Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Fairbanks
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 11:54 PM

391 posts, read 1,029,931 times

Advertisements

Did you go to "good feng shui" (west side / Airport Way) or "bad feng shui" (north east side / Old Steese) Freddy's?

There is a difference...although I have been known to say "feng shui my arse" when in the west side one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2010, 03:15 AM

261 posts, read 780,505 times
Beginning of the month .... welfare crowds were out *sigh*

Old 05-03-2010, 06:11 AM

206 posts, read 514,030 times
Somedays i think i wish they had turn signals and break lights for shopping carts.

People are just plain rude in stores.

I generally scowl now when i go shopping.

Oh, and what the hell is it with the temperatures in stores now.. WalMart is the worst, either Sweltering hot and you feel like your gonna pass out, or its freezing cold. Cant they just have a middle of the road temperature ? The wife and i Layer up when we go shopping never know how its gonna be.

Oh, and i always feel like i just got slapped in the face when i hear those new Fred Meyer ads... "Just good low prices on the stuff you need". Have they ever shopped at there own store?

Old 05-03-2010, 06:53 AM

2,758 posts, read 5,287,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dradiin View Post
Oh, and what the hell is it with the temperatures in stores now.. WalMart is the worst, either Sweltering hot and you feel like your gonna pass out, or its freezing cold. Cant they just have a middle of the road temperature ? The wife and i Layer up when we go shopping never know how its gonna be.
Yeah, no kidding! Down here when it's 95 out and a million percent humidity the stores are all like 60 degrees and I'm shivering in my flip flops!

Old 05-03-2010, 01:01 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,707,782 times
OK, now I'm in SeaTac, idjits thick as flies of course. However, people are watching where they are going. Never really seen much of a problem here even though it's usually quite crowded.

The Fairbanks FM on airport is the worst place I have ever been.

Old 05-03-2010, 01:52 PM

204 posts, read 472,125 times
Thanks for giving me the heads-up on the FM in Fairbanks. I'll be sure to go there only when necessary.

Old 05-04-2010, 01:07 PM

681 posts, read 1,206,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAFBoundYankee View Post
Thanks for giving me the heads-up on the FM in Fairbanks. I'll be sure to go there only when necessary.
You're gonna get really hungry.....since any of the Fairbanks stores, Safeway and Walmart included, are subject to this same phenomenom.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:10 PM

4,731 posts, read 9,944,110 times
This is why I shop at 24-hr stores at 2 am The only people you have to worry about are the stockers!

I combat shop, so have absolutely no issue with running dawdlers down or ramming abandoned or ill-placed carts. I try to be polite first, but if that doesn't get a quick response, I take matters into my own hands. I often leave my cart nicely parked at the end-cap out of the way and zoom down an aisle on foot dodging the dawdlers... I'd spend 3x as long in the store if I didn't. Why can't these people move with a purpose?! Is the concept of shopping lists so difficult to comprehend?

Old 05-05-2010, 03:53 PM

1,272 posts, read 2,372,684 times
Agreed Missing the best time to shop is late at night in the all-night grocery.
But what totally blows my skirt up is when I'm getting off work late, hit the store and run into a family with toddlers wandering around. Just know one day I'm going to be tired and run one of these munchkins over.
Why is the whole family shopping at midnight? Can't mom or dad stay home with the kids?
Like you it's get in, get what I need and get out.

Old 05-05-2010, 05:12 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,628,634 times
Grocery stores should ban cell phones and not because of kids. How many times I've seen an adult talking on a cell phone to someone telling them the price of an item and other nonsense, I don't know. You literally have to shove them out of the way if they're gabbing while standing in front of an item you want.

For whatever reason, some folks still think its cool to be seen with a cell phone.

Anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska > Fairbanks