Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 07:39 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,595,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by findingmesomeday View Post
To be honest, that's what I think is going to happen if Obama gets elected. Not that I'm a fortune teller, but I think that Obama is going to win. I think there's going to be a general feeling of digust and betrayal from the general population once he gets in office and either can't, or won't follow through on many of his campaign promises. The economy will continue to suck (not his fault but as POTUS, he'll have some of that sh*t raining down on him) and our standing among foreign nations will continue to erode.

I predict he'll be a one-term President and that in 2012, a 3rd party will emerge and be a force equal to (or greater? One can always hope) to the existing sad-but-sorry two parties we now have.
Its going to take at least two presidential terms before things start looking really rosey again. People dont realized how bad Bush has driven this country down the tubes. If Obama can begin to reverse the downward trend after he is elected, Which I believe he will, Obama will be re-elected a second term. After that I predict Hillary will win the nomination for the democratic party in 2016.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 01:30 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,081,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
Its going to take at least two presidential terms before things start looking really rosey again. People dont realized how bad Bush has driven this country down the tubes. If Obama can begin to reverse the downward trend after he is elected, Which I believe he will, Obama will be re-elected a second term. After that I predict Hillary will win the nomination for the democratic party in 2016.
Yes, Bush is that powerful... all by himself, the country has gone down the tubes, just and only because of him and his administration. Ignore what happened in the mid-late '90's [Exhibit A: ]Fannie Mae Eases Credit To Aid Mortgage Lending - New York Times. Ignore all the other items that Congress does and doesn't do [oh, do you remember them? Yea, the guys and gals that write the laws/regs that have quite a bit of impact on our country? ]

Old 10-22-2008, 03:55 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,384,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Americanboy View Post
You were not undecided; you were for McCain all along.

How can you have been undecided but now you are suddenly scared Obama will win the election?

Makes no sense.
Maybe you don't know how are goverment is set up. It makes a lot of sense. It is better to have a President that has a minority of his party in the house. This way not every bill is passed right through. With a Democratic President and a democratic Congress , there is just no oposition. This is not good for the US govt.

Diane G

Old 10-22-2008, 04:09 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,691,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Americanboy View Post
You were going to vote for McCain all along so you were not "undecided" like you say.

End of story.
There is another thread exactly like this one only the OP said she will be voting for Obama.

She got the same exact reation that you are giving.

You really need to get out more.

Is it that important to you?

Old 10-22-2008, 04:24 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,300,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
At 69 years old? Will the dems have a fit about that since that's almost the age John McCain is now and they relentlessly complain about it?

Old 10-22-2008, 06:26 PM

5,068 posts, read 10,152,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
Yes, Bush is that powerful... all by himself, the country has gone down the tubes, just and only because of him and his administration. Ignore what happened in the mid-late '90's [Exhibit A: ]Fannie Mae Eases Credit To Aid Mortgage Lending - New York Times. Ignore all the other items that Congress does and doesn't do [oh, do you remember them? Yea, the guys and gals that write the laws/regs that have quite a bit of impact on our country? ]
Yeah and how about those democrats who refused to admit there was a problem with Fannie and Freddie when Republicans were pushing for reform? I knew that was what you were alluding too, ShadowCaver, I just felt I needed to spell it out for some.

Old 10-22-2008, 06:44 PM

1,304 posts, read 3,347,994 times
Obama Only has one thing going for him... being a sweet talker with a big mouth.
says only what you want to hear.

He will open his arms WIDE to those who have no right to be here..
You think we are infested with illegals now.. wait until he gets into office.

Can you say AMNESTY... can you say bienvenido.
He will spend your hard earned tax dollars on every social program only
to benefit those from SOB.

Runs tv/radio ads in spanish,,20 years ago they would have run him out town.

He's got the gift of gab... runs a law office that supports numerous hispanic
groups. Most people really only know of him by recent tv broadcasts... you
should research his work in Illinois before you vote just on his good nature &
lies...

I really do not care for either one of them... but I looked at the whole picture and
seen which one will do the most harm to middle America, and that would be without
a doubt "Barack Hussein Obama II".

Old 10-23-2008, 07:27 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,278,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Sucking up would be to get something you want. Why would someone suck up to 5% of the population.....are you reading what you are writing?
Glad to see you aren't arguing with him being angry and hostile. And you have no problem with him being clueless about any one who IS NOT rich.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections