Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 04:41 PM

859 posts, read 3,322,182 times

Advertisements

Okay ladies...

I need some feedback.

How many of you wear bikinis? How do you find the confidence?

Here is my dilemma. I am turning 24 soon and have NEVER worn a bikini.

I have worn a TANK-ini. But not the real deal. I REALLY feel like I need to wear one this year b/c I am not getting any younger and will regret it when I am 50 if I don't wear sexy bathing suits now.

I have NO PROBLEM wearing short skirts or cleavage bearing tops to a bar. But for some reason, I can't get myself into a bikini. I feel like in clothes, I am very good at buying items that show off what I got and hide what I don't got or don't want anyone to see. I feel like a bikini is just so out there, no place to hide! LOL.

My breakdown I am "curvy"...Not ashamed to say size 8 in clothes...nice legs, a little stomach pudge, a booty and really large boobs (always ANOTHER hard part of finding a bathing suit).

I know I am not a stick...never will be and don't really even want to be...and sometimes at the beach I see women 250++++ pounds with cellulite (which thankfully I don't have yet) strutting their stuff! I really envy their confidence! But I just can't make myself do it. I am afraid b/c I am just a little curvy and not huge, people will COMPARE me to the model like girls and think I look huge in comparison.

I know it sounds stupid lol.

Anyway, I am going to the gym a lot and really wanna make myself do this this year.

Please share your bikini tales.

Last edited by LittleMissSunshine; 02-03-2008 at 04:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2008, 05:23 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,095,135 times
OH not me. My stomach would have to get quite a bit flatter before I had the nerve.

Old 02-04-2008, 01:00 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,607,550 times
Sunshine, I'm 36 and two kids, I still wear a bikini. I'll wear one until I start getting dirty disgusted looks or those "oh my god " looks!! LOL

Go for it sweetie, I've seen your pic, your a hottie

Old 02-04-2008, 01:08 PM

2,238 posts, read 9,756,657 times
I'm 45, and I can still wear one with no problems. Then again, I do run every day and have always stayed in shape, so it's just a matter of what you're comfortable with, I guess. I figure I'm good to wear one as long as men my son's age keep hitting on me.

Old 02-04-2008, 03:35 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,954,864 times
Just do it
Women are critical of themselves no matter what. If you wait until you think you'll look perfect in a bikini you'll never end up wearing one.
I'm like RoaminRed - I can wear one with no problems. I'm 40, run everyday as well, in general I'm a very tiny person. But I still look in the mirror sometimes and pick myself apart.
You complain about your large boobs, I wish I HAD boobs

Old 02-04-2008, 03:38 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times
Just do it. You would be surprised what men like. In front of thier friends they will ooogle and point at that perfect 10 but when they go home in thier own private thoughts, that flat stomach flat chest would never get a second look from the average man.

If we all were perfect then there would be nothing to look at.

Old 02-04-2008, 03:45 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,607,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissSunshine View Post

Please share your bikini tales.
Here's a cute bikini tale for ya Sunshine, I cut and paste this from another thread, the "embarrasing moments" one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb68 View Post

For my honeymoon I bought a thong bikini to wear. This bikini was so cool ~ it was also suede and wasn't suppose to get wet ~ anyway ~ now wearing a thong out in public is something I would not do in the states here, but I figured my honeymoon, on an island, I will just this one time.

Anyway, my husband and I had just finished up laying out for a few hours by the pool and decided to go back to our room. He went to go return the towels and I decided to "strut" myself across the pool area to go check out the gazebo. On my way I tripped on the edged part of the sidewalk/lawn (you know the area between the grass and sidewalk) and fell right on my hands and knees with my half naked a$$ sticking straight up in the air, my knees were all bruised and bloody. A couple guys ran over to help me up. I was never so damn humiliated in my life.

Old 02-04-2008, 03:46 PM

267 posts, read 1,835,954 times
You could wrap a sarong or wear some cute shorts with the bikini until you get use to it. But I can understand where you are coming from. I'm not big but it took me a long time to get use to wearing a bikini. In fact last summer when I was nine months pregnant I was out at the pool in a bikini! Yes, I looked and felt like a beached whale but still felt somewhat sexy. So go ahead girl and shake what your momma gave you

Old 02-04-2008, 04:36 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
I'm 43 and I wear a bikini. Used to wear a thong in public, but I've since decided not to scare everyone!

If you want to wear a bikini - just do it!

Old 02-04-2008, 05:23 PM

859 posts, read 3,322,182 times
Aww you ladies are sweet!

I think I am definately gonna buy one this spring and hope for the best.

I was definately thinking about wearing the top first with shorts to ease into it...I think someone suggested that. It just may work lol.

I definately am harder on myself then other people, I have so many friends who weigh a lot more than me but i think they look fine in their swim suit. I think I just beat myself up sometimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty