Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 06:10 PM

305 posts, read 1,611,398 times

Advertisements

Try to find a "sporty" bikini, one that has a bit higher of a waist line to hide that "muffin top" that we all hate that we have. For the top, try to find more full coverage, even something like a sports bra. Once you're used to that, you'll feel more confident in something a bit smaller. Oh, and remember, that black is more slimming that bright, bold prints across your butt. :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2008, 10:46 AM

2,238 posts, read 9,764,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
that flat stomach flat chest would never get a second look from the average man.
Hate to burst your bubble, but you're describing me there and I have to beat them off with a stick. If I were inclined to date younger men, I could totally be the most successful cougar ever, with all the 20-somethings trying to get with me.

My problem is that I don't want to date someone 20 years younger than I am, I just want that one really nice hot sexy guy within about 10 years of my age...and the trouble with them is they're all going after the 20-something women.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:42 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,966,224 times
I thought flat chest was in! Okay, maybe not really, but I like to tell myself that.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:45 AM

170 posts, read 477,845 times
I say wear the damn bikini! Why you ask? Because us men need more eye candy at the beach!

Old 02-05-2008, 12:03 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,361,140 times
I will be 49 this month. I wear a tankini but I did wear bikinis when I was in my 20's.
Go for it and don't even worry about what others say, if anything. People that criticize are jealous and don't have the balls to do it themselves.

Old 02-08-2008, 07:56 AM

3,982 posts, read 10,473,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissSunshine View Post
Okay ladies...

I need some feedback.

How many of you wear bikinis? How do you find the confidence?

Here is my dilemma. I am turning 24 soon and have NEVER worn a bikini.

I have worn a TANK-ini. But not the real deal. I REALLY feel like I need to wear one this year b/c I am not getting any younger and will regret it when I am 50 if I don't wear sexy bathing suits now.

I have NO PROBLEM wearing short skirts or cleavage bearing tops to a bar. But for some reason, I can't get myself into a bikini. I feel like in clothes, I am very good at buying items that show off what I got and hide what I don't got or don't want anyone to see. I feel like a bikini is just so out there, no place to hide! LOL.

My breakdown I am "curvy"...Not ashamed to say size 8 in clothes...nice legs, a little stomach pudge, a booty and really large boobs (always ANOTHER hard part of finding a bathing suit).

I know I am not a stick...never will be and don't really even want to be...and sometimes at the beach I see women 250++++ pounds with cellulite (which thankfully I don't have yet) strutting their stuff! I really envy their confidence! But I just can't make myself do it. I am afraid b/c I am just a little curvy and not huge, people will COMPARE me to the model like girls and think I look huge in comparison.

I know it sounds stupid lol.

Anyway, I am going to the gym a lot and really wanna make myself do this this year.

Please share your bikini tales.

ummm, slobber slobber, did it ever occur to you, drooooooooool, that we might like that type of body shape? pant pant!

Old 02-08-2008, 09:51 AM

40 posts, read 273,202 times
Oh girl , just do it! Wear one and be confident. To me, in my opinion, a woman or person who is and looks confident is what is attractive to me. So please dont beat yourself up!

Old 02-08-2008, 10:12 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,130,007 times
I say go for it too. I'm secretly hoping that I will find the nerve to wear one by the off chance I actually get to go to Cancun this spring.

Old 03-31-2008, 08:14 PM

5,404 posts, read 16,015,514 times
Shoot-I'm 53 and wear a bikini! I've never been large, but I do lots of crunches to keep that tummy in shape! (2 kids--you know what happens!) When I'm in the sun, I want as much sun coverage as possible!
Wear one!

Old 03-31-2008, 09:01 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,516,341 times
I say go for the bikini - get a high waisted one with a sexy v in the front. And being confident is the main thing - have you ever seen a not very pretty or dumpy girl get a lot of attention? That is because she has that aura of confidence and a devil may care attitude - that is what is really sexy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty