Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2013, 08:16 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,911,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
That's like saying women are "brainwashed" to like taller men. No it's a natural preference
No, I have never preferred taller men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2013, 08:43 PM

5 posts, read 7,996 times
a lot of men have been trained not to find darkskin and nappy hair attractive...that's why I can't find anybody

Old 08-10-2013, 08:47 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,761,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingforever View Post
a lot of men have been trained not to find darkskin and nappy hair attractive...that's why I can't find anybody
Idk im kind of fond of asian and hawaiian wahines and some of the native and asian wahines have darker nappy hair and brown skin. Maybe your area?

Old 08-10-2013, 08:52 PM

5 posts, read 7,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Idk im kind of fond of asian and hawaiian wahines and some of the native and asian wahines have darker nappy hair and brown skin. Maybe your area?
its pointless if you live across the world. I never meet men like this in real life.

Old 08-10-2013, 08:53 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,761,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Hmm another example would be i grewup in Hawai'i, majority of the population is asian. Now today i find Asian or Asian Hapa(mixed) Wahines(woman,girls) the most sexy wahines in the world. Now is this because of my exposer to them in Hawai'i? Or is this biological? What if i lived in an area where a big majority of the population was African American? Would i then find them the most attractive? Interesting thought.
You know area with different culture can effect ur preferences. Take example of above post. I also think this can have an opposite effect. If your like the only person of ur race in the area u live in i doubt u will get alot of date?

Old 08-11-2013, 01:42 AM

3,467 posts, read 8,147,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Not only are our conceptions of beauty largely socially conditioned, so is the degree of importance we ascribe to beauty in the first place. The evidence that this is true is overwhelming.

The trouble is, most men's subjective feelings about their so-called "preferences" is that they are innate. Men do not feel as though their attitudes about beauty are learned, even though they almost certainly are. Furthermore, a lot of men subscribe to an oversimplified, dumbed-down version of evolutionary psychology and believe they are "hard wired" by genetics to feel and act as they do. That is not what the actual literature of evolutionary psychology says at all, but they don't bother looking into in any further...
Yes, and it's funny to me how many are saying they don't like skinny models & actresses... those are not the women marketed to them. Those women are marketing to other women...

Old 08-11-2013, 12:06 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,178,584 times
No one or nothing tells me who or what I'm attracted to. K, thanks.

Old 08-11-2013, 04:02 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,330,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingforever View Post
So find a man who does, probelm solved!

Old 08-11-2013, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
Men are hardwired for those preferences. At no point in history were older women considered more attractive than younger woman? Why is that? Men are attracted to symmetrical faces and females with certain hip to waist ratios. Its innate since men throughout the world find those traits attractive.
In laymans terms "If she has a banging body and her face is decent she will never be alone"

Old 08-11-2013, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Rubbish. If men are "hardwired" for certain so-called "preferences," why have those "preferences" changed so much over time? Why do they vary considerably from culture to culture today, even within the US?

For example, African-American cultures in the US tend to be FAR less weight-obsessed than the mainstream white culture. Many women who the majority of white men would call "fat" and find unattractive are called "thick" and considered desirable by the majority of African-American men.

It has been noted that Marliyn Monroe, who was held up as the ideal of female beauty in the 1940s and 1950s would be "too fat" to get a modeling job today.

If we are all "hard wired " for certain "preferences," why are some men drawn to tall, willowy blondes while others are drawn to petite Asian women?

Not to be graphic, but today, many young men consider it mandatory that women remove all their pubic hair. This was not so in my generation (I am 43). We just took it for granted that grown women's bodies looked like grown women's bodies. Some women removed their hair, some didn't. But it just wasn't an issue. If a "preference" for no pubic hair is "hard wired," how can this be?
That is an interesting observation. I'm going to guess as far as why A.A man prefer women with curves is because the media ever since it's conception has catered to the preferences of white america. That being said, left A.A, Latinos and Asians peersonal preferences intact and are not as affected by what the media deems as attractive i.e skinny boyish built models.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty