Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 10:26 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,929,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegal39 View Post
Classic, comfortable and flattering. Pockets sit in just the right place, and are just the right size for woman who's blessed with a booty. I've never had more compliments than when I'm in Levi's.
You know, for whatever reason I've kind of ignored Levi's. I think that I need to give them another chance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 01:03 AM

2,117 posts, read 5,368,397 times
jean manufacturing is a pretty lengthy topic... i did a university essay on it once. detailed the entire process.. what made premium jeans premium, cheap jeans cheap.. and what made some premium jeans a rip off.with most jeans there is no hidden cost. if you pay 20$ for jeans, you will get 20$ jeans. 20$-80$ you will have slightly better quality. if you pay 80-220$ jeans you will get much better quality (levi red tab, nudie, gstar) , anything above 220$ you will be purchasing selvedge denim, very premium made denim, or fad/trend denim.

Old 11-25-2009, 05:49 PM

811 posts, read 1,386,439 times
I'm a Levi's gal, always have been, always will be. They fit me well and they do adapt their styles to the "times".

Old 11-25-2009, 07:43 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,534,042 times
Anyone know the style of wash on the Levis 514 and even on the 511 skinny jeans? I have never seen that style of wash before. It looks really cool. If only it had that same wash on the 550 or 501.

Old 11-25-2009, 08:19 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,696,907 times
What do people think of Wranglers? I normally hate hate Wranglers but I tried on a pair of the pink Breast cancer ones and they look nice with something tucked in because they are kind of full in front so they are comy. They don't have a smooth line if I want a longer tank or something over them though. I like Miss Sixty for a smoother looker and Miss Me, True Religion and a brand I got about four years ago from Walmart!!!

Old 11-25-2009, 08:21 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,696,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odessa3 View Post
I'm a Levi's gal, always have been, always will be. They fit me well and they do adapt their styles to the "times".
I always seem to have about two or three pair of Levis that I like as well!

Old 11-25-2009, 11:01 PM

88 posts, read 169,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
What do people think of Wranglers? I normally hate hate Wranglers but I tried on a pair of the pink Breast cancer ones and they look nice with something tucked in because they are kind of full in front so they are comy. They don't have a smooth line if I want a longer tank or something over them though. I like Miss Sixty for a smoother looker and Miss Me, True Religion and a brand I got about four years ago from Walmart!!!
IMO Wranglers are too cowgirl looking for me...and they are not curvy girl friendly.

Old 11-26-2009, 04:42 AM

6,467 posts, read 8,185,741 times
I buy Diesel (Larkee and Zatiny). Usually pay around 178 USD.

Old 11-26-2009, 10:01 AM

1,353 posts, read 2,430,275 times
If I need a new pair of jeans, I'll buy the pair that I feel the most comfortable in (meaning comfortable to wear and comfortable with how they look on my body and comfortable that I'm not getting ripped off by paying for the company's advertising campaign). I guess I'm not impressed when people toss around brand names and how much they spent. In fact, if someone were to tell me that they spent $300 on a pair of jeans...um, I don't want to say I'd think they were an idiot...I guess I'd just hope that, since they have so much disposable income, they are also willing to give $300 to an animal shelter or literacy program or something like that.

Old 11-26-2009, 05:13 PM

2,117 posts, read 5,368,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdna View Post
If I need a new pair of jeans, I'll buy the pair that I feel the most comfortable in (meaning comfortable to wear and comfortable with how they look on my body and comfortable that I'm not getting ripped off by paying for the company's advertising campaign). I guess I'm not impressed when people toss around brand names and how much they spent. In fact, if someone were to tell me that they spent $300 on a pair of jeans...um, I don't want to say I'd think they were an idiot...I guess I'd just hope that, since they have so much disposable income, they are also willing to give $300 to an animal shelter or literacy program or something like that.
Well, disposable income is actually defined as anything that isn't being saved... if you want to get technical.

So, people spend money on cable television, cell phone plans, automobiles, etc. Theoretically all that money could go to an animal shelter too.

Maybe people that buy 300$ jeans don't think 50$ a month for cable is necessary. In six months an individual paying 50$ a month for cable will spend a total of 300$. Was it worth it? What about video games? Are video games worth it? Do people need to play video games? People don't need to buy 300$ jeans either, they just do. Should people donate money to an animal shelter or literacy program? Probably. Everyone in this world can't be so altruistic all the time, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty