Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 04:57 PM

4,792 posts, read 6,057,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junter View Post
Who tf said that they look Dutch? like who said that they look Nordic?

And many more Dutch people than you think are not pale with fair hair lol... I just laughed at your statement of "people with dark complexion" and said that they're normal Europeans... lol

Yes, Xabi Alonso, De Gea or Juan Mata also look very levantine lol

Of course those are not your typical/average Spaniards but they're somehow more common than the ones looking like Guardiola lol.
Not in crowds they're not common. Find me a crowd pic of Spaniards where even 1/3 look like that. I will wait for...ever.

Xabi Alonso is not even an ethnic Spaniard. You do realize he is Basque?

Xavi, Busquets, and Fabregas are other woggy Catalonians not just Guardiola. People assume Busquets is North African or Gypsy and Fabregas looks darker than his Levantine girlfriend.

I am not even saying the above are typical but people like to ignore their existence or claim they are foreigners BUT will happily accept the light ones as typical. Bad example using a Basque though.

My initial point stands: as a majority Spaniards look Mediterranean and the Atlantic Facade is a lie. At least in appearance it is.

YES EUROPEANS CAN BE DARK. Are you blind?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2017, 08:43 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,472,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Her first marriage was to Xavier Cugat. He was old enough to be her father.
I love Charo. She often said that she is from Salamanca (Campo charro, so I surmised that this is where she created her stage name). The first time I went to Spain, I had a tour with two sisters from Salamanca. They were EXACTLY like Charo! The big hair, the pink lipstick, the effusive personality, the VERY rapid speech...it was amusing. I met no one else in Salamanca like that, just these two sisters. So funny. I have a picture of one or both of them. I will post if possible.

The reason I love Charo? One of the sweetest entertainers I have ever seen. I have never seen her be anything but kind to others. When she fusses, it is part of the 'act'. She seems very self deprecating and that is part of her schtik. I guess the 'bimbo' schtik, but she is a master of it and always cames across as joking at her own stereotype when in reality she is quite a remarkable talent. Her talent on guitar is wonderful.

Old 07-09-2017, 10:25 PM

3,326 posts, read 2,619,803 times
Xabi Alonso is not even an ethnic Spaniard. You do realize he is Basque?

Ok, conversation ended. Not sure what happened with your account, how much money saxonworld payed for it or if you had an alternative life in this account but definetly you act now 100% like saxonworld.

Many users from here thought (including me) that after saxonworld got banned, he couldn't resist to stop posting lmao.

Yes of course. Basques are not Spaniards. They're Germans probably. Xabi Alonso has a surname from the interior of Spain, probably his grandparents were from central Spanish regions. He is from Tolosa, a city which was repopulated with the same people as most of Spain, Christians from the south of Germany and France...

And Basque Region is a Spanish region, and Basques nowadays are almost identical in DNA to Spaniards, i'm sure that you know 0 about the industrialization of the Basque Region and how Franco sended tons of central and southern Spaniards there lol... Maybe 10 centuries ago they were different, but not now.

His father has a very typical Spanish look nowadays roflmao...

Old 07-09-2017, 10:27 PM

The Basque genes nowadays are very small and they're easily distinguishable. You will find them mostly in small towns from the north of the Basque Region as well as in inland SW France...

In this "Basque Culture" fair, in this pic the only person with a typical Basque aspect is this guy on the foreground. The girl or all of the crowd look as average northern Spaniards:

Real Basques have pale skin but very dark hair and eyes. Xabi Alonso, just as Mata, De Gea, or many other Spaniards have Celtic and even some Viking heritage on them, as can't change the reality tho: Celtics had an important history in IBERIA and Vikings made various settlements... that's why in the middle of Sevilla you can see towns with lots of pale and redheads or people with very fair hair.

Spain is very diverse, no one said that they're all looking "Nordic" or "British", I was just pointing out that Spaniards look like normal Europeans, normal, not dark or very white, but NORMAL. For God's sake, do you really want to tell me how Spaniards look if most things which you know about Spain are mere pictures from the Internet?!?! I LIVE in Spain since 2001. What do you want to say to me ?! lol.

You think that you know something but in reality you don't, you don't know nothing lol, yet you're here in a forum discussing with a local from somewhere trying to convince himself that the people from his locale are different. W T F

Old 07-09-2017, 10:43 PM

This is a National Spanish competition between female cyclists in Spain. It's maded by regions, the 2 girls with the Spanish flag use their normal suit of the Spanish team. The other 3 girls also are in the Spanish team and have their suits, but in this case they preferred to wear their regional or local suits. The green suit is the regional Basque suit, and the pink suit is the local suit of Guipuzkoa (a Basque province)

For me, the most stereotypical SPANISH girl from this pic is the 5th girl on the right. Isn't it? wow! She is Basque.

This is one of those females, wearing the National Spanish suit. She looks identical to one of my neighbours here in Altea, Alicante, SE of Spain... lol

this one is the girl from the right in the 1st pic, with the Spanish National suit too...

she has a very, very Spanish stereotypical/typical looking and she is Basque too. See? Probably you didn't know that most of Basques from nowadays have grandparents from other Spanish regions lol.

Old 07-09-2017, 11:06 PM

426 posts, read 351,886 times
I wish I could post some photos on here about some actors in spain but I don't know how to do that yet lol. I agree that the looks are very diverse in spain. You can have people who look like actors Jordi Mollà, Jose Manuel Poga, Álvaro Cervantes and Miguel Ángel Silvestre. From black hair all the way to blonde hair. From brown eyes all the way to blue, skin olive to pale.

Old 07-10-2017, 05:07 AM

345 posts, read 269,039 times
Ask Saxonwok-Jumpdic-etc,etc and yourself. How many alternate accounts, 170?

Old 07-10-2017, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by papuolo View Post
Ask Saxonwok-Jumpdic-etc,etc and yourself. How many alternate accounts, 170?
Check my IP or ask a mod to do so. I don't even know what you are referring to.

All I see are people who look Southern European but your ass decided to claim Spaniards look different than other Southern Europeans. HOW DO THEY LOOK DIFFERENT? You are ashamed of your Mediterranean heritage and it is baffling why.

Celtic is not even a race! Galicia is Celtic and those people look Portuguese!!

Old 07-10-2017, 06:29 PM

210 posts, read 200,255 times
Why do so many threads somehow turn into a "who's whiter?" contest, no matter what the initial topic might be?

Old 07-10-2017, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebaruna View Post
Why do so many threads somehow turn into a "who's whiter?" contest, no matter what the initial topic might be?
Because some people make it a point to say Spaniards aren't like other Southern Europeans out of some inferiority complex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe