Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2011, 01:12 PM

2 posts, read 3,124 times

Advertisements

To the lemon person who said one should learn about "cougars" or whatever the heck they call it, and the man who says it's "BS" that society impresses humanity these ideas of how women should be/look/etc... clearly you stand on no safe grounds to discuss "education" (as lemon implied..) Women and men are PROGRAMMED at a very early age by the media, and anyone who doesn't see this... is not only blind.. but a PERFECT target for the marketing. Never question or observe.. just live like a lower life form, right? lol

Now, to lemon, your labels are ridiculous, but I understand your learned them from our culture. How is it perfectly fine for a man in his 40s to date a woman in her 20s, but if a woman in her 30s dates a man in his late 20s... she gets an evil label? How is it that a man can brag about being a subhuman walking penis (only interested in sex and to expect anything more of him is too advanced, and he will laugh with mockery for such ignorant expectations!) .. [?] Yet, he is called a "real man" despite the (actual) insult, and a woman who does the exact same thing as he is called a "****" just because she is not 'reserved' and doesn't PREFER to be, with her body. So what?

Are you trying to say that these double standards DON'T come from society's ideals? Are you guys truly so easily brainwashed? Come now...

Don't get me wrong, I'm in my early 20s and come from a long line of beautiful women (So assuming I'm an old bitter hag would be a poor ad hominem. And I don't think it takes a 'loose' person to point out that these ugly labels are both blatant and obnoxious.) Also, I'm very reserved when it comes to romance (again, a preference) but I don't 'hate' on a girl who chooses to live differently. I don't think it's wholesome or fulfilling for EITHER gender to go about mindlessly having sex with strangers/friends/etc.. but it seems to work for some (again, regardless of gender) and while it will puzzle me... I wouldn't resort to labels. People are diverse. Get over it. A rapper calls a man a 'brother' for being vulgar and promiscuous... I might as well call the females who are no different a 'sister,' then. Why would that be wrong? Human beings are human beings. Social conditioning is just that.

When society starts saying "women age" but doesn't mention anything about men (as someone above actually said "men never age" or something to that affect) it truly shows the ridiculous ideal being thrown out there. Men do age.. you just hardly know of it because looks are not blatantly catered to them. (What's catered to men? Sex. Mindless brutality. Non-women-things -- whatever it may be. Even if it's intellect!) Women tend to have low self-esteems because of this exaggerated propaganda, so more often than not "any ugly guy will do, so long as he has money and makes me feel pretty" seems the general case of men in their 40s dating girls in their 20s. You might say "oh, well a woman can get pregnant at 20." But that argument doesn't hold, either. A woman has been known to give birth at the age of 70! (past menopause?) lol So I'm sure 30s/40s would be no problem. The point is, society DOES have double standards, is DOES flaunt and brainwash how things 'should' and 'shouldn't' be... what is generally 'accepted' and what is frowned upon and sadly enough (based on very complex reasons that date back to old sexist mythologies people mistook for FACTS) it is VERY double standard.

All I know is that I'm going to try to lead an example and experiment for myself what 'works' and what doesn't. Confidence works for me cause it makes me feel GREAT. Exercise, cause I have a lot of energy (as do you!) and need to express it. Eating healthy feels wonderful... So we'll see how things result in a decade or so. I'll will probably learn from the French women ideal who exude confidence with age, instead of placing their entire value on what 'the media says.' It's all a system, anyway, loaded with propaganda.

Anyway, clearly I'm bored since I bothered to toss that out there. (Even made this account, just because I couldn't believe how many people are so gullible against women. Tsk tsk. I suppose it benefits them to be so? *shrug*)

Hope you guys have a good day, anyway. Just try not to buy into too much of what is expected of you and do as much research as you can! Be free and be happy (yes, reducing stress reduces chances of a lot of health problems AND wrinkles, so I disagree to the guy who said "BS" to happiness to.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2011, 01:29 PM

2 posts, read 3,124 times
Bah, my computer is now having problems. Don't know if my post was made multiple times (due to several possible clicks?) but it was a pretty long post so I hope it didn't!

If this goes through, sorry for the flood (if any!) I think my computer problems is a sign I should be going out right now. lol :P

Old 03-31-2011, 02:15 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,713,966 times
LOL....35....

Not in my neck of the woods.

The only women who age badly by then have the habits that get them there. (sun, smoke, stress, poor eating, etc)

And lets get real. A lot men look like crap after 25 usually unless they take care of themselves too. Fat, back hair starts growing, ear fuzz, digestive issues start, lean mass is not as firm etc etc etc.

Old 03-31-2011, 03:16 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,405,309 times
Another bad thing that's happened to this over-the-hill broad is calluses on my feet. Is it my imagination or are my feet getting callused faster?

Old 03-31-2011, 03:43 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
Another bad thing that's happened to this over-the-hill broad is calluses on my feet. Is it my imagination or are my feet getting callused faster?
My dear, it's the price you pay for walking on those rough, cold stone floors in the castle. Summer is coming. Take the tapestrys off the walls and feel their wooly goodness beneath your naked feet as you walk to and fro across your bedchamber!

Old 03-31-2011, 03:53 PM

2,053 posts, read 4,816,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
My dear, it's the price you pay for walking on those rough, cold stone floors in the castle. Summer is coming. Take the tapestrys off the walls and feel their wooly goodness beneath your naked feet as you walk to and fro across your bedchamber!

Old 04-01-2011, 11:35 AM

2,296 posts, read 6,285,680 times
LOL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post

Old 04-02-2011, 08:52 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,928,039 times
It is amazing what you learn as you grow up , most of it too late, and much of it you wouldn't do simply because it would have interfered with your fun at the time .
There is a price for ignoring family traits and weakneses, and some of those weaknesses we thoughtlessly have children knowing we will be passing those on to them .
Man has done this for centuries , and we get weaker all the time.
I am not into genetic engineering mind you , nor the Population agenda, by any means , but you'd think will all our education , knowing all the ramifications of wrong foods ,bad habbits, ect. we would put more thought into our choices for a mate than he or she is "hot".
Even the animals in the wild, are smarter in this issue .
Now at 60, I'm in good shape basiclly , may be a little over weight , but 'm working at it .
I didn't know that my mom was suseptable to diabetis, and also my wife's mom as well . This ignorance put our children in jepordy for the same issues .
I have taught them to eat right and excersize but they do not because their mother did not.
I have no fix for this but to considder this , If we treat our future with so little concern ,we get what we deserve ,,but do our children deserve it ?
Will the government have to inflict laws, because we do not have the dicipline on our own, to considder the future ?
Oh I get it ,,,let the other guy do that , guess what, every body said that.
So your bodies have problems , there is a fix , but no one is going to listen .

Old 04-04-2011, 04:51 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,405,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
LOL.
Removing the tapestries...Oh my. I think that type of brazenness might merit a FLOGGING from his Lordship

Old 04-04-2011, 04:53 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
Removing the tapestries...Oh my. I think that type of brazenness might merit a FLOGGING from his Lordship
ummm....I think there is a whole 'nother forum for THAT kind of discussion...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty