Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 06:50 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,905,476 times

Advertisements

I love tankinis and have not worn a bikini since I was 22 yrs old, just b/c tankinis are so comfortable to me. I am a size 2 on a bloated day, so its not a body issue.

I discovered Vitamin A and Vix, 2 lines of high quality swimsuits I love and bought a few tankinis, they fit like a dream. I decided to get a little crazy and ordered a bikini as well.

It came, I tried it on, it fit perfectly (you get what you pay for). My husband, who had never seen me in a bikini, literally attacked me within 1 minute. I think I'm a new convert to bikinis
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2008, 12:59 PM

77 posts, read 283,128 times
I am a very curvy womam. Over the last few years I have lost about 65lbs and now weigh about 190 and I wear a bikini. Was just at the waterpark and there are definitely girls who looked better than me and girls who looked worse but everybody was just having fun. I am almost 40 and just have the attitude if you don't like the way I look than don't look. Also buy bikinis where you can buy the top and bottoms separately I really like Newport News or Metrostyle for online shopping and have bought most of my bikinis there. Also Victorias Secrets has very cute bikinis.

Old 06-14-2008, 09:59 PM

12 posts, read 69,359 times
I am 28, and wore a bikini for the first time last year. I'm in decent shape (4-6), but am also pretty flat chested and carry weight in my thighs so they are always jiggly no matter what (my booty is pretty decent though, so I'm told!). But wearing the bikini felt great...it was so liberating to just do it. I tried on a lot of styles and brands. I had my best luck at dept stores that sell quality suits, and sell tops and bottoms separately so you can pick what fits your body. And like riserfilly said, some people look better, some look worse. Just be comfortable wth yourself. I usually have a coverup available, don't play volleyball in a bikini (WAY too many jiggles), and just relax - you can't beat water and the sunshine!

Old 06-15-2008, 12:01 AM

1,055 posts, read 4,460,021 times
You obviously want to wear a bikini for your own personal reasons, so who cares what anyone else says?

I don't have the best body (or the worst) but I wear a bikini whenever I go to the beach (twice a week or more) and I love the feeling I get when I wear one. I feel young (okay I am 23, so I am still young!) and fun and summery.

Soooo go out there and remember that you are hot (everyone is really...) and remember to wear some sunscreen on your stomach and back!

Old 06-18-2008, 02:22 PM

53 posts, read 197,736 times
Do it. I'm 25, but I have a 5 year old son and let me tell you...pregnancy was NOT kind to my body. I look back at my "fat" 19 year old self and want to slap her. If I'd known that after having a child I'd look like a burn victim I most definitely would have flaunted my ahem, assets a little more.

That said, I can't tell if you really want to wear one and are just afraid of what others will say/think, or if you want to wear one b/c you think you should (does that make sense?). You can be just as sexy in a one piece as you can in an itty bitty bikini and there are MANY people who do their bodies a disservice by wearing a two piece just b/c they "can." Just find something that flatters your body and that you feel good in!

Old 06-18-2008, 04:14 PM

2,214 posts, read 5,580,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissSunshine View Post
Okay ladies...

I need some feedback.

How many of you wear bikinis? How do you find the confidence?

Here is my dilemma. I am turning 24 soon and have NEVER worn a bikini.

I have worn a TANK-ini. But not the real deal. I REALLY feel like I need to wear one this year b/c I am not getting any younger and will regret it when I am 50 if I don't wear sexy bathing suits now.

I have NO PROBLEM wearing short skirts or cleavage bearing tops to a bar. But for some reason, I can't get myself into a bikini. I feel like in clothes, I am very good at buying items that show off what I got and hide what I don't got or don't want anyone to see. I feel like a bikini is just so out there, no place to hide! LOL.

My breakdown I am "curvy"...Not ashamed to say size 8 in clothes...nice legs, a little stomach pudge, a booty and really large boobs (always ANOTHER hard part of finding a bathing suit).

I know I am not a stick...never will be and don't really even want to be...and sometimes at the beach I see women 250++++ pounds with cellulite (which thankfully I don't have yet) strutting their stuff! I really envy their confidence! But I just can't make myself do it. I am afraid b/c I am just a little curvy and not huge, people will COMPARE me to the model like girls and think I look huge in comparison.

I know it sounds stupid lol.

Anyway, I am going to the gym a lot and really wanna make myself do this this year.

Please share your bikini tales.
I used to enjoy wearing a bikini like this one: Our World Famous Sweet Cheeks Halter Bikini - Redesigned for 2008! (http://www.pinupgirlclothing.com/halter-bikini-sweet-cheeks.html - broken link)

After my 2nd child, I have some loose skin under my belly button that make me a little self concious wearing it anywhere but home. Now, when I want to wear a two-piece, I wear one like this:
http://www.mybabyjo.com/clothes/bath2red.htm (broken link)

Or more often, I enjoy this swimsuit-an Esther Williams vintage sheath-style suit that is really flattering and sexy:
http://www.mybabyjo.com/clothes/retrodotswim.htm (broken link)

Old 06-19-2008, 01:50 PM

1 posts, read 2,819 times
Default http://www.mybikinis.info - Bikini Dare and hilary duff bikini

All about bikinis

Bikinis, bikini models, bikini girls, bikini shop, swimwear, swimsuit, sexy bikinis, peekaboo bikinis, string bikinis, thongs, mini bikinis, micro bikinis, minimicro bikinis, bikini pictures, bikini dare, [URL="http://www.nichebot.com/v2/wt/?term=hilary%20duff%20bikini&wt_case=case_folded&w t_adult=off"]hilary duff bikini[/URL], [URL="http://www.nichebot.com/v2/wt/?term=bikini%20contest&wt_case=case_folded&wt_adul t=off"]bikini contest[/URL] ...

[url=http://www.mybikinis.info]www.mybikinis.info - The best bikini website | Bikini girls | Bikini models | Bikini pictures | Bikini Links | Bikini info | Bikini Shops | New bikinis every day![/url]

Old 05-11-2009, 04:41 PM

458 posts, read 1,356,126 times
I wear one, I did not always as at first it made me feel like I was walking around in my bra and panties, to ease into it I wore a sarong, that helped. Now I run around playing beach volleyball and have no care or worries. You will be ok, just go for it!

Old 05-12-2009, 02:25 AM

3 posts, read 9,852 times
I love seeing girls in Black bikinis and also in light colored bikinis.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:21 AM

496 posts, read 1,251,706 times
i don't run, i don't exercise and i eat all the carbs i can . i am a size 0, 5'4'' and have plenty of cellulite to go around. and i never wear anything BUT bikini. you asked how. easy, put the top on first, then put the bottom. if you were to wait for everyone to think you look great in a bikini you'll never wear one. i don't have a great body. no muscles and my legs are very skinny (per others' opinions). to me, i look good. no take that back...i look hot. i spend all my teenage years and early twenties trying to gain weight so i can have a great body. i finally realized it wasn't going to happen. so i started liking me for what i have. so bikini it is. and i mean mini bikini
so, if i were a size 10, well, i would probably wear a...bikini. if i were a size 14, i'd probably wear a...bikini
get my point. wear whatever you like. beauty comes from confidence.
let us know how your first outing to the beach/pool in a bikini went. i bet it is awesome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty