Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2015, 12:41 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,841,048 times

Advertisements

All over the place in my opinion. No one set personality type. Have met the fiery ones and docile ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2015, 01:10 PM

1,675 posts, read 2,840,285 times
Its funny how Colombian women attributes are given to Spanish women here "curvy, sensual, great dancer, well dressed, feminine"

I've been to spain and they look to me more like German women "the don't wear make up, look as manly as possible because you're a feminist and a modern woman of the 21st century kind of thing"

what some of you are describing here "passionate, feminine, lady like, well dressed" it's more Colombian or Venezuelan women.

Old 02-10-2015, 01:16 PM

1,675 posts, read 2,840,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post

Like I said before, a Latino should be careful with his criticisms to Spaniards because at a certain point he will be criticizing himself and his own Latino people.
I am Colombian and if you see me in Europe you wouldn't imagine I am not European because I look white "I have dark blonde hair, greenish eyes but a more curvy Colombian style of body" but I can guarantee you all of my ancestors are Colombians.

I can trace my grandparents to the towns where they came from in Antioquia central Colombia, I am what Colombians call a Paisa" and I have nothing of Spanish people in me.

So how do you explain that? not that I am bashing Spain people, but I don't know of anyone in my family who came from spain, but I also don't know indians or blacks in my family either. "goes to show you not everyone who looks white has foreign origins, all my origins are paisa-colombian and I look white"

Old 02-10-2015, 02:29 PM

10,098 posts, read 14,972,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene-cd View Post
I am Colombian and if you see me in Europe you wouldn't imagine I am not European because I look white "I have dark blonde hair, greenish eyes but a more curvy Colombian style of body" but I can guarantee you all of my ancestors are Colombians.

I can trace my grandparents to the towns where they came from in Antioquia central Colombia, I am what Colombians call a Paisa" and I have nothing of Spanish people in me.

So how do you explain that? not that I am bashing Spain people, but I don't know of anyone in my family who came from spain, but I also don't know indians or blacks in my family either. "goes to show you not everyone who looks white has foreign origins, all my origins are paisa-colombian and I look white"
Show me your DNA results.

If there is one thing DNA testing has shown is that what's written on paper doesn't always matches what its actually in the blood. Antioquian Colombians are actually the Colombians that show the greatest percentage of their DNA originating in the Iberian peninsula, which for most people means Spanish. Not only that, but in genome testing companies like 23andme they even show a large number of Spaniards as cousins of most Colombians.

Most Colombians do have traces of African ancestry too. In fact, most Latinos do. You should see how many Latinos from Argentina/Uruguay/Chile are complaining at 23andme forums because their DNA results shows small African and Amerindian genetic input. Its actually hilarious because most of them thought they didn't had African or Amerindian input because there is no mention of that in their paper trails and they look very white caucasian. I still can't get my head around people that get angry for what's in their DNA and then they go into denial mode, as if that's going to change anything. LOL

Like I said before, show me your DNA test results. If you haven't had your genome sequence, try here and in a couple of months give us an update on your results: https://www.23andme.com

I will repeat it one more time, Latinos should be careful with criticizing the Spaniards because you may be criticizing many of your own ancestors whose blood made it possible for you to be alive today and your cousins with whom you share origin lineages with.

Last edited by AntonioR; 02-10-2015 at 02:54 PM..

Old 02-10-2015, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferney View Post
Dude I spent time traveling thru South America and most care about Spain as much the average American cares about England.

I am realizing old European colonial powers care more about their old colonial posts in the new world than the other way around.

I spent four months total around South America and not a single person ever talked to me about Spain, or even cared about Spain culture or traditions. To them Spain was just another country out there in the world, sort of like Americans view the UK.
I know that, but it doesn't changes the heavy Spanish influences in Latin American cultures and in their blood. People's ignorance about reality doesn't makes what they think true. Look at the Colombian I just responded to. He swares that the blue eyes and blonde hair in his family isn't of European origin. Its the craziest thing I have read in a while.

For example, most Latinos don't know that the dulce de leche is of Spanish origin or that carnivals were introduced by the Spanish, yet in every single Latin American countriea they have dulce de leche as a sweet 'native' to their countries and they all celebrate carnivals. The fact that most people are ignorant about from whom they inherited those things doesn't mean that those things are not of Spanish origin. These are only a couple of examples.

Old 02-10-2015, 04:15 PM

2 posts, read 4,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man3000 View Post
hmmmm.... sorry but I read in a lot of replies here saying, women from Andalusia are different with the ones from the rest of the country.

Can you explain in what way? What makes them different?
Well?? No answer? Nobody knows?

Old 02-10-2015, 04:22 PM

1,470 posts, read 2,079,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene-cd View Post
Its funny how Colombian women attributes are given to Spanish women here "curvy, sensual, great dancer, well dressed, feminine"

I've been to spain and they look to me more like German women "the don't wear make up, look as manly as possible because you're a feminist and a modern woman of the 21st century kind of thing"

what some of you are describing here "passionate, feminine, lady like, well dressed" it's more Colombian or Venezuelan women.
It was the past here...maybe 75 year ago, before nacionalcatolicismo and religion....so..in fact, those women in America are more Spanish...since they are not traumatized.

Old 02-10-2015, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
I know that, but it doesn't changes the heavy Spanish influences in Latin American cultures and in their blood. People's ignorance about reality doesn't makes what they think true. Look at the Colombian I just responded to. He swares that the blue eyes and blonde hair in his family isn't of European origin. Its the craziest thing I have read in a while.

For example, most Latinos don't know that the dulce de leche is of Spanish origin or that carnivals were introduced by the Spanish, yet in every single Latin American countriea they have dulce de leche as a sweet 'native' to their countries and they all celebrate carnivals. The fact that most people are ignorant about from whom they inherited those things doesn't mean that those things are not of Spanish origin. These are only a couple of examples.
But who cares? The countries that received a large number of immigrants recently have a larhe amounts of pure europeans...venezuela..those that had not flef..cuba..the same..mexixo in the padt..and brazil and cono sur. Lors of europeans..many still alive..millions. Brazil has entire toewns..so had venezuela

Old 02-11-2015, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miserere View Post
But who cares?
People that don't care don't feel the need to respond.

Quote:
The countries that received a large number of immigrants recently have a larhe amounts of pure europeans...venezuela..those that had not flef..cuba..the same..mexixo in the padt..and brazil and cono sur. Lors of europeans..many still alive..millions. Brazil has entire toewns..so had venezuela
What does that has to do with anything discussed here?

Old 02-12-2015, 04:07 AM

Because Latin America or North America are not "unified conundrums" in which everybody belongs to the same ethnicity, as in Europe. There's no such thing as a Brazilian, Venezuelan, Mexican, etc. When you add the agreggates in your graphics, if you would the same in the US the result would be very similar since 30 to 40 percent of their population is not European.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe