Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2016, 04:54 AM

466 posts, read 583,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I'm too busy worrying about Alzheimer's to be bothered with white hair or wrinkles.
Stop worrying & read/listen: Memory Healer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2016, 04:58 AM

466 posts, read 583,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallstarr View Post
I am scared of stiff movements. Old people move like robots. I also am fanatic about looking my teeth which support the face and jaw line, impacting appearance. Oh and these wiry grey hairs ugh!
Research artemisia annua & drink the tea, been around for centuries. I take artemisinin tablets (to stop the recurrence of breast cancer) and drink artemisia annua (home grown plant) fresh leaves ground & made into tea that MH & I drink last thing at night, stiff joints only occur now when there is a drastic change in the weather.

Old 08-24-2016, 05:43 AM

1,230 posts, read 1,005,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefret View Post
I'm hoping to start a new thread: what are the three most important things that one can do to enhance appearance while growing older.
There not lot they can do more than 15 to 20 years younger.

Products to help with thin hair or people that are bald. And cream to help with wrinkles.

And what all they can do is make you look 15 to 20 years younger.

Some one that smokes lot and spends long time in the sun with really bad wrinkles is still going to have wrinkles!!! The Cream are just going to mask the problem if you are just really bad.

You probably should see a cosmetic doctor if thin hair or wrinkles is a problem. There is even some surgery out there that people can get if you have the money.

If you guy with thin hair or going bald you could probably get away with shaved head look that is really probably among military and MMA fighters.

There is nothing more I can say here in this thread on this topic because cosmetic is not my thing. There other people here way more knowledgeable on this topic and into cosmetic, creams and products that can say lot more.

But on unfortunately science we have today is NOT going to make some one in there 60's look like some one in there 30's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
The question was: "What are the three age-related changes to your appearance that you fear most?"

Not: "What are you willing to do to change the aging process?"
I don't have any money for treatment so there is nothing really I can do at this point.

Old 08-24-2016, 05:45 AM

18,544 posts, read 18,814,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble99 View Post
There not lot they can do more than 15 to 20 years younger.

Products to help with thin hair or people that are bald. And cream to help with wrinkles.

And what all they can do is make you look 15 to 20 years younger.

Some one that smokes lot and spends long time in the sun with really bad wrinkles is still going to have wrinkles!!! The Cream are just going to mask the problem if you are just really bad.

You probably should see a cosmetic doctor if thin hair or wrinkles is a problem. There is even some surgery out there that people can get if you have the money.

If you guy with thin hair or going bald you could probably get away with shaved head look that is really probably among military and MMA fighters.

There is nothing more I can say here in this thread on this topic because cosmetic is not my thing. There other people here way more knowledgeable on this topic and into cosmetic, creams and products that can say lot more.

But on unfortunately science we have today is NOT going to make some one in there 60's look like some one in there 30's.

Id be happy just to feel 30 haha

Old 08-24-2016, 06:50 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,140,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
A change due to a physical illness like an amputation or being disfigured due to skin cancer would be my biggest fears of age related changes. I don't mind the normal age related changes to my body or face as getting older has so many benefits. Who wants to be young again? Not me! I enjoyed my youth, but I like being my age now, in my 50s, very much.
SAME HERE. Good post.

What has surprised me the most is that the things I feared as a younger woman just don't bother me now. For instance, I would have been mortified to think of a thickened waist after menopause - till I got one. Now I realize that I simply don't care. It's a non issue. I feel great. I have lots of energy. I guess if I THOUGHT about it much I would say I'd prefer to have that smaller waist - but the reality is that it has no impact on my quality of life or really any impact at all.

The things I cared about so much as a younger woman (looks wise) simply don't matter much to me now. The main thing that bothers me now though is lack of muscle tone, so my skin is not as tight now. I may have that neck skin "tucked" a bit in a few years in fact. But in spite of that, I'm so grateful for my health and vitality and energy that I don't even think about "Oh my - my face doesn't look 25 anymore." So what? Im not 25. I'm 54 and I like my life, and I like myself.

Old 08-24-2016, 08:21 AM

22,062 posts, read 13,093,119 times
"I'm hoping to start a new thread: what are the three most important things that one can do to enhance appearance while growing older."

That would be a no-brainer, according to this thread: wear makeup, dye your hair, and diet/exercise strenuously (or perhaps cosmetic surgery would come in third).

Old 08-24-2016, 12:31 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,140,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
"I'm hoping to start a new thread: what are the three most important things that one can do to enhance appearance while growing older."

That would be a no-brainer, according to this thread: wear makeup, dye your hair, and diet/exercise strenuously (or perhaps cosmetic surgery would come in third).
I'm done dying my hair. My natural hair color looks better with my skin and enhances my skin tone better. Everyone is different, but I think we all know older people who keep dying their hair and it ends up looking harsh and fake.

I've actually been told I look younger now that I no longer dye my hair so go figure.

Also - I'd say CHANGE your makeup if you wear any. Change it to flatter your skin tone, which changes over the years. Go less dramatic with the eye makeup and brows. Now is the time to go bold on your lips though - as long as your teeth are white. Red lipstick with yellow teeth is awful - but cherry red lipstick with naturally white or salt and pepper hair can be fabulous!

As for cosmetic surgery - I agree personally. I promise you that if I develop that neck waddle thing (and that's a distinct possibility genetically), I'm getting that tucked away!

Old 08-24-2016, 01:17 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,988,079 times
I'm 32 and male and have already been seeing changes over the past several years. My abdomen area just isn't as firm as it used to be. There's a mild "ring" of bulge around my waist area now. My feet in general don't look as attractive and young as they used to look. They now appear more weathered, tired and a little more rough, wrinkled and dry on the bottom. I now have quite a few gray hairs on the sides of my head, including on my beard area. My face in general appears a little more weathered and tired, as well as the eyes. My leg hair doesn't look as young and silky as it used to. It now appears a bit more dry and coarse. My hands look slightly more aged. Overall, my legs, arms and body in general is not as firm/tight as it used to be when I was under 30. It's more "mushy" and soft and lacks the same level of fine tone that it used to have.

To add to that, over the past three years, I have developed chronic lower back pain, sciatic pain and related symptoms. In general, I have less energy and am tired more often. I also get a variety of other small problems, such as chalazions on my eyes sometimes and a few other minor skin problems. Oh, and over the past few years I have increasingly developed small spider veins near my ankles. I also occasionally get mild arthritis-like symptoms in my thumbs, knees and pelvic area.

My sex drive is still strong, but it has noticeably declined over the past few years. It just ain't the same as it used to be.

It really is true, after 28, it's all downhill.

So yeah, getting old sucks.

Last edited by nep321; 08-24-2016 at 01:25 PM..

Old 08-26-2016, 05:13 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,379,122 times
1) I don't like the idea of developing frown lines. I'd rather develop "smile lines" but I'm not sure that's an option.

2) Having to get dentures someday, possibly... although, the teeth would look pearly and perfect. I wouldn't want to be seen without them!

3) Thinning hair. Hope that I don't ever have to deal with bald patches. I guess I'd get some funky hats if that happened.

Old 08-28-2016, 05:06 PM

1,230 posts, read 1,005,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa2011 View Post
1) I don't like the idea of developing frown lines. I'd rather develop "smile lines" but I'm not sure that's an option.

2) Having to get dentures someday, possibly... although, the teeth would look pearly and perfect. I wouldn't want to be seen without them!

3) Thinning hair. Hope that I don't ever have to deal with bald patches. I guess I'd get some funky hats if that happened.
I have seen teens and people in their 20's with frowns lines and thin hair. Yet I have seen some people in their 40's with more thick fluffy hair than some 20's olds.

I think some of this is genetics and environmental factors that also play apart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty