Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 09:06 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,864,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Ya i would have to agree with you on this 100% thank you for your post.

Anyone else like to share there opinion?
One if my friends and I joke around about the older white men who hit on us (read this as 50+, I am in my 30s). We think they had a crush or something on a cute little black girl in elementary school and they were unable to reciprocate so they are making up for lost time/opportunity now.

On an autocorrecting iDevice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2013, 09:12 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,752,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Thanks, but to add on to that has anyone notice that those who were raised with intact healthy families that the men tend to look for traits that were similiar to their mothers and women to their fathers?
Yes ive noticed that too and agree, its funny there are so many camps of different thoughts on this issue. Is attraction based on hereditary or influenced by genes or is it influenced by culture and environment? Or both? Its also interesting that offten times we are not even aware way or how we find somone attractive.

Old 09-27-2013, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
One if my friends and I joke around about the older white men who hit on us (read this as 50+, I am in my 30s). We think they had a crush or something on a cute little black girl in elementary school and they were unable to reciprocate so they are making up for lost time/opportunity now.

Its possible jade, or maybe your exotic? Thank you for your post.

Old 09-27-2013, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Its possible jade, or maybe your exotic? Thank you for your post.
I am very much "regular black girl." But that maybe "exotic" to some. It probably is in Cali.

Old 09-27-2013, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I am very much "regular black girl." But that maybe "exotic" to some. It probably is in Cali.

lol one mans normal girl is anothers treasure lol.

Old 09-28-2013, 11:53 AM

328 posts, read 466,221 times
What Jade said resonates with me. I identify as "Black", but I never really had the meat and potatoes (badonkadonk butt and lumps) to have the brothaz running after me. I'm in my early 30's too, had a few Black guys as boyfriends, but mostly my thin frame attracted White guys and Asian men. They always called me "exotic" and I really just feel like a regular chick that didn't get blessed by the boob and ass fairy. Oh well. I can outrun a cheetah on an 800m track and I'm strong enough to lift more than my own weight. I like to stay in shape. My girl cousins always made fun of the men that I was attracted to, because I didn't go after the typical types that most Black chicks drooled over. I was always a nerd too, so naturally, I attracted fellow nerds. My first boyfriend was a Japanese chess team geek. I think mutual interests play a big part in who you attract and and who is attracted to you more than the pressure of society. I personally think Brad Pitt looks like your average Joe that works at 7/11 from Anywhere, USA (no offense to 7/11 workers) and the whole 90's craze many Black chicks had over Denzel just passed right over me. I think both men look better with age on them.

I've always been partial to men with offbeat looks and a ton of character. Standing out and being a true sweetheart gets you everywhere with me. I have a crush on Andrew from that Comic-kaze show on Sci-fi, I think he's just ADORABLE. I'm a Trekkie too, so maybe that's it, lol. I totally do a "Captain's Log" soliloquy in the car when riding solo sometimes just like he does, ha ha. Looks don't always nail it for me, a man has to bring some personality to the table, have a gentle heart and be able to show me that he is comfortable being who he is. That wins me. A man doesn't have to fit many requirements to be considered "nice eye candy" for me. I'm not into pretty boys, never have been...probably because they mocked me as a beanpole, tall drink of water, Big Country and etc. niceties as a teen. However, well-aged older men 40 and up with a bit of grey, nicely groomed facial hair and just enough muscle definiton, wow. I also like plump men that take good care of themselves even though I am thin. My husband is a well-fed White man. I like the well-fed look on a man. It's sexy.

Old 09-28-2013, 05:35 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,318,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomed_Shroom12 View Post
What Jade said resonates with me. I identify as "Black", but I never really had the meat and potatoes (badonkadonk butt and lumps) to have the brothaz running after me. I'm in my early 30's too, had a few Black guys as boyfriends, but mostly my thin frame attracted White guys and Asian men. They always called me "exotic" and I really just feel like a regular chick that didn't get blessed by the boob and ass fairy. Oh well. I can outrun a cheetah on an 800m track and I'm strong enough to lift more than my own weight. I like to stay in shape. My girl cousins always made fun of the men that I was attracted to, because I didn't go after the typical types that most Black chicks drooled over. I was always a nerd too, so naturally, I attracted fellow nerds. My first boyfriend was a Japanese chess team geek. I think mutual interests play a big part in who you attract and and who is attracted to you more than the pressure of society. I personally think Brad Pitt looks like your average Joe that works at 7/11 from Anywhere, USA (no offense to 7/11 workers) and the whole 90's craze many Black chicks had over Denzel just passed right over me. I think both men look better with age on them.

I've always been partial to men with offbeat looks and a ton of character. Standing out and being a true sweetheart gets you everywhere with me. I have a crush on Andrew from that Comic-kaze show on Sci-fi, I think he's just ADORABLE. I'm a Trekkie too, so maybe that's it, lol. I totally do a "Captain's Log" soliloquy in the car when riding solo sometimes just like he does, ha ha. Looks don't always nail it for me, a man has to bring some personality to the table, have a gentle heart and be able to show me that he is comfortable being who he is. That wins me. A man doesn't have to fit many requirements to be considered "nice eye candy" for me. I'm not into pretty boys, never have been...probably because they mocked me as a beanpole, tall drink of water, Big Country and etc. niceties as a teen. However, well-aged older men 40 and up with a bit of grey, nicely groomed facial hair and just enough muscle definiton, wow. I also like plump men that take good care of themselves even though I am thin. My husband is a well-fed White man. I like the well-fed look on a man. It's sexy.

Awww, you sound sooooo sweet! I have always been drawn to nerdy females that had interesting personalities. Don't get me wrong I still like to LOOK at curvy women but never considered having one of my own. Now I'm married to a computer programing geek, and have a son who is into racecars and rock music and another who just loves country music and acts like shaggy from Scooby-Doo. Personally I love to read comic books and watch cartoons. I guess that we are not a typical black family in many people's eyes

Old 09-28-2013, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Awww, you sound sooooo sweet! I have always been drawn to nerdy females that had interesting personalities. Don't get me wrong I still like to LOOK at curvy women but never considered having one of my own. Now I'm married to a computer programing geek, and have a son who is into racecars and rock music and another who just loves country music and acts like shaggy from Scooby-Doo. Personally I love to read comic books and watch cartoons. I guess that we are not a typical black family in many people's eyes
Nerd here too. I missed the A part of t&a. I find a very interesting mix of people are attracted to me. I am technically the weird black girl.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 09-28-2013, 05:48 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
well I am not sure but I met several very heavy women on eharmony that explained it just like that they tried to help me understand that I was just confused and in fact was really crazy about 300 lb women

Old 10-03-2013, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
well I am not sure but I met several very heavy women on eharmony that explained it just like that they tried to help me understand that I was just confused and in fact was really crazy about 300 lb women
Lol, great post. Thank you guys for your well thought out posts. Anyone else what to share there opinion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty