Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2018, 04:10 AM

5,455 posts, read 4,062,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middletwin View Post
The premature baby look of dudes with bald shiny heads is replaced with man buns, that's a good thing. And the business of removing tatoos is thriving, which may or may not be a good thing, because how're they going to remember stuff when they get Alzheimer's, years later because the tat got removed? The worse thing a gal can do to ruin her look is schlep a mammoth bag when she's not a sex worker. But if thats the look she's going for, I won't judge. And that's all I have to say about that. - Forest G.
Lol, sex worker, never thought of that! To me, huge purse makes you look like an old lady. I have a small cross body bag.

Old 09-15-2018, 09:51 AM

18,532 posts, read 18,772,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
Lol, sex worker, never thought of that! To me, huge purse makes you look like an old lady. I have a small cross body bag.
big bags are fashionable here just now.. not old granny ones though but I know what you mean hahaha. laughing away at the sex worker quote............now what the hell goes in their bags.. ...oh dont bother to answer hahahaah.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2018, 11:14 AM

35 posts, read 24,071 times
Speaking of big bags, I can't stand the huge, garish "designer" ones festooned with all manner of bling, patterns and logos, with non-functional buckles and tassels, etc., hanging off them. Hideous...and yet these were/are all the rage and many quite expensive. Give me a plain tasteful shoulder or cross-body bag any day, and generally the smaller, the better.

Old 09-15-2018, 01:44 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,009,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I live in Phoenix so I'm familiar with a warm climate. I wear tanks under low cut dresses all the time.
OK, you do you. Here in Texas, I'm not wearing two shirts when it's hot.

Old 09-15-2018, 01:46 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,009,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Those silly bell shaped sleeves or balloon sleeves, they suit no one.. then the slack sort of ladies tops with frills round the bottom.. looks like an elephant in the circus.. and acrylic nails .........dont start me.. the most tacky fashion ever..Big hoop earrings that seem popular just now and rows of cheap looking bangles. horrible. Less is more.
Oh come on, you spoil sport - you don't like gypsy fashion?

Old 09-15-2018, 02:02 PM

16,426 posts, read 12,529,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I live in Phoenix so I'm familiar with a warm climate. I wear tanks under low cut dresses all the time.
Hell, I was in Phoenix in May when the temps were already topping over 100, and I was surprised to see how many local colleagues were wearing pullover sweaters. But then I realized they spend 90% of their day in cold air conditioning.

Old 09-15-2018, 05:29 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,353,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Hell, I was in Phoenix in May when the temps were already topping over 100, and I was surprised to see how many local colleagues were wearing pullover sweaters. But then I realized they spend 90% of their day in cold air conditioning.
The fashion industry largely has a cold climate bias, since much of it is based in cities such as New York or Paris. I know some higher end brands will typically produce resort/cruise collections, but those aren't typically released until late fall, well after much of the spring collections from earlier in the year are no longer available in most stores. We just have to go with what they give us.

Old 09-15-2018, 10:00 PM

371 posts, read 366,615 times
Kind of over yoga pants. Been wearing them for 10 years now and I finally got bored with them. I like to look different or nice when I go out now.

Old 09-16-2018, 06:38 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,411,735 times
But big purses are supposed to make your butt look smaller

I really dislike the tops with the cutouts in them. They just look silly too me especially on older women.

I cannot believe what women pay for ripped jeans. I posted this on FB a few years ago lol.
"My designer jeans paid for by hard work"

My NY family didn't find it amusing, lol.

Yoga pants....really really hate those unless you are home or at the gym.

Old 09-16-2018, 06:57 AM

88,636 posts, read 84,911,862 times
I don't like shirts with hardware/studs on them, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty