Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 05:48 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,398,043 times

Advertisements

I fell in love with R&Rs a number of years ago because they offered longer inseams that I couldn't find elsewhere. And I was also addicted to their pocket designs and rinses. Once I stumbled upon R&R, I was sold. The R&Rs also flattered me more..enough so that my husband gave me a instead of cringing at the bill. I think I currently have 25 pairs in rotation. Most were purchased from retailers because I like to try on different sizes and just keep what fits (R&R are notorious for not being consistent with sizing.) Others were purchased from AuthenticForum.com and from reputable sellers on Ebay.

I tried Seven, but they were never long enough. I had the same problem with Notify & TR (plus I don't like their pocket designs.) I decided to just stick with R&R because they work for me.

I used to buy & wear women's denim from the Gap about 10 years ago, but their inseams were always crooked, plus their "extra long" was never long enough. I do still own Gap denim, but it's from the mens' dept. and I wear it while doing work around the house.

I'm not opposed to buying lesser priced denim. If I find something I like, I'll purchase it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2009, 05:58 PM

496 posts, read 1,251,168 times
i, hm, well love jeans. i think i spend too much money on myself (mainly shoes/boots and coats). I don't mind paying lots for those. but for jeans i don't think i have ever paid more than 90. in fact, all my jeans are from AE, A&F and express. I have been wanting to try Rock and republic or true religion but looking at those prices for jeans, i just can't seem to convince myself they're worth it.
I love bootcut and totally hate skinny jeans. I like dark color and am ok with a bit of stretch though i don't need it. So express covers all my needs
so to answer your question, is the jeans fit you nice, why not? Spend the money on something else...like shoes
btw please ladies lay off the levi's. I owned my last levi's pair during high school, which was, oh 16 years ago

Old 11-22-2009, 07:05 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,678,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlorak View Post
btw please ladies lay off the levi's. I owned my last levi's pair during high school, which was, oh 16 years ago
Funny, I feel the same way about Express jeans.. which I wore in high school 17 years ago..

Old 11-22-2009, 07:23 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,929,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I fell in love with R&Rs a number of years ago because they offered longer inseams that I couldn't find elsewhere. And I was also addicted to their pocket designs and rinses. Once I stumbled upon R&R, I was sold. The R&Rs also flattered me more..enough so that my husband gave me a instead of cringing at the bill. I think I currently have 25 pairs in rotation. Most were purchased from retailers because I like to try on different sizes and just keep what fits (R&R are notorious for not being consistent with sizing.) Others were purchased from AuthenticForum.com and from reputable sellers on Ebay.

I tried Seven, but they were never long enough. I had the same problem with Notify & TR (plus I don't like their pocket designs.) I decided to just stick with R&R because they work for me.

I used to buy & wear women's denim from the Gap about 10 years ago, but their inseams were always crooked, plus their "extra long" was never long enough. I do still own Gap denim, but it's from the mens' dept. and I wear it while doing work around the house.

I'm not opposed to buying lesser priced denim. If I find something I like, I'll purchase it.
You and I have the opposite problem. I'm always excited to find jeans short enough for me!

Old 11-22-2009, 07:34 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
OP...sometimes you have to forget about the labels and find jeans that fit you the best.

But if you love labels, "invest" in one or two great fitting pairs and alternate. If you are craving more of those labels that you love, check out your local TJ Maxx, Marshall's or Loehmann's - I have a secret TJ Maxx that always carries top designers (Burberry, Chloe, J Brand, etc, etc) or try The Back Room at Loehmann's

My favorite pair of J Brand jeans came from TJ Maxx (and they were on clearance for like $15 for a $185 pair of jeans)

Old 11-22-2009, 07:56 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,678,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepinksquid View Post
You and I have the opposite problem. I'm always excited to find jeans short enough for me!
Ditto- I'm 5'2" & it's tough! That was another problem I had with designer jeans.. great for the gals with long legs- not so great for me!

Old 11-22-2009, 08:16 PM

5,068 posts, read 10,130,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepinksquid View Post

My question to you all, is how much do you usually spend on jeans? Do you think that higher price = higher quality? Where do you usually shop for them?
Rustler, made by Wrangler. Order ten pair and shipping is free. It's my favorite jean, and its about time I ordered more since mine or starting to wear out.

Old 11-23-2009, 06:24 PM

1,057 posts, read 2,011,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixiStix View Post
Ditto- I'm 5'2" & it's tough! That was another problem I had with designer jeans.. great for the gals with long legs- not so great for me!
Occasionally when buying denim or dress pants I'll come across some that are a bit long. I have them taken up. My seamstress takes up denim as well - only costs 10.00 and she uses denim thread so you really can't tell that they were ever hemmed. Just make sure you bring the shoes you would usually wear with the jeans to the tailor. If you get a great deal on premium denim and the ONLY thing wrong is that they're too long, it's totally worth it to have them taken up.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:14 PM

1,357 posts, read 5,865,846 times
The last 3 or 4 pairs of jeans I've bought were GAP 1969 jeans, about $55 per. They fit and they are durable. I alternate between two pairs every day, and if you consider it that way (that (if?) you wear your jeans every single day) paying a lot of money to get the right ones might not be a bad idea. If I didn't find these Gap ones that work, I'd spend up to $100 on a pair.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:16 PM

1,357 posts, read 5,865,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixiStix View Post
MY wife is 5'2" and very petite. She can usually find good fitting jeans at AE and Express. At first we could never find short ones, but the salesperson at Express told us they keep the short ones at the bottom of the pile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty