Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 08:29 PM

826 posts, read 1,627,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Get ready to be attacked!! Uneducated RACIST!!!
I second that. Though you are voting for him for the right reasons you're a racist

/sarcasm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2008, 08:30 PM

1,648 posts, read 2,563,039 times
Hmmm, that's weird, someone reach a different conclusion than you today, Colin Powell will endorse Obama after much consideration.

I wonder whose endorsement is more credible?

Look like the little McBush-ites are using the "race card" card now.

Old 10-19-2008, 08:31 PM

11,579 posts, read 13,967,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Americanboy View Post
You were going to vote for McCain all along so you were not "undecided" like you say.

End of story.
Wow! Any chance you can share next weeks winning lottery numbers since you seem to know everything?

1,712 posts, read 4,235,657 times
I can understand your concerns about checks and balances, but I have to point out that this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by findingmesomeday View Post
But the biggie? As ambivalent as I am about the war in Iraq and as much as I wish we could just un-involve ourselves with little consequence--well I just don't think this can be done. And if Obama gets in office, decimates the military, eliminates the middle class and for all intents and purposes, changes the United States as we know it today from a formidable but benevelent country to one without power---well, it's going to unleash chaos in the world.
can very well happen under a McCain administration (if Congress goes along with him). If we continue the wars and bite off more than we can chew, we'll decimate the military. Plus, 4 more years of the same republican polices we saw in the last 8 years can also eliminate the middle class... the middle class is also getting squeezed and that portion of the American population is shrinking.

Either way, be sure to vote. Cheers.

1,229 posts, read 3,248,292 times
Vote away . . .

Old 10-19-2008, 08:33 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,876,852 times
Quote:
Wow, so you are a mind-reader in your day job?

I said I was leaning. I did not say I was voting. I was leaning towards refinacing my house too, until the bailout and the stock market went wiggy and then I decided not to do so. Are you going to say I was lying because I was planning to refinance all along?
Well let's be honest. You already voted Republican in the primaries:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/5635672-post20.html

I'm happy for you that you're now firmly behind the new Republican candidate, but please don't try to have us believe you were actually thinking of voting for Obama.

Old 10-19-2008, 08:35 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,557,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Americanboy View Post
You were not undecided; you were for McCain all along.

How can you have been undecided but now you are suddenly scared Obama will win the election?

Makes no sense.
Bingo. Good eye.

Old 10-19-2008, 09:10 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,070,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
Well let's be honest. You already voted Republican in the primaries:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/5635672-post20.html

I'm happy for you that you're now firmly behind the new Republican candidate, but please don't try to have us believe you were actually thinking of voting for Obama.
So, because someone voted for X in the primaries automatically ensures that they will not vote for Y in the election? You have definitive proof of this? You know this, for each and every voter in the country?

Old 10-19-2008, 09:14 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,289,237 times
Quote:
....McCain.

Why? Quite a few reasons. I've thought about the people each man will call to serve in his administration. They are both surrounded by and have access to powerful and intelligent people. That might be a push.

I've thought about the balance of power; checks and balances as defined by our constitution. I don't like Nancy Pelosi and all she stands for and I don't want Congress to have a rubber-stamp relationship with a POTUS--and I think this will happen with Obama. So score one for McCain there.

But the biggie? As ambivalent as I am about the war in Iraq and as much as I wish we could just un-involve ourselves with little consequence--well I just don't think this can be done. And if Obama gets in office, decimates the military, eliminates the middle class and for all intents and purposes, changes the United States as we know it today from a formidable but benevelent country to one without power---well, it's going to unleash chaos in the world.

Right now, we may not be winning any popularity contests but I firmly believe a LOT of individual nutcases, organized terrorist cells, corrupt and power hungry countries, etc., are held in check by the "big bully across the pond". What would happen if they no longer feared the military power of the United States? I don't want to think about that.

So even though I fear that Obama will win this election and change the world as we know it today, I will be voting for McCain on November 4.
I concur with your "biggie". Homeland security is my biggest concern.

Old 10-19-2008, 09:31 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,259,164 times
whats there to be undecided about?

tuna fish sandwich from the Vendor Machine or sushi at the premier Japanese restaurant

Suzuki Hatchback or Aston Martin Vanquish

Panasonic Portable CD player or Microsoft Zune 120GB

warm tap water or Fiji Water

OR

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections