Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about turtlenecks?
The only way I could ever wear one is if I was sedated 33 52.38%
I live to wear turtlenecks. The tighter the better. 13 20.63%
I only wear the fake ones cause my kneck is too short. 7 11.11%
Why re you asking me this? You know I dont wear clothes. 10 15.87%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 07:51 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,684,516 times

Advertisements

I love the mock turtlenecks, favorite shirts ever! Only like the full ones when they're Casmiere (sp?) or silk, otherwise feel like choking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2007, 09:10 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,333,123 times
I loooove turtlenecks and have them in all colors, all in cotton. I especially love a black ribbed one, I wear it with jeans and with my hair pulled back. Love it, even in Texas!

Old 01-01-2008, 10:22 AM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,524 posts, read 6,335,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLady1 View Post
Yeah, my kids would agree! I've even told my oldest grandson, who is now taller than me, (and I'm 5'8"), that it doesn't matter how tall he gets, I'll always be meaner! My 21 year-old son has already tried to counsel him on how to deal with women in general, and me in particular. My best friend told me that when we first met, over 12 years ago, she was kind of leery of me. I'm not exactly sure what that says about me, but it appears that I have some sort of reputation which proceeds me. But, just to show you that I'm not all bad...don't give those turtlenecks and sheets anymore thought. Sleep well.
You have a reputation? Should I be nervous? J/K
I have a reputation around here too. Its not good. ;p

Speaking of reps. I remember one time my Gram who was 4'9 and 80 pounds was on a ladder painting. My uncle who as 6'6 and home from the Marines sassed her. She smacked him right in the mouth with her paint brush,

Old 01-01-2008, 06:16 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,044,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecilia_Rose View Post
Sorry. My first poll. Im having technical difficulties. Please stand by.

Anyway. I posted on another thread about getting one as a present and it made me wonder who wears these articles of torture .

I have managed to wear them when I was young and stupid and would suffer for fashion. I cant believe I wore a turtleneck bodysuit with hip hugger bell bottoms. What was I thinking. Now that Im older just the thought makes me twitchy.
I have a theory that they were foisted upon women by a designer that secretly hated us! Thats the only thing I could come up with..... I despise them!
And have you ever seen a gal wearing one with a necklace that would not come all the way out, the charm or whatever would be pulled out of the front and just floating there? Helllllooooooo.......get a mirror!

Old 01-02-2008, 02:23 PM

41,995 posts, read 75,304,387 times
I'd freeze my arse off without them. An essential piece of wardrobe from November through March.

Old 01-02-2008, 02:26 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,144,650 times
I think they look great on a girl with a giraffe neck.....other then that.....they belong on a turtle.

Old 01-02-2008, 02:48 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,532,704 times
I don't like turtlenecks. I honestly, really, don't like anything around my neck much (with the exception of a medium to long length necklace, a loose collar, or the hood of my jacket or coat).

Old 01-03-2008, 12:16 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,182,022 times
I'm wearing a turtleneck right now. I love my turtle neck sweaters - they're very comfy. I don't like the ones that are too restricting, though. I don't mind the fabric on my neck, I just want to be able to breathe.

As I said, I'm wearing one right now and it's the most comfortable thing I could wear right now. Our building is right on the ocean ((I could go fishing during lunch hour)) so we get the really cold air.

Old 01-03-2008, 01:00 PM

29 posts, read 178,327 times
I can't stand turtlenecks.

I find them so suffocating =/

It's like when you're trying to get a top off, and it gets stuck on your head for a minute or so, and you panic....... that's what wearing turtlenecks are like for me.

Evil things...

Old 01-03-2008, 01:04 PM

53 posts, read 90,885 times
if it's really cold out then I like the extra coverage but in general I prefer to feel a little more free and comfy with whatever I'm wearing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty