Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2008, 10:41 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,416,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Thomas Joseph, the business manager of Local 50 of the United Association of Plumbers, Steamfitters and Service Mechanics, based in Toledo, said Thursday that Mr. Wurzelbacher had never held a plumber’s license, which is required in Toledo and several surrounding municipalities.
If the owner of the company has a license, that's usually all that's required.

Quote:
He also never completed an apprenticeship
Actually, if he's working under a licensed plumber, he's in his apprenticeship. When you go down to test for your license, you have all the stuff filled out by the plumber you've been working under. Basically, saying he hasn't completed his apprenticeship is a technical observation: If you haven't received your license, then you haven't completed your apprenticeship.

Quote:
and does not belong to the plumber’s union,
Which typically means he doesn't do state or federal work because thats' the only plumbing job you can get, typically, as a union plumber. You really close a lot of doors being a union tradesman just to be able to do government work. (The benefit is that government work pays wonderfully.)

Quote:
The premise of his complaint to Mr. Obama about taxes may also be flawed, according to tax analysts. Contrary to what Mr. Wurzelbacher asserted and Mr. McCain echoed, neither his personal taxes nor those of the business where he works are likely to rise if Mr. Obama’s tax plan were to go into effect, they said.
If you believe the Obama isn't going back on his word as Clinton and H.W. did, then he's probably right. Two guys making $250K is pretty optimistic, but not impossible. If he specialized in retail sales of equipment he's installing, he could do it.

I think the attempt to smear this guy is a demonstration of how disgusting the left is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2008, 10:43 PM

260 posts, read 573,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakenStirred View Post
You do know you sound very jealous, don't you?
Of what? a POS.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:45 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,497,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
No ****!
Ayers,

Obamas church that put the Hamas (terrorists) manifesto in the church bulletin of Wrights church,
http://www.bizzyblog.com/wp-images/T...lumn072207.jpg

other Terrorist connections,.
Obama not having to produce a birth certificate. Oh and so many more......

http://f303.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=1%5f33905%5fAENFv9EAARhnSPfc4QWRTD2OO LY&pid=3.2&fid=Inbox&inline=1 (broken link)

And people are worried about "Joe" American dreamer....

Old 10-16-2008, 10:46 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,923,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
OK, so you and I differ in our opinions regarding homosexuality. Fair enough. I won't try to pretend that I know more about it then you do. When it comes to that subject you are the man. So is the guy behind you.
yeah.. and don't mingle too much with us.. cuz homosexuality rubs off and we recruit....

Old 10-16-2008, 10:47 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,192,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
It doesnt matter what joe is

He baited obama into saying the words that are death to any liberal campaign

"we want to spread the wealth"
Well, Obama chose his own words, and they are indeed why the video was picked up, but the fact remains that the real Joe will receive a tax cut, making it that much easier to work toward buying his own business.

It's just ironic, that's all.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:48 PM

789 posts, read 1,335,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
yeah.. and don't mingle too much with us.. cuz homosexuality rubs off and we recruit....
We bite too.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:50 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,675,786 times
Has the Obama campaign sent out a mob of investigators to Ohio to check out "Joe the plumber"?

4,426 posts, read 5,923,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fancofu View Post
We bite too.
stop it.. you're getting me sexcited....

12,669 posts, read 20,463,383 times
You do realize that the keating 5 were all democrats except for McCain.
McCain was cleared of any wrong doing.
But not the Democrats...........

so you are slamming your own corrupt party...........

355 posts, read 555,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1878 View Post
oh... so sad....

This thread stinks of desperation.....

Poor thing

A tax increase from 36% to 39% on 250,000 is $1500.00. Are you kidding me people are upset over 1500.00? If I made 250,000 a year I wouldn't miss 1500.00. It would be nice if my 1500 could contribute toward a raise for a firefighter or a piece of safety equipment instead of a war. Alas... I would just once like to see people do the math before they jump on the anti tax band wagon.

My tax dollars pay the first responders in my area. No I am not going to break out the different taxes. The roads I drive to work on are paid for with my tax dollars. The bridges I drive over are repaired (or not) with my tax dollars. Some of my tax dollars are wasted. Anti tax politicians count on the fact that we don't pay attention to how our tax dollars are spent, so they talk about taxes as if our government runs on air. We should all be putting pressure on politicians to be responsible stewards of our money. If we educate ourselves about what is necessary and why, we would have a better understanding of government spending. We could then have a discussion about raising taxes or not based on facts not emotion.

Having said that.

This whole discussion is a moot point, because unless you have a solution there is no way to get out of this budget deficit without raising taxes.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections