Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2009, 02:58 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,477,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Rowlett Owner View Post
Lordy, lordy, then don't come to my house. I have every FLIP FLOP under the sun as do my family as well. Now mind you FLIP FLOPS are not for work or a nice dinner out. But, heck when I get home the shoes, heels, boots or whatever come off and FLIP FLOPS go on. I go everywhere else with FLIP FLOPS. Now as for slippers that is what EERKS me. SLIPPERS stay at home. Maybe wear out in the driver way to get the Sunday paper...
I have a problem with slippers being worn outside. They are meant to be worn in the house, whereas flip flops are meant to be worn outside. With all the fancy flip flops made nowadays, it's funny how everyone focuses on the plastic/rubber ones, and not the ones made from "man made materials", such as pleather!

And to the person who brought up the Bible, I, too want to know what chapter and verse, because my pastor never covered that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 03:02 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,346,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Rowlett Owner View Post
Lordy, lordy, then don't come to my house. I have every FLIP FLOP under the sun as do my family as well. Now mind you FLIP FLOPS are not for work or a nice dinner out. But, heck when I get home the shoes, heels, boots or whatever come off and FLIP FLOPS go on. I go everywhere else with FLIP FLOPS. Now as for slippers that is what EERKS me. SLIPPERS stay at home. Maybe wear out in the driver way to get the Sunday paper...
I don't have a problem with flip flops either. I used to, then I discovered how much cooler they are in summer... and when my expensive sandals constantly broke, I figured, why not spend $3 instead if they're going to break anyway?

I wear them because I can get them on in about 2 seconds to run somewhere, then get them off just as fast when I get home. Wearing other kinds of shoes when it's 102 out just makes me sweaty and restricted. Flip flops are as close as I can get to being barefoot (which I'd prefer, if it weren't for scalding walkways and fire ants!)...

Plus, I always take showers at my community college after PE, and I can wear the flip flops IN the shower without worries about ruining anything, when you consider the cheaper kind with no leather or fabric or fancy details. Big plus since that's one place I would NEVER go barefoot! LOL

Old 08-03-2009, 03:21 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,208,611 times
I wear them when I'm out and about running errands and such. I wear them to the airport now too. I never used to, but it sure beats having to take off socks and shoes, put them in the basket on the conveyor belt for the x-ray machine, and scurry to put them back on. Very convenient for the airport.

Old 08-03-2009, 05:06 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,753,502 times
I like flip flops but I will admit it annoys me when people wear flip flops in an office enviornment and they go "swish swish swish".... It is also strange how I can tell the weight of the person from just hearing them come up behind me. It bugs me when people have there PJ's and flip flops on in the winter uggg!

Old 08-03-2009, 05:33 PM
ECG

42,605 posts, read 2,756,014 times
I am against Flip-Flops myself, The only time you will catch me wearing them is by the pool or at the beach otherwise forget it.

Old 08-03-2009, 06:09 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,600,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Nah, I'm more annoyed by peolpe whose feet are so heavy they can't pick them up when they walk, and they drag across the floor. Or possibly by the wooden soled mules that clop down the halls.
Perhaps you will eventually be one of the people who cannot lift up their feet when they walk. I happens frequently to the elderly.

BTW, Add me to those who are annoyed by the loud slapping of flip flops.

Last edited by Towhee; 08-03-2009 at 06:18 PM..

Old 08-03-2009, 06:16 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,600,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
So Jesus had the special NON slapping sandals ?

Jesus's sandals were fastened on. Mark 1:7, Luke 3:16, John 1:27

Old 08-03-2009, 06:29 PM

1,741 posts, read 4,594,948 times
I wear flip flops all the time when it is warm..

Seems like everybody else does too, I have no problem with it at all.

They look better than Crocs!!!!!

Old 08-03-2009, 06:31 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,208,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towhee View Post
Jesus's sandals were fastened on. Mark 1:7, Luke 3:16, John 1:27
Thank you for those passages - however - none of those passage says that a woman wearing a flip flop is a *****! Like this person says:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastwood View Post
Flip-flops are inappropriate everywhere except at a pool or shower. The wearer always gives the impression that they are sloppy and can't be bothered to put on real shoes.

The sound they make is so disgusting and annoying; even the Bible talks about the slap-slap of sandals and how they are only worn by whores! Ha ha, if only the wearers knew that.

Old 08-03-2009, 06:39 PM

537 posts, read 293,516 times
I enjoy my flip-flops during the summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty