Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2012, 06:25 AM

744 posts, read 1,849,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercikaleb View Post
I look 10-15 years younger.
People think I'm my sons sister all the time
But I am looking older lately.

I honestly think that people look their best between 18-21

After that, its just maintainence.

People can be attractive at ANY age, but the peak is early 20s.
How old are you?

People can peak at any age 18-40. It just depends on the person and how they take care of themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2012, 06:27 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,224,259 times
It just demonstrates how absurd some of these "studies" are.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:00 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,208,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brajohns81 View Post
It still counts though. Ashton was initially attracted to her and he dated and married her. Mila Kunis is 29, she will be 30 next year. Or are you finally admitting that 30 isn't really old or middle age like the OP seems to be implying?? You are also forgetting J.LO and her NEW squeeze. She's 43, he's 25.

Besides, how many Hollywood marriages last anyway?? Quite a few stars have gone through 3 or 4 husbands before they were even 30, and had more after that.
THE AGERAGE 40 YEAR OLD DOESN'T LOOK LIKE JLO.

What part of that don't you understand. Your using outlier examples and Try to make it seem like its common

As for Ashton they did get married but
A. The average 40 year old does not look like Demi
B. they broke up and he got a younger hotter chick

Old 08-23-2012, 07:16 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,124,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Men have ALWAYS throughout history been attracted to younger women. Look at Ashton kutcher for example. He was with 50 year old Demi moore now he upgraded to 29 year old Mila Kunis

RadarOnline - Exclusives - Demi Moore Heartbroken Over Ashton Kutcher Mila Kunis Romance
according to the men around here 29 is over the hill. he'll be wanting a new model in six years. he should have gotten a 20 year old

Old 08-23-2012, 07:18 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,224,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
he should have gotten a 20 year old
After you reach a certain age, that constant gum snapping is annoying...

Old 08-23-2012, 07:43 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,413,269 times
Quote:
I guess a better question is what is considered young? what is considered middle age? what is considered old. By most accounts 40 is considered the beginning of middle age(sometimes 35-40). 30-35 is for the large majority part considered a part of young adult.

Biological functions like you described also change. Like I have pointed out before, what was considered old in the medieval times?? Before World War II there was no word "teenager" and the culture that goes along with being a teenager that we know today. Before then People 18-20 were largely considered just youth or young adults. It was after WWII that the word "teenager" and their culture came into existence: Television, rock n roll, fashions, etc. Long before WWII in the middle ages and the biblical times a woman was EXPECTED to be married with children before the age of 20. Times change. A lot of us are still living in the 20th century for the most part, and it is time to move into the 21st century and the 3rd millennium. After all, we have already been there for 12 years now.

Young adult at 30???? That should be full grown adult. LOL Young adult is around 18-25 in my opinion.

Quote:

What part of that don't you understand. Your using outlier examples and Try to make it seem like its common

Agreed.

Unfortunately these female celebs are skewing both men and women's idea and expectations of what a 35-40+ should look like. These woman are famous for a reason: good genetics!!!! They have above average looks to begin with. Then add plastic surgery and/or other medical procedures (fillers, lasers) on top of staff for hair (weaves/extensions) and makeup. They make aging look easy and good!!!

You get used to seeing woman in media who aren't aging naturally, so when you look around at everyday women, they look like they haven't faired as well.

Last edited by TheImportersWife; 08-23-2012 at 07:53 AM..

Old 08-23-2012, 07:50 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,208,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
according to the men around here 29 is over the hill. he'll be wanting a new model in six years. he should have gotten a 20 year old
I disagree that all women at 29 are over the hill. Plus mila is a dime and if he marries her there at least in the same age range(29-33) not a 16 or 17 year gap.

Old 08-23-2012, 03:31 PM

[quote=TheImportersWife;25768115]Young adult at 30???? That should be full grown adult. LOL Young adult is around 18-25 in my opinion.

NEWS FLASH: You become a fully grown adult around 18-21. After 21 there is nothing restricting you.

Quote:
Agreed.

Unfortunately these female celebs are skewing both men and women's idea and expectations of what a 35-40+ should look like. These woman are famous for a reason: good genetics!!!! They have above average looks to begin with. Then add plastic surgery and/or other medical procedures (fillers, lasers) on top of staff for hair (weaves/extensions) and makeup. They make aging look easy and good!!!

You get used to seeing woman in media who aren't aging naturally, so when you look around at everyday women, they look like they haven't faired as well.
Times is changing all over the world(or should be). Time for us to seriously move into the 21st century. You must be from an older generation?? Either way, your kind of thinking is outdated.

There was also a popular modeling competition that aired on TV Land for women over 35. Times are changing. Technology, science and people taking care of themselves is also changing. LETS DO THIS!!

Old 08-23-2012, 03:35 PM

Quote:

Where exactly do you live?? You must live in some little town somewhere.

BTW, how old are you??

Like I also said, Mila Kunis is 29. What is going to happen next year when she hits the age you claim that women magically turn into dust??

Old 08-23-2012, 03:37 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,413,269 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Young adult at 30???? That should be full grown adult. LOL Young adult is around 18-25 in my opinion.

NEWS FLASH: You become a fully grown adult around 18-21. After 21 there is nothing restricting you.
I gave a few more years knowing a lot of folks in their early twenties are still completing their educations. But yes, you're right, there's nothing restricting you after 21. Just mentality.

Quote:

Times is changing all over the world(or should be). Time for us to seriously move into the 21st century. You must be from an older generation?? Either way, your kind of thinking is outdated.
My way of thinking??? Which is what??? Outdated? How so?

Please explain how my generation needs to move into the 21st century.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty