Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 02:31 PM

6,884 posts, read 11,245,419 times

Advertisements

Have you ever done this? If so, what was the result?

(Don't say death & taxes - we all know those are 100%)

I actually fear being alone or lonely. I know that's why I overschedule and overdo. I sometimes hate to actually finish something b/c I don't know what is behind it.

Anyone have this problem?

(Don't know if this is the right place for this).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2010, 02:37 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
I appreciate your honesty. I used to feel that way too, I don't so much anymore. I wouldn't say that it was my biggest fear, but I understand your point.

I say to help face this "fear", try being still and meditating for a while. Then you will really be aware of how you probably are never just still, how you fill you time up to prevent your mind from racing and filling yourself up with negative thoughts.

Old 07-04-2010, 02:51 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,092,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post

I actually fear being alone or lonely. I know that's why I overschedule and overdo. I sometimes hate to actually finish something b/c I don't know what is behind it.

The only thing I fear is my kids being hurt, it breaks my heart to see them hurt.

Old 07-04-2010, 02:53 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,007,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
The only thing I fear is my kids being hurt, it breaks my heart to see them hurt.
You and me, both. In fact, I just rescued my daughter from an abuser. She's in the air as I type this. I couldn't take it anymore.

ETA: This is a very special Independence day for her.

Old 07-04-2010, 05:03 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,252,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post

I don't have a fear that I can control that I haven't faced and or beaten. I can't make someone love me and marry me though so that is out of my control. Everything else can be controlled by me and I build up to it. When I feel that the time is right or don't have a choice I jump in balls to the wall!

Old 07-04-2010, 05:06 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times
I don't fear being alone but I do have a very irrational fear of dying in a car crash. This severely affects my everyday life and I live with a lot of anxiety. Every day I jump in my car or someone elses car I face my fear.

Old 07-04-2010, 05:51 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,346,537 times
I've faced some of my "demons" but no, I haven't faced my biggest fear, I'm too much of a coward for many of them.

Old 07-04-2010, 06:14 PM

155 posts, read 223,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
You and me, both. In fact, I just rescued my daughter from an abuser. She's in the air as I type this. I couldn't take it anymore.

ETA: This is a very special Independence day for her.
What a good mother, and I hope her independance lasts.

Old 07-04-2010, 06:30 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,551,670 times
I think we all face our fears at some level or another, or we'd never get out of bed in the morning. What is our biggest fear becomes smaller, once it is faced -- then we have other "biggest" fears. Life is often being afraid, but just doing whatever it is, anyway.

I used to think that losing a parent would be the worst thing ever. I lost my dad just before I turned 19. It was awful, and I still miss him more than thirty years later, but it wasn't what I'd feared.

That's the thing about fear -- most of it is just big shadows that fade in the light of attention.

Most of us fear being alone. But let me tell you, being married to a person that makes you feel lonely was worse for me. I left him after two years, and I was really glad to be alone!

When I am afraid of something, I ask myself: "What if the absolute WORST that I can imagine about this thing was to happen? What then?" Then, I picture that thing happening. It cannot possibly be worse than things that have happened to someone else, and if they lived, they survived. If they can, so can I. (If they didn't, or I don't, then it doesn't matter, anyway -- right?)

If you believe in yourself, and know you are a good person, you can face anything. If you are not a good person, get yourself right so you can call yourself one, and THEN you can face anything.

Be well.

Old 07-04-2010, 06:32 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,346,537 times
I wasn't there for my father the way he needed it in his last weeks., I'll never forgive myself for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships