Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 11:41 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,825,859 times

Advertisements

So have you ever thought that maybe your ideals of what is attractive is really not your ideals, for example, i grew up moving around alot being exposed to different cultures, religious beliefs, and families. I hardly watched t.v. As an adult I have alot of guys that are friends and sometimes we talk about you ladies, whats attractive, whats not etc. My friends mostly talk about the skinny, model type as being attractive etc, where im usually one of the lone guys that says i llke bbw ladies or, and nerd girls.I also like a few model type girls but mostly its ladies with more to love that i find attractive. I once asked my friends why they thought that models where more attractive or why they were attracted to the model type mostly and most of my friends just shrugged.

So do u think t.v. magazines, peer pressure etc influences what you find attractive, even on an unconscious level? And how does it influence u?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2013, 11:43 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,420,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
So do u think t.v. magazines, peer pressure etc influences what you find attractive, even on an unconscious level?
Of course

Old 05-31-2013, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Of course
Sorry i should of asked how does it influence you?

Old 05-31-2013, 11:55 PM

2,222 posts, read 3,624,849 times
It caused a bit of confusion for me during my teen years; but around the time I was 18 I admitted to myself that the Hollywood skinny look was not my ideal.

Old 06-01-2013, 12:23 AM

1,304 posts, read 2,592,853 times
Men are biologically programmed to be attracted to young fettle females with a good hip to waist ratio, and symmetrical face. You can't control evolution. If you want proof for this, try parading around Kate Upton alongside with the average fat feminist in the Middle East. Which one gets more attention there? The Middle East is not brainwashed at all by media images of females, yet they have similar tastes in what is attractive. Do you think a 250 lbs female is going to get more attention historically in times without magazines? What percent of societies in history do you think will choose the 250 lbs woman?

Old 06-01-2013, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
Men are biologically programmed to be attracted to young fettle females with a good hip to waist ratio, and symmetrical face. You can't control evolution. If you want proof for this, try parading around Kate Upton alongside with the average fat feminist in the Middle East. Which one gets more attention there? The Middle East is not brainwashed at all by media images of females, yet they have similar tastes in what is attractive. Do you think a 250 lbs female is going to get more attention historically in times without magazines? What percent of societies in history do you think will choose the 250 lbs woman?
I think the renaissance and early u.s history thought that women with fulfigures or bbw where attractive and more desired, so what does that say?

Old 06-01-2013, 12:42 AM

1,304 posts, read 2,592,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
I think the renaissance and early u.s history thought that women with fulfigures or bbw where attractive and more desired, so what does that say?
That's a myth. Plus those women weren't fat like the average disgusting American today who guzzles down junk food and soda daily, then complains they are fat due to genetics, the same genetics that had previous generations with half the obesity rate.

Old 06-01-2013, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
That's a myth. Plus those women weren't fat like the average disgusting American today who guzzles down junk food and soda daily, then complains they are fat due to genetics, the same genetics that had previous generations with half the obesity rate.
Brah bbw is not obese ok, its just not stick girls. The only really hot model type ladies that can pull it off is asian ladies, and i know one.

Old 06-01-2013, 01:10 AM

10,929 posts, read 11,829,311 times
No, I never saw anyone so beautiful as my wife in any ad or in real life, from the day I first met her.

Old 06-01-2013, 01:11 AM

5,993 posts, read 13,253,954 times
I do have a thing generally for tall ladies. My past girlfriends were at or slightly taller than me.

Thats not super common.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty