Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2009, 09:15 PM

30 posts, read 74,815 times

Advertisements

It seems Mdonaldson, you have a foot fear. I have BEAUTIFUL feet... that is beside the point. I canNOT wear High heals and when you wear shorts or capris you CANNOT wear snickers. That is a MAJOR fashion faux pas it just looks plain stupid, all there is to elongate your legs and be comfy is sandals. Now to people who wear socks with your sandals STOP IT, for one you defeated the whole purpose of sandals and it is another faux pas. Always follow this rule If you can see your legs DO NOT STOP AT YOUR FEET. To show leg then end at the ankle is ridicules! To the people who don't like feet DON'T LOOK DOWN. I don't like comb overs or mullets or large people in small clothes, but there you have it. TO the people who hate the sound... I hate the sound of childern running around screaming at the top of their longs, I hate sqeaky carts and lots of sounds, come on give that issue a break, HECK some peoples VOICES drive me nuts lol

Last edited by notmeow; 08-06-2009 at 09:18 PM.. Reason: Forgot to add something
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 09:54 PM

2,141 posts, read 7,870,181 times
They don't bother me except for when I see people wearing them in the office building that I work in. I don't think they should be worn in a business office.

Old 08-06-2009, 09:56 PM

2,638 posts, read 6,023,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeow View Post
It seems Mdonaldson, you have a foot fear. I have BEAUTIFUL feet... that is beside the point. I canNOT wear High heals and when you wear shorts or capris you CANNOT wear snickers. That is a MAJOR fashion faux pas it just looks plain stupid, all there is to elongate your legs and be comfy is sandals. Now to people who wear socks with your sandals STOP IT, for one you defeated the whole purpose of sandals and it is another faux pas. Always follow this rule If you can see your legs DO NOT STOP AT YOUR FEET. To show leg then end at the ankle is ridicules! To the people who don't like feet DON'T LOOK DOWN. I don't like comb overs or mullets or large people in small clothes, but there you have it. TO the people who hate the sound... I hate the sound of childern running around screaming at the top of their longs, I hate sqeaky carts and lots of sounds, come on give that issue a break, HECK some peoples VOICES drive me nuts lol
Personally I think capris period are a "faux pas", but whatever. I met a girl once who wore nothing but capris and flip flops - I was embarrassed to be seen in public with her. Which was a shame, because she really was a beautiful girl. Strange, but beautiful. No dress sense, but beautiful.

At work, you need to wear either blouses/skirts, or dress pants with a nice top and jacket. Too many girls running around these days wearing too-short skirts and flipflops like they're about to go play volleyball or something. It's not professional.

BTW, the line "I can't wear high heels" is nonsense. I know 70 year old ladies who can do it, so can you. You choose not to wear high heels, but you can.

Old 08-06-2009, 11:16 PM

30 posts, read 74,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
Personally I think capris period are a "faux pas", but whatever. I met a girl once who wore nothing but capris and flip flops - I was embarrassed to be seen in public with her. Which was a shame, because she really was a beautiful girl. Strange, but beautiful. No dress sense, but beautiful.

At work, you need to wear either blouses/skirts, or dress pants with a nice top and jacket. Too many girls running around these days wearing too-short skirts and flipflops like they're about to go play volleyball or something. It's not professional.

BTW, the line "I can't wear high heels" is nonsense. I know 70 year old ladies who can do it, so can you. You choose not to wear high heels, but you can.
1. If you have chubby legs wearing shorts is not an option and when you live in HOT climates jeans are not a COMFORTABLE option so capris are okay (unless they are white, lol)
2. You ever see a new born goat... YEAH so I can wear high heels BUT if I want to WALK then HECK NO I can't.
Plus those 70 yr old women have been wearing them for 20yrs and they have proven that high heels destory your feet and cause a lot of other health issues
NE WAYS yes I totally agree that wearing this stuff at work is wrong carpis, flip flops, too short skirts and shorts is WAY wrong, But when you are walking in a store or at a park. Women who shop for groceries in high heels are just showing off.... of course if I could walk in them I would too

Last edited by notmeow; 08-06-2009 at 11:20 PM.. Reason: PS

Old 08-07-2009, 06:52 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,554,430 times
This thread is a hoot! The op was about the noise made by flip flops. How and why did it turn into such a huge bru ha ha!!! What do many of the posters not understand about the word "noise"???

Old 08-07-2009, 08:57 AM

496 posts, read 1,251,930 times
always wear flip flops, in the states and when visiting overseas. they're so comfortable. why are you bothered by them? there's nothing easier or comfortable or prettier
i am actually a shoe freak and have lots and lots of shoes/sandals/boots/heels/conservative etc., yet i find myself wearing flip flops most of the time.
don't worry, europeans also wear flip flops.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:05 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,748,758 times
I have to agree with you Towhee this has turned into one NASTY thread and people are picking on the OP who posted this a year ago..

To each his own.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:57 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,783,755 times
I don't like flip flops, to me they are uncomfortable. I think the people who should wear flip flops are the people that take care of their feet, you know, keep them clean and what not. Otherwise you shouldn't wear them, it's offensive to everyone else.

Old 08-07-2009, 04:35 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,245,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastwood View Post
Flip-flops are inappropriate everywhere except at a pool or shower. The wearer always gives the impression that they are sloppy and can't be bothered to put on real shoes.

The sound they make is so disgusting and annoying; even the Bible talks about the slap-slap of sandals and how they are only worn by whores! Ha ha, if only the wearers knew that.
I don't know where you live, but they're normal attire here in Denver. I wear them, sometimes with jeans. I also have different pairs of sandals that neither flip nor flop! That's all I wear in summer.

Old 08-07-2009, 04:48 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,554,430 times
I have rather nice looking feet, but cannot stand bare feet in any type shoe. The tiniest thing irritates my feet, and where I live there is all sorts of stuff that can get in to sandals, and even open-toed or open heel shoes. I guess if all I ever walked on is sidewalks and floors, that would not be a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty