Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 10:22 PM

800 posts, read 4,297,041 times

Advertisements

I say go for it!

I'm 36 and I finally bought a real one. I'm in the best physical shape of my life and often get mistaken for 10 years younger. I'm going to debut mine this summer and then, this fall in Kona, Hawaii
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2008, 10:43 PM

730 posts, read 2,253,634 times
I think whoever came up with the swimsuit should be shot.

Old 04-03-2008, 02:41 AM

1 posts, read 2,865 times
Smile go for it

I think that there is no problem to wear a bikini at any age. go for it!

Old 04-03-2008, 05:18 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,529,716 times
I'm 32 and I still wear one. I workout 5 days a week (avid jogging, Pilates, long walks, light weight training). But I have quit wearing thong bikinis when I was 28 (not a size 5 anymore, I'll tell you that much), but I can still hold my own (a nice, decent size 8 now). I like bikinis.

But there are times I will wear a tankini if I'm on the "time of the month" thing, had a little too much to eat, and/or there's not much sun out.

Old 04-03-2008, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEM1226 View Post
I think whoever came up with the swimsuit should be shot.
No, you just never found the right bikini type to suit you. There's many different types-designs of bikinis to fit everyone, really. They are great. You don't get a huge tanline down the middle of your center, like in a one-piece.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:28 AM

238 posts, read 823,681 times
Size 8 is curvy?? Skinnier than average, I wouldn't call that curvy for sure.
I don't wear a bikini. I'm the same age but my bikini days are over.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:58 AM

27,337 posts, read 27,387,014 times
You know, some of us, just because we hit 40 doesnt always have to mean we're doomed. Heck Im 50 and STILL wear bikinis. Dont have a lot to fill in 'upstairs' but thats what padding is for, lol. Some people just can. I have a smaller frame with a slight atheletic build, so its really not a problem. No overhang, no 'spare tire', and it might be a little weird for someone to try wearing one if they had all that, but again, some people can do it, some choose not to, but theres nothing wrong with that.

Old 04-24-2008, 02:47 PM

I still wear bikinis, but I wear the Bandeau top type of bikinis nowadays. Since I don't have the same body I had when I was 19-24 years old, I like the Bandeau bikini types. They are very nice.

But I still workout (jogging 4 times a week, Pilates 3 times a week, light weight training 2-3 times a week, and walks everyday in the evenings). That helps me to keep the confindence to wear one (I'm a size 8-9), but I'm happy with my size.

Old 04-24-2008, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernjewishgal View Post
Size 8 is curvy?? Skinnier than average, I wouldn't call that curvy for sure.
I don't wear a bikini. I'm the same age but my bikini days are over.
I'm a size 8 and I'm curvy. People in my town, who know me, can tell you. It's definitely not skinny, that's for sure, babe.

Old 04-26-2008, 08:20 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,431,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
Sunshine, I'm 36 and two kids, I still wear a bikini. I'll wear one until I start getting dirty disgusted looks or those "oh my god " looks!! LOL

Go for it sweetie, I've seen your pic, your a hottie

LOL...MLV said it right, and I agree with her 100 %!!!
Actually, the beach is a "self confidence booster" in many ways.
It's natural, that you "people watch", and compare yourself with other girls....and that's ok.
I go to the beach not to "flaunt", but to relax, catch the rays....have some fun.
I am going there with this "I don't give a "hoot" attitude so to speak....LOL.
(There are choices like: "If you don't like what you see.....look the other way").
Let me tell you that at the beach, you will encounter and see girls younger then you....but, with obvious visible "flaws".....making YOU feel good!

Advice to you as well.....buy bikini's which are the mix and match type, since you are larger on top.
You will find some really cute styles at places like "Venus Swimwear" or "Victoria's Secret" and "Newport News".

Next....if you are unsure, and self conscience about "exposing to much".....go with more coverage instead. (They have some great styles now, with "sports bra tops", covering well.)
Also, I still use "cover ups" at the beach for a number or reasons. (If I am getting cold, get a sunburn....or have a "wardrobe malfunction".....LOL. )

Who cares what other people think...go out there, live life, have fun......Life's to short to worry!

Have a BLAST!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty