.

Old 09-24-2020, 06:08 AM

18,448 posts, read 8,275,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Repeatedly, it has been stated that the Southeast Florida Regional Climate Change Compact is a collaboration of southeast Florida counties.
That has nothing to do with NOAA....you tried to get some credibility by claiming NOAA predicted it

Quote:
The NOAA predicts as much as a foot of sea level rise by 2030.

Old 09-24-2020, 09:06 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,438,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
That has nothing to do with NOAA....you tried to get some credibility by claiming NOAA predicted it
As repeatedly noted and documented, the Southeast Florida Regional Climate Change Compact repeatedly references NOAA projections in their reports, charts and graphs. Unless you're arguing that they are creating these projections out of thin air, and falsely attributing such projections to the NOAA, your thinking is incredibly inexplicable. More likely IMO, you are consciously engaging in the "Big Lie" propaganda technique of expressing falsehoods repeatedly with the expectation that such brazen misrepresentation gains credibility.

Here's a 2020 primary SFRCCC web page once again clearly utilizing NOAA projections.

https://southeastfloridaclimatecompa...gional-update/

Last edited by WRnative; 09-24-2020 at 09:16 AM..

Old 09-24-2020, 09:09 AM

1,726 posts, read 1,722,072 times
Quote:
Because all New Yorkers are the same, as are all Floridians and all Californians, of course.
No, not all New Yorkers are the same. However, New Yorkers from Plattsburgh, Rochester, Utica, etc. are likely more averse to those from downstate than I am.

And to deny that Florida is not overrun with transplants from the New York metropolitan area is disingenuous at best. In Florida, every other person you encounter is either from the New York metropolitan area or, if they're not, their parents are.

Old 09-25-2020, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Got it. You don't like experts, which is why all of your posts in this thread are devoid of anything except your totally unsubstantiated personal opinion, and of useless and baseless attacks on my grammatical skills.

Aggressive close-mindedness and celebration of ignorance runs amok in the U.S., as IMO well demonstrated by your posts. Attacking Spencer Glendon as a "shill," without any effort to rebut his well-founded arguments, without any acknowledgement of his outstanding skill, training, and experience, demonstrates a pathetic inability to engage in reasoned debate.

For open-minded individuals more interested in reality than deceptions, irrelevancies and juvenile personal attacks, I have no doubt that my posts have been very usefully informative. That's what mostly matters to me.

BTW, I have documented that you misquoted me by taking my words out of context. Rather than apologize, you odiously continue to misrepresent my statements.

Here's what I wrote in post 86, and your claim now that you quoted me "word for word" just evidences your willingness to engage in repeated and deliberate deceit:

<<You shamefully truncated my statement in post 79 effectively misquoting me.

Here's what I wrote: "The reality is that Glendon's investment experience and the financial heft of his current clients does mean that he speaks with much greater authority than any other climate change financial expert of whom i have familiarity."

http:////www.city-data.com/forum/flo...florida-9.html

I can assure you it is totally accurate that I am unaware of any climate change investment expert with more authority than Glendon. I asked you who were the superior financial authorities to Glendon on climate change impacts. Rather than answer, you decided to misquote me in a pathetic effort to damage my credibility.>>
Great, another avalanche of prose, odd punctuation and hard to read formatting. Do you really not know how to properly repeat a quote or are you attempting to mix your thoughts with those of your "experts?" Thank you, at least, for cutting back on the irrelevant links.

You are quite wrong - I appreciate the opinion of experts. I also appreciate not calling everyone with whom one agrees an expert, particularly a highly regarded one at that. I appreciate that experts utilize facts, evidence, documentation and statistics to form their opinions and don't rely on the "trust me, I'm an expert" stance.

There was no misrepresentation of your quoted words - get over yourself, although it is rewarding to see that you have walked back your endorsement by admitting you're not at all familiar with any opinions that differ from your own or that of your cherry-picked experts although it does make one wonder how your opinion was formed in absence of any other viewpoints. When one is called "Doctor Doom" and the other is identified as a "Doomsday Prophet for the one percent" there is good reason to identify them as the shills they are. Can you not identify a pattern there? Hint: it is quite similar to a position taken that misrepresents the source of tables, graphs and statements, misstates their data and then exaggerates it further by editorializing.

Why is the value of waterfront property rising even as it is doomed to disappear?

Old 09-25-2020, 04:27 AM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Great, another avalanche of prose, odd punctuation and hard to read formatting. Do you really not know how to properly repeat a quote or are you attempting to mix your thoughts with those of your "experts?" Thank you, at least, for cutting back on the irrelevant links.

You are quite wrong - I appreciate the opinion of experts. I also appreciate not calling everyone with whom one agrees an expert, particularly a highly regarded one at that. I appreciate that experts utilize facts, evidence, documentation and statistics to form their opinions and don't rely on the "trust me, I'm an expert" stance.

There was no misrepresentation of your quoted words - get over yourself, although it is rewarding to see that you have walked back your endorsement by admitting you're not at all familiar with any opinions that differ from your own or that of your cherry-picked experts although it does make one wonder how your opinion was formed in absence of any other viewpoints. When one is called "Doctor Doom" and the other is identified as a "Doomsday Prophet for the one percent" there is good reason to identify them as the shills they are. Can you not identify a pattern there? Hint: it is quite similar to a position taken that misrepresents the source of tables, graphs and statements, misstates their data and then exaggerates it further by editorializing.

Why is the value of waterfront property rising even as it is doomed to disappear?
Peeps should know bro that water rise won't really effect home prices for another 20+ years brother. Out past 30 years my snowball effect we will see a faster rate of rise that just keeps getting faster and faster over time. This is not our prob as most all of us will be dead when water rise will become a real problem out past 70 years when some parts of the globe will see a 12ft rise within 80 years of now.

We have warmed up so much in FL in the fall thru springs since i started keeping records in 1978 before most of you were even born i am sure. Next 30 years will really speed up in heating world wide at a even faster pace. So for you peeps out past 70 years from now are gonna have a rough ride clyde.

Old 09-25-2020, 10:46 PM

Quote:
No, not all New Yorkers are the same. However, New Yorkers from Plattsburgh, Rochester, Utica, etc. are likely more averse to those from downstate than I am.

And to deny that Florida is not overrun with transplants from the New York metropolitan area is disingenuous at best. In Florida, every other person you encounter is either from the New York metropolitan area or, if they're not, their parents are.

Who cares what you may think about the number of New Yorkers (from any part of the state) or your inaccurate statistical information? If you have something of value to add why not spell it out in black and white and expose your biases for all to see.?

Old 09-25-2020, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Peeps should know bro that water rise won't really effect home prices for another 20+ years brother. Out past 30 years my snowball effect we will see a faster rate of rise that just keeps getting faster and faster over time. This is not our prob as most all of us will be dead when water rise will become a real problem out past 70 years when some parts of the globe will see a 12ft rise within 80 years of now.

We have warmed up so much in FL in the fall thru springs since i started keeping records in 1978 before most of you were even born i am sure. Next 30 years will really speed up in heating world wide at a even faster pace. So for you peeps out past 70 years from now are gonna have a rough ride clyde.
You understand that the person to whom I was responding was claiming alarmist worst case scenario models of sea level rise as the only outcome in response to the OP who is at retirement age and planning a possible move to Florida, right? They are not apt to be affected by changes seventy to a hundred years in the future as you have recognized.

Rather than focusing on outlier doomsday scenarios I believe those considering a move to Florida might be better served by referencing data and projections from more mainstream scientific communities and, more immediately, recognizing the elevation of any particular property or area in which they have interest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida