Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What's your opinion of guys wearing jeans and flip-flops/sandals?
It's perfectly fine 40 57.14%
Guys should only wear flip-flops/sandals with shorts 11 15.71%
Guys shouldn't wear flip-flops/sandals at all 19 27.14%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 12:18 AM

72 posts, read 231,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyman45 View Post
What is your age range? I've asked a number of women (under 35) what they prefer that guys wear with shorts and almost all of them said flip flops but NEVER sandals. I'm not sure that makes much sense. Aren't flip flops a certain type of sandal?
If anything, I've heard a lot of men and women say that they think flip-flops look much better than sandals (as in sandals with straps) on guys. I tend to agree, as the only type of sandals I wear are flip-flops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2014, 06:26 AM

698 posts, read 960,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyman45 View Post
Aren't flip flops a certain type of sandal?
Oh no, flip flops are completely different than sandals

The young crowd seems to prefer flip flops

Old 02-01-2014, 06:47 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTGal View Post

I am a sandals dude. I will never give up wearing sandals in summer. If you hate me because of this, then so be it. Do you expect me to wear shoes and socks when its 90 and humid for weeks on end in southern NJ. When I go hiking in new England or Upstate NY, then I wear shoes. Else, I want my feet to stay fresh and not smell rotten.

Old 02-01-2014, 07:08 AM

43,669 posts, read 44,406,521 times
Wearing jeans with sandals is common for guys living warm places. Flip flops to me are very casual and not comfortable for walking around outdoors in general.

Old 02-01-2014, 07:36 AM

6,981 posts, read 10,951,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I am a sandals dude. I will never give up wearing sandals in summer. If you hate me because of this, then so be it. Do you expect me to wear shoes and socks when its 90 and humid for weeks on end in southern NJ. When I go hiking in new England or Upstate NY, then I wear shoes. Else, I want my feet to stay fresh and not smell rotten.
I very much prefer sandals over flip flops. Flip flops offer no support and are very uncomfortable to walk in for any distance. I wear them to the beach, to walk the short distance from the parking lot to the sand. Nothing more.

I still prefer sneakers over sandals, even in the summer. But I do like sandals, and I have no problem wearing them with shorts.

Old 02-01-2014, 10:14 AM

65 posts, read 133,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volxen View Post
If anything, I've heard a lot of men and women say that they think flip-flops look much better than sandals (as in sandals with straps) on guys. I tend to agree, as the only type of sandals I wear are flip-flops.
Yeah that seems to be the case. I figured they would be less popular since they expose the foot more. I've been told that flip flops look better than sneakers as well.

Old 02-01-2014, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTGal View Post

Completely different? I'm not sure about that. Both are open shoes. Flip flops are much closer to sandals than they are sneakers. They aren't much different than slides.

Old 02-01-2014, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volxen View Post
Nothing beats sandals/flip-flops (without socks of course) when it's hot outside. Why would you want to wear any type of sneakers (unless your exercising or doing some sort of physical activity) if the temperature is triple digits?
Does it need to be in triple digits?At what temperature would you say is warm enough to wear flip flops?

Old 02-01-2014, 11:30 AM

2,511 posts, read 2,818,693 times
120 degrees

Old 02-01-2014, 11:51 AM

4,005 posts, read 4,106,650 times
If you don't care what you look like, then you won't have any questions about attractiveness to some women. It is MY opinion that flip-flops are sloppy and sandals are ugly. So I will not find a man wearing them attractive. It's okay if we have different opinions.

And those other things . . . What are they called? . . . The plastic shoes with holes in the front and a strap that few people use in the back. Good grief! I can't believe anyone would spend money on those.

To the member whose husband only wears tennis shoes:
Does he have a single brother in Michigan? LOL
My exSO was the same - only wore SHOES on his feet. A move I always appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty