Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2020, 10:55 AM

18,449 posts, read 8,275,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
“Falling sales volumes preceded sharp declines in prices,” the researchers wrote in the paper, which was distributed by the National Bureau for Economic Research. “The most natural explanation for this pattern is the shrinking and eventual departure of ‘market optimists’ from the market.”>>
You got 2 choices...either they are so stupid they don't know sales volume decreased....because there were less houses on the market....less inventory
...or they are not stupid...and just flat out lying

Waterfront property in Florida has been booming.....prices per square foot is way up.....sale price values surged in June....and it's one of the best seller's markets in history

https://miamibeachrealestateblog.us/...ds-post-covid/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2020, 12:00 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,438,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
You got 2 choices...either they are so stupid they don't know sales volume decreased....because there were less houses on the market....less inventory
...or they are not stupid...and just flat out lying

Waterfront property in Florida has been booming.....prices per square foot is way up.....sale price values surged in June....and it's one of the best seller's markets in history

https://miamibeachrealestateblog.us/...ds-post-covid/
As evidenced repeatedly in this forum, as you well know, there are still many climate change deniers in the U.S., and they are flocking to Florida. Likely many more Americans remain unknowledgeable about the dire implications of empirical climate change evidence and climate change science. The lack of discussion about climate change consequences in the current political campaigns and in most of the national media is palpable and disturbing.

https://www.theinvadingsea.com/2020/...arming-planet/

You deny that sea level rise (and therefore global ice melt) is accelerating, despite overwhelming empirical evidence. E.g., you never answer the question that given accelerating ice melt, where is all the water going.

The relevant point is that over this decade as sea level rise accelerates, inundation of Florida beaches and natural areas becomes much more obvious, sunny day flooding increases, and the good probability of a major hurricane landfall on the Florida peninsula perhaps is realized, the ranks of climate change deniers will thin greatly. This IMO inevitability will acclerate greatly if a Biden administration unshackles the government climate change science experts that have been muzzled by the Trump administration.

Most Americans, especially climate change deniers, are oblivious to the acceleration of rising ocean heat content and its implications for ice shelf melt and glacier acceleration, for marine life devastation, hurricane intensification, atmospheric warming and rising humidity in coastal environments such as Florida, and even ocean thermal expansion.

Most of this has been discussed in-depth in this thread, or certainly elsewhere in this forum (anybody can read my posts for the last year).

When markets tip, the change often is very sudden. The catalysts that might tip the Florida real estate markets, especially the coastal Florida real estate markets, are very obvious to anybody with an open mind.

With 10-20 foot hurricane storm surges now increasingly common, personally I wouldn't even consider any of the Florida coastal real estate with elevations of 5 feet or less, let alone the many locations at 3 feet or less.

Exactly when the music stops in the Great Florida Musical Chairs Game will be fascinating. When articles such as those linked in post 130 start appearing in websites such as Marketwatch, if I were a player, I would be increasingly nervous. I certainly would consider an exit before the next hurricane season, given currently low mortgage rates and before the rationalization of the national and state budgets to the deficit devastation wrought by the COVID-19 epidemic. E.g., what will happen to beach "replenishing" funding and FEMA flood insurance subsidies given rising hunger and homelessness, state and local governments suffering painful shortfalls, and the financial devastation at universities and other important institutions?

Last edited by WRnative; 10-17-2020 at 12:36 PM..

Old 10-17-2020, 12:18 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
As evidenced repeatedly in this forum, as you well know, there are still many climate change deniers in the U.S., and they are flocking to Florida.

You deny that sea level rise (and therefore global ice melt) is accelerating, despite overwhelming empirical evidence. E.g., you never answer the question that given accelerating ice melt, where is all the water going.

The relevant point is that over this decade as sea level rise accelerates, inundation of Florida beaches and natural areas becomes much more obvious, sunny day flooding increases, and the good probability of a major hurricane landfall on the Florida peninsula perhaps is realized, the ranks of climate change deniers will thin greatly. This IMO inevitability will acclerate greatly if a Biden administration unshackles the government climate change science experts that have been muzzled by the Trump administration.

Most Americans, especially climate change deniers, are oblivious to the acceleration of rising ocean heat content and its implications for ice shelf melt and glacier acceleration, for marine life devastation, hurricane intensification, atmospheric warming and rising humidity in coastal environments such as Florida, and even ocean thermal expansion.

Most of this has been discussed in-depth in this thread, or certainly elsewhere in this forum (anybody can read my posts for the last year).

When markets tip, the change often is very sudden. The catalysts that might tip the Florida real estate markets, especially the coastal Florida real estate markets, are very obvious to anybody with an open mind.

With 10-20 foot hurricane storm surges now increasingly common, personally I wouldn't even consider any of the Florida coastal real estate with elevations of 5 feet or less, let alone the many locations at 3 feet or less.

Exactly when the music stops in the Great Florida Musical Chairs Game will be fascinating.
Just don't reply anymore to peeps with their heads in the sand man. Sea level rise will really ramp up out past 70 years when we can expect 12ft rise on some parts of the globe. Next 20 years we are fine as wine. It is my snowball effect that will see a faster and faster rise over the years as the planet boils away.

Just the last 9 years of above normal temps for FL should tell everyone we are in trouble. We are gonna have another blazing fall thru spring this year and no rain to speak of. FL is gonna get much hotter and see much less rain over the years.

Old 10-17-2020, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Just don't reply anymore to peeps with their heads in the sand man. Sea level rise will really ramp up out past 70 years when we can expect 12ft rise on some parts of the globe. Next 20 years we are fine as wine. It is my snowball effect that will see a faster and faster rise over the years as the planet boils away.

Just the last 9 years of above normal temps for FL should tell everyone we are in trouble. We are gonna have another blazing fall thru spring this year and no rain to speak of. FL is gonna get much hotter and see much less rain over the years.
As documented repeatedly in this thread, Florida's southeast counties now anticipate as much as 12-14 inches of sea level rise by 2030, indicating the magnitude of sea level rise acceleration that lies immediately ahead.

Do you consider this "fine as wine?" If sea level rise by 2030 is only six inches, do you consier this negligible with no impact on coastal real estate markets?

Old 10-17-2020, 12:31 PM

18,449 posts, read 8,275,501 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVSRm80WzZk

Old 10-17-2020, 12:34 PM

Quote:
As documented repeatedly in this thread, Florida's southeast counties now anticipate as much as 12-14 inches of sea level rise by 2030, indicating the magnitude of sea level rise acceleration that lies immediately ahead.

Do you consider this "fine as wine?" If sea level rise by 2030 is only six inches, do you consier this negligible with no impact on coastal real estate markets?
It does for me since i am 282.3 miles to the northwest of southeast FL. I can't care less jess if every home down that way on the coast went under water. Hope i am dead and gone by the time FL see's 90's years round and almost no rain. 6" is no big hairy deal in my book. Once homes get taken out by canes they should never allow rebuilding as it is. Out past 30 years is when the real probs start. 30 years from now many of us here won't be around.

Old 10-17-2020, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
It does for me since i am 282.3 miles to the northwest of southeast FL. I can't care less jess if every home down that way on the coast went under water. Hope i am dead and gone by the time FL see's 90's years round and almost no rain. 6" is no big hairy deal in my book. Once homes get taken out by canes they should never allow rebuilding as it is. Out past 30 years is when the real probs start. 30 years from now many of us here won't be around.
Sea level rise in the Tampa Bay area may not be much less than, if any different at all, from that in southeast Florida. And the impact of six inches, let alone 12-14 inches on beach inundation and likely coastal erosion will be profound.

Thermal expansion and gravity impacts may be greater in southeast Florida, but I've never seen any quantification of how much these variables will differ from other areas of the Florida coast.

Old 10-17-2020, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Sea level rise in the Tampa Bay area may not be much less than, if any different at all, from that in southeast Florida. And the impact of six inches, let alone 12-14 inches on beach inundation and likely coastal erosion will be profound.

Thermal expansion and gravity impacts may be greater in southeast Florida, but I've never seen any quantification of how much these variables will differ from other areas of the Florida coast.
I am 140 miles north of Tampa and selling all my homes way before any water rise is a prob. I need to move to a place that gets rain and not hot year round. All of the state will be under water out past 500 years but no one will be left on the planet so it won't matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida