Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2015, 04:10 AM

1,470 posts, read 2,077,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferney View Post
Dude I spent time traveling thru South America and most care about Spain as much the average American cares about England.

I am realizing old European colonial powers care more about their old colonial posts in the new world than the other way around.

I spent four months total around South America and not a single person ever talked to me about Spain, or even cared about Spain culture or traditions. To them Spain was just another country out there in the world, sort of like Americans view the UK.

I doubt you were ever either in Latin America or Europe, Spain is indeed very important culturally in Latin America, and also the other way around as more people visit and stay in Latin America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2015, 04:17 PM

1 posts, read 3,072 times
Have to agree with tvdxer.
Am a fit, reasonable looking 45yo from Australia on holiday in Spain. The Spanish women who have spoken to me in their normal roles - shopkeepers, hotel staff etc have been friendly and nice. When I've tried to chat with any outside of that, they are very reserved, stuck up and they just ignore me. I haven't had such rude responses from women anywhere else in the world, can't wait to get back to France where the women are not rude and are quite friendly.

Old 05-30-2015, 06:00 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,027,050 times
I can only speak for myself bc I am married to a Spaniard (Valencian) & he loves Latin women (think Salma Hayek, Sofia Vergara, Zoe Saldana). I think many Spanish men DO like Latinas....just my opinion though...

Old 06-13-2017, 06:07 PM

4,792 posts, read 6,050,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamChobits View Post
Yes, as I said there is some sort of missunderstanding about Spaniards as we are oftenly related with Latin-americans even if in reality we are totally different in a lot of ways. Perhaps the only ones closer to us are the Argentinians, who have also ties with the Germans and the Italians.
No. Just no. The complexes Spaniards have are ridiculous.

Old 06-13-2017, 06:16 PM

Spanish culture is nothing like German or UK culture. It is very groupthink, family oriented, hot and cold, and very Mediterranean. So whoever said that Spaniards are just like Germans quite honestly knows little about Spain.

Spaniard culture would seem very different to your average White American. White Americans are as a whole more reserved than Spaniards. Especially when it comes to sex. Hyper conservative types of women are not found in Spain.

And yes, Spaniards did practically give lots of cultural input to Latin America.

Old 06-14-2017, 03:49 AM

345 posts, read 268,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
I can only speak for myself bc I am married to a Spaniard (Valencian) & he loves Latin women (think Salma Hayek, Sofia Vergara, Zoe Saldana). I think many Spanish men DO like Latinas....just my opinion though...

Because Spanish women are just like Latin American women but crippled.

Call it the Nacionalcatolicismo.

During generations - 1939-1980- Spanish women were treated as minors, abortion was a crime, divorce was ilegal and women could not sign a contract. Spanish women were managed by their family and social entourage...and any girl that had more than 2 boyfriends was a "perdida", a woman that was only fit for *****.

When democracy came, Spanish women found no ther way that copy men, loosing the fabled Spanish feminity and becoming truck drivers.

Some Latin American women - which are generally - many of them - stunning - are more like old time Spanish women. (No obscenities, more traditional, not obsses with sex, know more about sex).

Indeed, Spanish women are similar to Latin women, notwithstanding race. You can see that in Spain, when many girls from Central America and Ecuador tend our elders and get along with them better than us. I have and Honduran girl for my parents that is a bliss, sweet, hardworking, before I had two from the south of Spain and they stole everything my father had.

Old 06-14-2017, 04:10 AM

37 posts, read 26,954 times
IF you want to know how spanish women are ,watch this MUJERES Y HOMBRES Y VICEVERSA | Emma García - TELECINCO.ES

Old 07-05-2017, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komodo666 View Post
Pidgeon

That's the stereotype created by French Romantics 150 years ago. Spanish women are rather cold, calculating and not hot tempered at all...except at Almodovar's films. By the way, Penelope Cruz only represents hairdressers that go to discos at Industrial Parks (Poligonera) near Madrid and pop pills as if they were jelly beans.

Franco's government changed women and men.

Gypsies are gypsies, and gypsies preserve habits and social moeurs long gone among the rest of the population.

Spanish women are boring and full of crap due to our past religious dictatorship (nationalcatolicism). French women are far hotter and more natural, more femenine. Spanish women threw their femeninity overboard because they thoght that for them it was better to imitate man.

No, Mediterranean looking women are not the majority and Spanish women are not similar to Greek or Southern Italian women.
Mediterranean looks are not the majority huh

"Dark British" lmao

Old 07-05-2017, 10:01 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,321,296 times
Most Spanish girls seem to have very light appearance unless they are from the Southeast. They take care of themselves but the accent throws me off. They don't seem particularly fiery as the stereotype suggests, they just seem like regular Western Europe girls

Old 07-05-2017, 10:11 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,321,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieOlSkool View Post
And yes, Spaniards did practically give lots of cultural input to Latin America.
Lots yes, but let's not forget that Latin America has had lots of influences from other places too. Chile has had many influences from Germany and the Basques. Argentina from the Germans and Italians. Peru and Bolivia have tons of indigenous influences and especially moreso in the past few decades where the indigenous people from the sierra and selva have been pouring into Lima and Arequipa for the higher wages. Peru in particular is a very distinct culture, nothing like it in the entire world. Colombia is a very mestizo culture and outside of Bogota has tons of indigenous influence, as with Ecuador and even Venezuela. Paraguay's main language is actually Guaraní, not Spanish. Each Latin American country is very distinctive, and if not for colonial powers there would be like a hundred countries in South America as opposed to a dozen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe