Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2016, 01:53 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,918,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Well, I guess you can also have plastic surgery and look like Cher before you're done, but most of us don't choose to go that far.

FWIW: the visible signs of menopause didn't appear for me until about a year after the "official" point (no periods for 12 months). I guess what hormones I had left were sputtering out! For me the worst is the weight gain, not only because of the appearance, but also because I've always been thin and don't feel like "myself" carrying any extra weight. I also really love to eat, more now than ever (and maybe that's another sign), and don't wish to give that up!
Eating less refined carbs, less fat and reducing calories is vital at your age. There are always trade offs which is hard but worth making the changes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2016, 01:57 PM

7,992 posts, read 5,407,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble99 View Post
I'm not sure what your question is here. .
The question was: "What are the three age-related changes to your appearance that you fear most?"

Not: "What are you willing to do to change the aging process?"

Old 08-19-2016, 02:40 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,005,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
The question was: "What are the three age-related changes to your appearance that you fear most?"

Not: "What are you willing to do to change the aging process?"
But it not really issue today for the most part.

If I say three age changes I really hate are sagging skin, wrinkles and thin hair and hair loss is not really a problem today like it was 5 to 10 years ago.

If you have the money.

Just look magazines today of pop stars and movies stars than compared to magazines before.

All the money the pop stars and movies stars spend on cosmetic changes to look 20 years younger.

Old 08-19-2016, 02:43 PM

15,656 posts, read 10,430,511 times
A change due to a physical illness like an amputation or being disfigured due to skin cancer would be my biggest fears of age related changes. I don't mind the normal age related changes to my body or face as getting older has so many benefits. Who wants to be young again? Not me! I enjoyed my youth, but I like being my age now, in my 50s, very much.

Old 08-19-2016, 02:47 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,005,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Well, I guess you can also have plastic surgery and look like Cher before you're done, but most of us don't choose to go that far.

FWIW: the visible signs of menopause didn't appear for me until about a year after the "official" point (no periods for 12 months). I guess what hormones I had left were sputtering out! For me the worst is the weight gain, not only because of the appearance, but also because I've always been thin and don't feel like "myself" carrying any extra weight. I also really love to eat, more now than ever (and maybe that's another sign), and don't wish to give that up!
Also not smoking and not spending lot of time out in the sun will make your skin look younger.

If you smoke a lot and spend lot of time in sun you could look 10 years older than your age.

People that exercise, lift weights and yoga will tone your body and will help with flexibility

Than some one that has IT job sitting all day in front of computer and living a sedentary lifestyle. You have more stiffness, sore joints and pain and have no flexibility.

Old 08-19-2016, 07:28 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,904,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble99 View Post
But it not really issue today for the most part.

If I say three age changes I really hate are sagging skin, wrinkles and thin hair and hair loss is not really a problem today like it was 5 to 10 years ago.

If you have the money.

Just look magazines today of pop stars and movies stars than compared to magazines before.

All the money the pop stars and movies stars spend on cosmetic changes to look 20 years younger.
1) I ask that this be the end of the tangent.
2) Even if someone is filthy rich, most problems that develop significantly (but not teeth yellowing, which nobody here has fretted about) can only be moderately reversed. For example, Redford can't get his skin to where it's not particularly wrinkled. And strangely - except for at the hairline - hair loss in women likely is harder to slow down and reverse than men's hair loss, while men can get away with some thin-looking hair.

Last edited by goodheathen; 08-19-2016 at 07:43 PM..

Old 08-19-2016, 11:32 PM

645 posts, read 753,029 times
wrinkles, double chin, losing teeth....not so much the body because i can always work on that and hide imperfections..but the face you cant really hide aging issues

Old 08-23-2016, 03:22 PM

1,562 posts, read 1,058,440 times
I've been reading this thread with interest. I'm not going to post my most age-related concerns as I would sound like a hag and I think I look fairly good for my 72 years.

I'm hoping to start a new thread: what are the three most important things that one can do to enhance appearance while growing older.

Old 08-24-2016, 01:19 AM

18,544 posts, read 18,814,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefret View Post
I've been reading this thread with interest. I'm not going to post my most age-related concerns as I would sound like a hag and I think I look fairly good for my 72 years.

I'm hoping to start a new thread: what are the three most important things that one can do to enhance appearance while growing older.
Nice one Ill join in with that..

Old 08-24-2016, 02:56 AM

4,475 posts, read 6,697,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
1) I ask that this be the end of the tangent.
2) Even if someone is filthy rich, most problems that develop significantly (but not teeth yellowing, which nobody here has fretted about) can only be moderately reversed. For example, Redford can't get his skin to where it's not particularly wrinkled. And strangely - except for at the hairline - hair loss in women likely is harder to slow down and reverse than men's hair loss, while men can get away with some thin-looking hair.
Im willing to bet theres some people over in the exercise forum that would say squats would help him get his skin back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty