Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2022, 12:16 PM

602 posts, read 495,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
And so are Ukrainian nationalists.

"Dressed in a colorful peasant-style shirt, Korchynsky told Reuters that he follows orders from the Interior Ministry, and that his battalion would stop fighting if commanded to do so. Yet he added: “We would proceed with our own methods of action independently from state structures.”
Korchynsky, a former leader of an ultra-nationalist party and a devout Orthodox Christian, wants to create a Christian “Taliban” to reclaim eastern Ukraine as well as Crimea, which was annexed by Russia in 2014. He isn’t going to give up his quest lightly.
“I would like Ukraine to lead the crusades,” said Korchynsky, whose battalion’s name is Saint Mary. “Our mission is not only to kick out the occupiers, but also revenge. Moscow must burn.”
Such talk and recent violent incidents involving members of unofficial armed groups have raised government concerns about radicals running out of control"

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...0Q30YT20150729

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torture_in_Ukraine

( or you can go back into history) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massac...astern_Galicia

Then read this in particular - it's important to understand what this is all about.

"On August 2, 2016, former Tornado troops threw faeces and urine at the attendees in the court room. At the same time, clashes occurred near the Obolonskyi court building. The charges According to military prosecutor Ruslan Kravchuk, the accused former Tornado troops are charged with the following: -building a criminal organization; -sodomy under threat of violence; -abuse of authority and power by a law enforcement officer accompanied by violence, threat of violence, use of weapons and impact munition; -misappropriation of vehicle under threat of violence; -illegal deprivation of freedom and kidnapping; -tortures; -incitement to attempted suicide resulting from abusive treatment; -fraudulent imposition and self-empowerement, combined with commission of socially dangerous acts using official uniform of law enforcement officer; -home invasion and illegal search committed by an official involving threat of violence; -extortion committed by an official using his official power and threat of homicide; -extortion of official documents committed for financial gain which resulted in disorder in agency operation; -misappropriation of a passport of a citizen of Ukraine. It has been noted that the case itself consists of 86 volumes.Оригінал статті - на сайті Українського кризового медіа-центру: https://uacrisis.org/en/55087-need-k...ion-servicemen

So I find it rather ironical, that Putin is unleashing one group of radicals (Islamic Nationalists) onto another one ( (Ukrainian Nationalists.)
Oh, a whataboutism. Cool.

Anyway, lets get back to the point. Why are Putin bringing in Chechen Islamists known for their brutality?
It's not because Russia doesnt have plenty of regular Russian troops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2022, 12:18 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,526,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDentist View Post
Oh, a whataboutism. Cool.

Anyway, lets get back to the point. Why are Putin bringing in Chechen Islamists known for their brutality?
It's not because Russia doesnt have plenty of regular Russian troops.

Because he is setting one group of radicals against another, not less brutal one.

Old 02-28-2022, 12:19 PM

602 posts, read 495,590 times
Quote:
P.S. So now you can hopefully understand better, what kind of "christians" we are talking about in case of Ukrainian nationalists.
PS: The Chechens have been spotted north of Kyiv not near Donbass (where the drug using Nazis apparently are). Also, Ramzan Kadyrovs right hand wanker, Magomed Tushayev, was allegedly killed at Kyiv. So we know they are headed to either Kyiv or Kharkiv.

Old 02-28-2022, 12:21 PM

4,938 posts, read 3,046,341 times
Quote:
I am watching the videos here coming from different places already surrounded by Russian troops - people living there post their videos on Youtube, reporting what's going on around them.

I've never seen 8 different live cams up and running during an "invasion", or the power left on for resistance to remain cozy and warm.
Every city in Ukraine seems calm at the moment.

Thus far, this is a conflict of interest; with potential to escalate into war.
And honestly, when you impose sanctions on civilians who aren't making political decisions; that's an act of war. We're lowering Russian civilian standards of living, including anti-war protestors.
Yeah, I get it; use the people to put pressure on Putin; but still...it's a slippery slope.

Old 02-28-2022, 12:21 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,016,192 times
Quote:
Read on Easthome, because this is the state that the West created ( and keeps on prompting) on the Russian border.

And particularly start paying attention at this;

"Dressed in a colorful peasant-style shirt, Korchynsky told Reuters that he follows orders from the Interior Ministry, and that his battalion would stop fighting if commanded to do so. Yet he added: “We would proceed with our own methods of action independently from state structures.”
Korchynsky, a former leader of an ultra-nationalist party and a devout Orthodox Christian, wants to create a Christian “Taliban” to reclaim eastern Ukraine as well as Crimea, which was annexed by Russia in 2014. He isn’t going to give up his quest lightly.
“I would like Ukraine to lead the crusades,” said Korchynsky, whose battalion’s name is Saint Mary. “Our mission is not only to kick out the occupiers, but also revenge. Moscow must burn.”

Such talk and recent violent incidents involving members of unofficial armed groups have raised government concerns about radicals running out of control"

https://www.city-data.com/forum/62990427-post15190.html

So no, it's not about "that war criminal Putin" - it's about Russia.
Russia has invaded Ukraine, therefore Russia is the pariah of the world - end of. If you don't want war then I suggest invading a country is NOT the way to go about avoiding one!

Old 02-28-2022, 12:22 PM

9,356 posts, read 14,299,663 times
Quote:
From what I see so far, they are surrounding and blocking the cities, not really entering them, unless it's unavoidable and cities are really important from strategic point of view.

Other than that, they are trying to not to enter the cities, because they are aware that the Nationalists are placing the rocket launchers between residential areas.

I am watching the videos here coming from different places already surrounded by Russian troops - people living there post their videos on Youtube, reporting what's going on around them.
My understanding is that Russian troops have taken many small towns on the peninsula between the Sea of Avov and the Dnieper River, except for Melitopol, for which the struggle continues (no news from there since Saturday), they have surrounded Mariupol, and they are making their way towards Zaporizhzhya. Meanwhile the self-proclaimed Donbass republics have taken over many small settlements in the parts of the oblasts that they previously did not control. I have not read any rebuttals from the Ukrainian side on that score.

As we know, the struggle continues for Kharkiv further north on the eastern border.

The first round of negotiations has ended. I think the only agreement is mutual cooperation to find those missing in action and to inspect prisoner of war conditions.

The outcome of further rounds of negotiations will depend on reality on the ground. Expect a combination of bloody fighting, further infrastructure damage, and attrition in the coming days and weeks.

Many of these YouTube videos seem doctored or fake, sometimes even snippets from video games.

Any update on Melitopol? Probably surrounded or divided.

Old 02-28-2022, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDentist View Post
PS: The Chechens have been spotted north of Kyiv not near Donbass (where the drug using Nazis apparently are). Also, Ramzan Kadyrovs right hand wanker, Magomed Tushayev, was allegedly killed at Kyiv. So we know they are headed to either Kyiv or Kharkiv.

When Putin referred to "drug users" he referred to Zelensky and his government but mostly Zelensky himself.

The Nationalists are all over the place, not only in Eastern Ukraine ( although that's where their major Battalions are concentrated now.)

But with that being said, of course it's one of the "psychological aspects" of the warfare - to announce of the arrival of Chechens in Kiev.

However, keeping in mind that now Zelensky set free all the criminals from prisons in Kiev, ( I've heard about the order lately) and gave them weapons, sending Chechens there is not a bad idea.

Particularly that after the night when 20,000 guns were dispersed already among the population of Kiev, ( to anyone willing to take it,) 30 people were reported wounded next day ( plus maraudering on the streets) with no Russians in sight yet.

So all this indicates that sending Chechens there is not a bad idea after all.

Old 02-28-2022, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
My understanding is that Russian troops have taken many small towns on the peninsula between the Sea of Avov and the Dnieper River, except for Melitopol, for which the struggle continues (no news from there since Saturday), they have surrounded Mariupol, and they are making their way towards Zaporizhzhya. Meanwhile the self-proclaimed Donbass republics have taken over many small settlements in the parts of the oblasts that they previously did not control. I have not read any rebuttals from the Ukrainian side on that score.

As we know, the struggle continues for Kharkiv further north on the eastern border.

I think Kharkov is already partially at least under the Russian control.

It looks like the mayor is cooperating, and Russians want things to run as usual.

Quote:
The first round of negotiations has ended. I think the only agreement is mutual cooperation to find those missing in action and to inspect prisoner of war conditions.

The outcome of further rounds of negotiations will depend on reality on the ground. Expect a combination of bloody fighting, further infrastructure damage, and attrition in the coming days and weeks.

Many of these YouTube videos seem doctored or fake, sometimes even snippets from video games.

Any update on Melitopol? Probably surrounded or divided.
I think Russians are already there, since it's one of those strategically-important places.

( I watched the blogger from there yesterday, the city looked quiet, only lines for foodstuff, which is running short.)

Same in Kharkov, but it looks like the guy who was youtubing from there is going to the basement today, with increased shelling.

I think that population in the rural areas are in the worse shape - they are all in the basements by now.

But overall, the guy on Yutube (he is a Russian-speaking Ukrainian, and I assume with military background) who gives constant updates and map with detailed explanations of what's going on on the front lines, asked volunteers yesterday to start translating his broadcasting so they'd reach the English-speaking ( and other foreign sites.)
So we'll see what will come out of it.

But I'll check on Melitopol now, since I've heard the name of this city as strategically important one.

Old 02-28-2022, 01:04 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,016,828 times
Curious what the economic reality over there is nevertheless, for Ukraine I get it: it must be like hell. But with Russia and 40+ decline in currency, no swift and ban of transfers out of the country...especially seeing how Russia wasn't quite Dubai or Monaco before.

Maybe the government should consider free food en masse, ties with India or China or soon. Ordinary people don't deserve to starve, especially the ones who didn't vote for Putin - there is no excuse for a terrorist action from the west.

Old 02-28-2022, 01:15 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,020,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
Curious what the economic reality over there is nevertheless, for Ukraine I get it: it must be like hell. But with Russia and 40+ decline in currency, no swift and ban of transfers out of the country...especially seeing how Russia wasn't quite Dubai or Monaco before.

Maybe the government should consider free food en masse, ties with India or China or soon. Ordinary people don't deserve to starve, especially the ones who didn't vote for Putin - there is no excuse for a terrorist action from the west.
Uh..What kind of hunger are you talking about? Our prices are not tied to the dollar, as it was in the 90s.And Russia does not buy food, but is an exporter, don't forget.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe