Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2009, 03:18 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,756,449 times

Advertisements

I have never seen a group so INTOLERENT of people.....who cares
If some of you are so obsessed over flip-flop wearers I can only imagine the anger issues you must deal with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 04:33 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,561,694 times
Maybe a thread needs to be started about people popping their chewing gum. I wonder how many Flip Flop wearers enjoy hearing that!

Old 08-10-2009, 05:22 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,622,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towhee View Post
Again...the 'ugly/homely ' feet was not the original post on this thread...it was the noise made by the flip flops.
Actually, if you go back and read the first post, it was, along with the noise.

The title of the thread is: "Is there anyone else annoyed by flip flop wearing people?"

Obviously the poster is annoyed with the people wearing them also.

The title of the thread was NOT "Is there anyone else annoyed by the sound of flip-flops"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdonaldson View Post
When 2000, and the years after, arrived I noticed that people started to wear flip flops not just to the beaches or to other swimming locations but anywhere considered informal. Daily, I have to endure simultaneously seeing the disgusting feet of some people in addition to hearing the sickening smacking sound that is made when the soles of the flip flops hit the ground and when people's foot soles smack their flip flop soles.
Poor thing to have to endure such a sight

I think I might go out and buy some flip-flops now

Old 08-10-2009, 05:32 PM

69 posts, read 275,387 times
I cant stand flip flops, the way they sound, the way they feel, just cant stand em.

Old 08-10-2009, 05:41 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,730,926 times
I don't like seeing them in a grocery store or restaurant. I don't want to see someones dirty feet while I'm trying to eat. Let's face it, not everyone who wears flip flops get pedicures.

When I was a teenager I worked in a grocery store late in the evening, and at closing time it was my job to sweep the isles. On my first day after sweeping a coworker pointed out the whitish colored stuff in the debris, and said it was dead skin from peoples feet.

Old 08-10-2009, 05:47 PM

12,973 posts, read 3,228,147 times
I love flip flops! Life is already so complicated with real problems...let's give our poor feet a break. LOL

Old 08-10-2009, 05:57 PM

4 posts, read 7,604 times
Well they are very comfortable & some styles of them are "in" & i myself a fan.

Old 08-10-2009, 06:07 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,537,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastwood View Post
Flip-flops are inappropriate everywhere except at a pool or shower. The wearer always gives the impression that they are sloppy and can't be bothered to put on real shoes.

The sound they make is so disgusting and annoying; even the Bible talks about the slap-slap of sandals and how they are only worn by whores! Ha ha, if only the wearers knew that.

Like my Mama always used to say;

one accuses to excuse.

Old 08-10-2009, 06:09 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,537,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I don't like seeing them in a grocery store or restaurant. I don't want to see someones dirty feet while I'm trying to eat. Let's face it, not everyone who wears flip flops get pedicures.

When I was a teenager I worked in a grocery store late in the evening, and at closing time it was my job to sweep the isles. On my first day after sweeping a coworker pointed out the whitish colored stuff in the debris, and said it was dead skin from peoples feet.
That makes no sense what so ever...dead skin doesn't have a color.
Anything for shock value. LOL

Old 08-10-2009, 06:40 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,730,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
That makes no sense what so ever...dead skin doesn't have a color.
Anything for shock value. LOL
You can still see it, it looks like dandruff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty