Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 03:28 PM

631 posts, read 1,888,185 times

Advertisements

I wear flip flops until it snows up here. When I still lived at home in KY I wore flip flops almost year round. My feet never saw shoes in the summer time. Its way too hot in the south to wear shoes. Sandals/flip flops are much cooler.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2008, 03:37 PM

132 posts, read 390,772 times
Default wow

Are you serious?? Flip flops? Who cares what kind of shoes someone wears! I wear flip flops all the time.. and so do millions of other people!! Next please..

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 09-03-2008 at 11:27 AM..

Old 09-02-2008, 03:46 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,754,246 times
Aren't there more things offense than someone wearing flip-flops? Jeez.

If you don't want to see someone's feet, don't look. I have seen a lot worse and mostly I don't worry about what other people are doing unless they are hurting someone else.

Old 09-02-2008, 03:46 PM

800 posts, read 4,301,437 times
My criteria for relocating is...If you can wear flip flops year-round, then, it is my kind of place to live

Best thing is the brand Sanuk. They make flip flops of the traditional kind (I own their ones with a yoga mat footbed which I LOVE!). But, they also make shoes that have the foot top covered and the bottom is a flip flop bottom. Most comfy shoes I own are Sanuk. I love the idea of wearing the 'shoe' type as my winter shoes one day in Southern CA! Yay!

And, really, honestly, life is so short. Why spend it fussing over others' footwear choices?

Old 09-03-2008, 08:33 AM

41,999 posts, read 75,335,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdonaldson View Post
When 2000, and the years after, arrived I noticed that people started to wear flip flops not just to the beaches or to other swimming locations but anywhere considered informal.
Where have you been??? People have been wearing flip-flops everywhere for many, many years.

Quote:
Daily, I have to endure simultaneously seeing the disgusting feet of some people
Then don't look. Other people's feet are none of your business, unless they're stuck in your face. And maybe not even then.

Old 09-03-2008, 11:15 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,754,246 times
I have to agree with the crocs with the holes...to me they don't make sense but I love love love my croc flip-flops. Like walking on marshmallows and they now have Croc high heel sandals. Again like walking on marshmallows. But great for casual with dress pants. I am five feet and even the petite length pants drag so these are perfect.

Old 09-03-2008, 01:33 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,660,477 times
Well, today - I wore my flip-flops. I was at Bed, Bath & Beyond, paying for a scale. My one foot turned wrong in my flip-flop and the in-between toe thingie broke! CRISIS! Have no fear - the Sales Associate was near! He used his radio and they located a brand new pair of flip-flops in the store for me to buy so I did not hobble out of there like some leg-dragging fool. See. Flip-flops are everywhere to save the day. They are displayed at Bed, Bath & Beyond on a tall display next to the towels, they are just that important. They rock - and I SMACK-SMACK-SMACKED all the way into the parking lot.

Old 09-03-2008, 01:36 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,620,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
Well, today - I wore my flip-flops. I was at Bed, Bath & Beyond, paying for a scale. My one foot turned wrong in my flip-flop and the in-between toe thingie broke! CRISIS! Have no fear - the Sales Associate was near! He used his radio and they located a brand new pair of flip-flops in the store for me to buy so I did not hobble out of there like some leg-dragging fool. See. Flip-flops are everywhere to save the day. They are displayed at Bed, Bath & Beyond on a tall display next to the towels, they are just that important. They rock - and I SMACK-SMACK-SMACKED all the way into the parking lot.
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d... (broken link) oh my, I hope nobody suffered any irreversible damage having to be exposed to your entire foot for a few minutes.

Old 09-03-2008, 01:52 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,660,477 times
Hahaha! I sent my son to go grab them on the display. I stood at the register. I won't let my sexy-hot foot touch those dirty floors, Icky-EW!

Old 09-03-2008, 01:57 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,873,077 times
I hear the sirens of the 'anti-flip flop wearing police' heading to the store now. Woman aisle 2, exposed foot!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty