Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2009, 05:17 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,574,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld;10103870[B
]I cannot get over the fact that someone gets so upset over what someone else wears. Must be nice to be so very[/b] perfect.

I am guessing we have a troll here.
BTW where is Eastwood. Guess he/she couldn't back up their statement.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it is not what they wear...it is what it sounds like! Some of us are sensitive to irritating sounds. Not all of us are perfect!
I wonder if those who are defending the flip flop sound are not irritated by something????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2009, 05:42 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,769,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towhee View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble, but it is not what they wear...it is what it sounds like! Some of us are sensitive to irritating sounds. Not all of us are perfect!
I wonder if those who are defending the flip flop sound are not irritated by something????

Too many other things to worry about than flip-flop sounds. Don't really notice it.

Old 08-04-2009, 06:41 PM

43,851 posts, read 51,405,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettygyrl777 View Post
You obviously don't live in Florida. And as far as your reference to the Bible in regards to the 'slap-slap' of sandals- please provide chapter and verse.
Same here.

I live in Florida and wear my flip flops to church.

(Neither Jesus or anyone else has ever asked me to leave.)

Old 08-04-2009, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
Too many other things to worry about than flip-flop sounds. Don't really notice it.
I notice if my own shoes make irritating noises. I am not into irritating other people, regardless of all the "other things to worry about" !

I certainly have enough of my own worries.......and they include the inconsideration of many, in all walks of life!

Old 08-04-2009, 07:18 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,127,805 times
I've never noticed my flip flops making any sound, but I can't wear high heel slides because they flap really loud and I can't walk in them without them coming off.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I've never noticed my flip flops making any sound, but I can't wear high heel slides because they flap really loud and I can't walk in them without them coming off.

I know a lot of people can walk in flip flops with out making a loud noise. I do not know what is the differance.

Old 08-04-2009, 10:20 PM

41 posts, read 128,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by centre View Post
I guess everyone has an opinion.......I can't stand a man in sandals of any kind. Men just don't look right.
I've had plenty of women tell me that I look good in flip flops. They actually seem to prefer it. One girlfriend converted me from wearing tennis shoes and crew socks lol.

Old 08-05-2009, 01:52 AM

3 posts, read 5,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyKing78 View Post
I've had plenty of women tell me that I look good in flip flops. They actually seem to prefer it. One girlfriend converted me from wearing tennis shoes and crew socks lol.
Yes, it really is about different strokes for different folks. There isn't a woman alive who could talk me out of my socks! (well maybe Brooke Shields) And there are many foot fetish people. I am the opposite. I wish everyone would wear socks! I think women's legs look great in socks!
And I live in a hot part of CA and I never noticed my feet getting hot. Maybe it just boils down to what we are used to. If you grew up in a flip flop wearing household, it is normal and natural, and regular shoes feel cumbersome.
If on the other hand, you grew up around people who always wore shoes except for the beach and taking showers, than you feel naked in something like flip flops. Sandals are less annoying cause they dont make that noise. But I couldn't imagin ever wearing them!
Oh...and one more thing from the sad guy who couldnt take a step in flip flops without them flying off every step......It was a long work day today. 12 hours on a concrete floor. Couldnt wait to get my work boots off! I changed into tennis shoes when I got home. Why not just socks? Cause I cant seem to walk around the house in socks without stubbing my toe!!!

Old 08-05-2009, 07:35 AM

2,638 posts, read 6,038,041 times
Women wear them in the office all the time. And for some reason they are incapable of walking in them without making that sound. You know the one. Multiply that by 4. It IS an annoying sound, nevermind the fact that they are inappropriate in the workplace, but whatever.

It's mostly the younger group that is incapable of understanding this. The older crowd (30+) seem to get it. I'm not really a fan of heels myself, but I'd rather see closed toe heels in the workplace than anything showing your feet.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:06 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,470,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
Women wear them in the office all the time. And for some reason they are incapable of walking in them without making that sound. You know the one. Multiply that by 4. It IS an annoying sound, nevermind the fact that they are inappropriate in the workplace, but whatever.

It's mostly the younger group that is incapable of understanding this. The older crowd (30+) seem to get it. I'm not really a fan of heels myself, but I'd rather see closed toe heels in the workplace than anything showing your feet.
I'm in complete agreement with you. I don't know how the flip flop at work trend started but it needs to end, now! I don't care if you work in an office setting or Walmart, wearing flips flops at work looks unprofessional. The only workplace settings where flip flops are appropriate are at beaches or swimming pools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty