Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What's your opinion of guys wearing jeans and flip-flops/sandals?
It's perfectly fine 40 57.14%
Guys should only wear flip-flops/sandals with shorts 11 15.71%
Guys shouldn't wear flip-flops/sandals at all 19 27.14%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 08:08 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,221,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
I don't care to see men with sandals, because they are just ugly (the sandals and men's feet).
And I HATE sweaty stuffy feet when its warm out. Why cant men dress for comfort just like women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2014, 08:10 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,228,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
And I HATE sweaty stuffy feet when its warm out. Why cant men dress for comfort just like women.
We can and do!

Old 01-31-2014, 08:24 PM

698 posts, read 961,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
And what is up with wearing socks with sandals?
I don't care for flip flops personally, too uncomfortable and I especially dislike the look of men in sandals paired with socks, gag me, just awful

Old 01-31-2014, 08:31 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,286,187 times
My husband will only wear real shoes no matter what the weather and I am grateful.
I think he should wear sandals but he won't do that but those other things........blech, I dislike those very much for anyone and everyone.
Simply my opinion and nothing wrong with them if you like them I just don't.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:04 PM

65 posts, read 133,993 times
Good questionSeems that more and more guys are wearing flip flops. Flip flops with shorts are good but I couldn't wear flip flops with jeans. It just doesn't feel right for some reason.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:06 PM

65 posts, read 133,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
My husband will only wear real shoes no matter what the weather and I am grateful.
I think he should wear sandals but he won't do that but those other things........blech, I dislike those very much for anyone and everyone.
Simply my opinion and nothing wrong with them if you like them I just don't.
What is your age range? I've asked a number of women (under 35) what they prefer that guys wear with shorts and almost all of them said flip flops but NEVER sandals. I'm not sure that makes much sense. Aren't flip flops a certain type of sandal?

Old 01-31-2014, 09:21 PM

1,428 posts, read 1,408,437 times
My son's father was opposed to sandals on men and dressing our son in them. He said they looked "Bama", whatever that means. He would always want to dress him in socks and tennis shoes in the summer.
I'm from New Orleans and my son and I lived there for 4 years, and when that humidity rose in the summer you can bet I put sandals on him.
Nobody got time for sweaty feet.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:24 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,221,780 times
Plus tying your shoe laces and putting on socks only to cause discomfort in the form of sweaty feet is just stupid.

Old 01-31-2014, 11:59 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,958,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Plus tying your shoe laces and putting on socks only to cause discomfort in the form of sweaty feet is just stupid.
You could wear mesh sneakers that are well ventilated to reduce sweating.

Socks are a necessity to absorb perspiration if you're not wearing open-air shoes. Even those will sometimes stink because the sweat soaks into the leather. Even in hot weather, I don't have a problem with stinky shoes or feet if I wear socks.

Old 02-01-2014, 12:15 AM

72 posts, read 231,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
You could wear mesh sneakers that are well ventilated to reduce sweating.

Socks are a necessity to absorb perspiration if you're not wearing open-air shoes. Even those will sometimes stink because the sweat soaks into the leather. Even in hot weather, I don't have a problem with stinky shoes or feet if I wear socks.
Nothing beats sandals/flip-flops (without socks of course) when it's hot outside. Why would you want to wear any type of sneakers (unless your exercising or doing some sort of physical activity) if the temperature is triple digits?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty