Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 08:33 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,863,190 times

Advertisements

What do you think of this? Was she wearing appropriate attire?

Personally I wish more women her age would do the same thing.

Missouri Water Park Boots Bikini-Wearing Mom - ABC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2013, 09:31 AM

15,143 posts, read 27,781,251 times
Well, if she'd bought one that actually FIT her, it might have been a different story.

Old 07-06-2013, 09:37 AM

2,569 posts, read 7,742,991 times
I don't know, I think she has a point. It's not like she was wearing a thong and I don't think they'd have said something to a 20 year old in the same exact suit with the same exact fit.

Old 07-06-2013, 09:41 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,391,972 times
I don't see anything wrong with it. It's just a body and we all have one. I think Americans are too prudish and hung up on things.

Old 07-06-2013, 09:46 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,347,049 times
She is to be commended for losing over 100 pounds. If I had done that, I would wear that bathing suit, also. Except, it would not be at a family water park. She seems to equate herself with the 14, 15, and 16 year old girls. She needs to apply the same common sense that it took to lose the weight to her apparel and appropriate places. She is not a young teen, there are many more age-appropriate bathing suits for the water park (and I don't mean matronly and old lady swim suits), and she is coming out of that top. Save that for the beach. I am sure that she was probably embarrassed when asked to cover up or leave, but she just should have known better. I bet her daughter already had said that to her.

Old 07-06-2013, 10:03 AM

4,587 posts, read 4,215,635 times
I think the bottom was okay but she needed a top with more coverage for the activities of a waterpark. I bet she had to constantly adjust herself because she was falling out of it just standing still. No way her "girls" were staying put if she was jumping/spashing around or doing the waterslide.

Old 07-06-2013, 10:05 AM

563 posts, read 1,270,215 times
There is absolutely nothing wrong with the way she looks in that bikini. MUCH more modest than most people go around wearing at places like that. To have someone her age be comfortable in their own bodies enough and have the confidence to put on what I would call a perfectly acceptable, modest 2-pc bikini is not only refreshing but should be encouraged, but I guess it's more important to let "kids be kids" and dress inappropriate and let them get away with it than it is to expect haters to leave a fully grown, confident adult woman alone and wear something that compliments her body while remaining, in my opinion, very modest.

Old 07-06-2013, 10:13 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,132,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeisureMan View Post
There is absolutely nothing wrong with the way she looks in that bikini. MUCH more modest than most people go around wearing at places like that. To have someone her age be comfortable in their own bodies enough and have the confidence to put on what I would call a perfectly acceptable, modest 2-pc bikini is not only refreshing but should be encouraged, but I guess it's more important to let "kids be kids" and dress inappropriate and let them get away with it than it is to expect haters to leave a fully grown, confident adult woman alone and wear something that compliments her body while remaining, in my opinion, very modest.
She looked fine to me. The purpose of a water park is to get wet and enjoy the rides. Who cares what you are wearing as long as it is not a physical hazard? Good grief. She looked fine. I think that probably somebody was quite jealous that she had bigger hooters. LOL

20yrsinBranson

Old 07-06-2013, 10:29 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,826,851 times
I always give credit to women regardless of size who feel comfortable wearing a bikini. I do wonder how her daughter felt because when it is your mom dressing a certain way that is a different story. Maybe her child is fine with it but maybe she is embarrassed not by her moms size even but just how little the suit covers.

Old 07-06-2013, 11:30 AM

2,612 posts, read 5,585,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
What do you think of this? Was she wearing appropriate attire?

Personally I wish more women her age would do the same thing.

Missouri Water Park Boots Bikini-Wearing Mom - ABC News
The bottoms look fine to me. I don't see the problem, unless something had ridden up somewhere and didn't look like the photo. The top is a little too revealing for good taste, IMHO, but not enough to get someone kicked out of a place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty