Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2008, 09:19 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,916,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Wold View Post

Wake up America...Why in God's green earth go for the "OBAMA" lies etc.
He has never produced a birth certificate, He lies about his past,
his small record of votes shows he wants to raise taxes from those that have and give to the have notes...

Listen to Patriot radio on 144 Sirius radio...that support what they saw with FACTS...

Go out and tell folks that the big "O" is not the way to "GO".

Please do your research...it is vital to the "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA".
AND WHAT WE STAND FOR.

Check you coins lately...soon no more "In God We Trust" on them.

Oh, and IF IF IF THE big "O" did get elected would he swear in on the Koran??

God help us...

HW "Live free or Die"..."Live Free or Die" is the official motto of the U.S. state of New Hampshire, adopted by the state in 1945. It is possibly the best-known of all state mottos, partly because it speaks to an aggressive independence inherent in American political philosophy and partly because of its contrast to the milder sentiments usually found in such mottos.

The phrase comes from a toast written by General John Stark on July 31, 1809. Poor health forced Stark, New Hampshire's most famous soldier of the American Revolutionary War, to decline an invitation to an anniversary reunion of the Battle of Bennington and to send his toast by letter:

jesus christ.....

You're a mess....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2008, 09:21 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
He asked a question so that means he wanted to be in the spotlight?

He makes $40k/year so he is not worthy of the American dream?

He opposes lord Obama and that means destroy....

Gotch.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:22 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,845,845 times
Quote:

his small record of votes shows he wants to raise taxes from those that have and give to the have notes...

Listen to Patriot radio on 144 Sirius radio...that support what they saw with FACTS...
Patriot Radio? Eesh, I was smarter the moment before I knew there was such a thing.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:24 PM

207 posts, read 704,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
No, I don't think that's the case. Maybe it's because he lied?

I just heard on 2 TV channels that Joe made $40K last year and his company, Newell Plumbing & Heating, said the business is not for sale. Joe is also not a plumber. He also has a lien for non payment of taxes.

Obama is not the type of person who would attack the average wage earner, but McCain proves how out of touch he is to believe an employee working for a plumbing company makes over $250,000. I never called Joe a racist, but he did pick Sammy Davis Jr when talking about Obama's tax plans. I can think of a lot of other famous dancers, but let's give him the benefit of the doubt. It's not always about race. Still, talking about how a tax plan will hurt him because he plans to buy the plumbing company he works for when he can't possibly afford it, or has even made an offer is a fantasy, especially when he can't even pay his taxes. What if I asked went on TV and said I was raped by my uncle and won't be able to get an abortion if Roe v Wade is overturned? It would be a lie, but maybe it could be true for someone, right? Actually, the difference is that many women are raped and incest is a reality but over 95% of small business owners make less than $250,000 a year.

I was also wondering "wow" a plumber is making $250k. I am in the wrong business. However, when I saw him on tv he did come off as a person who made me want to ponder his concerns. I am still pondering his concerns, but I think that I would be willing to pay extra if I could make $250k.

As I was pondering this I then looked at the news and found out that "Joe, The Plumber"
-is not a licensed plumber
-makes no where near $250k a year
-owes back taxes
and is actually named Sam. However, his middle name is Joe. But from what I can see that is about all that is true about what we had previously heard.

I just wonder why we would he make such a big deal about something that is not even applicable to him? Furthermore, it is my understanding that under Obama's plan, Joe...I mean Sam...I mean Mr. Samuel Joe would get a bigger tax deduction.

Ok, all jokes aside, what I find disturbing about this whole situation is that even though Joe will benefit from Obama's plan, he is making a point to confront Obama on issues not even applicable to him. It's like he is grasping for any reason to not like Obama. Of course, that is his right. However, it's just sad that there are still so many people out there that will benefit from Obama's plan but they just can't bring themselves to vote for a black man. Yes, I said it! It's the big elephant in the room for a percentage of people out there and it's just sad. Luckily, for America that percentage is not a majority. However, it is still interesting that a person would basically distort himself, the facts and the scenerio to prove a point.....

Old 10-16-2008, 09:25 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,246,109 times
Yes vote for Joe the Plumber. He doesnt even have a plumber license. LOL!

Old 10-16-2008, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennylove76 View Post
I was also wondering "wow" a plumber is making $250k. I am in the wrong business. However, when I saw him on tv he did come off as a person who made me want to ponder his concerns. I am still pondering his concerns, but I think that I would be willing to pay extra if I could make $250k.

As I was pondering this I then looked at the news and found out that "Joe, The Plumber"
-is not a licensed plumber
-makes no where near $250k a year
-owes back taxes
and is actually named Sam. However, his middle name is Joe. But from what I can see that is about all that is true about what we had previously heard.

I just wonder why we would he make such a big deal about something that is not even applicable to him? Furthermore, it is my understanding that under Obama's plan, Joe...I mean Sam...I mean Mr. Samuel Joe would get a bigger tax deduction.

Ok, all jokes aside, what I find disturbing about this whole situation is that even though Joe will benefit from Obama's plan, he is making a point to confront Obama on issues not even applicable to him. It's like he is grasping for any reason to not like Obama. Of course, that is his right. However, it's just sad that there are still so many people out there that will benefit from Obama's plan but they just can't bring themselves to vote for a black man. Yes, I said it! It's the big elephant in the room for a percentage of people out there and it's just sad. Luckily, for America that percentage is not a majority. However, it is still interesting that a person would basically distort himself, the facts and the scenerio to prove a point.....
It's the whole "what if I better myself" question. The audacity of wanting to better ones self...

Why is it so hard to understand this guy represents the average Joe who really cares about his personal life struggles.The only people that attack those are people with an agenda.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:29 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,869,458 times
Didn’t I just hear that Joe wants to buy his bosses business that isn’t worth $200,000 and only earns $100K per year, and Joe himself only makes $40K per year? Well then under Obama’s plan Joe will not have a tax increase until he earns $250,000 ~ seems he is a long way from that figure. Obama wants to support small owners like Joe who are under the $250K and help them. McSame wants to help the larger corporations and Joe just isn’t there yet.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:30 PM

*shakes head*

We deserve everything we are about to get as a nation.....

Let history tell everyone that poor education and history lessons have taught us to repeat the past.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:35 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
It's the whole "what if I better myself" question. The audacity of wanting to better ones self...

Why is it so hard to understand this guy represents the average Joe who really cares about his personal life struggles.The only people that attack those are people with an agenda.

No, there is a HUGE difference between "what if I better myself" and lying about trying to buy the company at which you work. John McCain kept saying Joe worked day and night for years to finally have the American Dream and own his own company, but Obama's tax plan would hurt him. Turns out that he would get a 50% tax credit even if he did make $250,000, but that's not the point. As I already wrote, the owner of the company Joe works for doesn't even make $250,000 a year.

Also, I want to better myself too. We all do (I think) but I don't go around talking about "what if" I make more than 6 times my income and pretend it's a real problem I'm facing. He obviously dislikes Obama for other reasons which, has others have written, is his right as an American. However, his questions were not asked in that fashion.

First, don't you think in order to better yourself (your words) one needs to get the proper training and licensing? We can all dream of winning the lottery too, but you can't win if you don't buy a ticket, can you?

To save you the trouble of going back to my previous post, this is a quote from the United Association of Plumbers.

When the president of the Plumbing, Heating, Cooling Contractors National Association in Washington issued a press release applauding Joe the Plumber for helping small business owners play a role in the debate on the nation's economic future, the business manager of the Toledo local of the United Association of Plumbers, Steamfitters & Service Mechanics issued a statement complaining Joe the Plumber hadn't even undergone apprenticeship training. "When you have guys going out there with no training whatsoever, it's a little disreputable to start with," union boss Tom Joseph told the Toledo Blade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
He makes $40k/year so he is not worthy of the American dream?

He opposes lord Obama and that means destroy....

Gotch.
No, not a "gotcha" at all. He is a fraud. Even the plumber's union criticized him, so why is this a Left vs Right issue? It isn't. Truth is what we should all be seeking.

Last edited by justNancy; 10-16-2008 at 09:45 PM.. Reason: trying to fix quote!

Old 10-16-2008, 09:36 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,869,458 times
Quote:

Go out and tell folks that the big "O" is not the way to "GO".

Please do your research...it is vital to the "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA".
AND WHAT WE STAND FOR.

Check you coins lately...soon no more "In God We Trust" on them.

Oh, and IF IF IF THE big "O" did get elected would he swear in on the Koran??

God help us...

HW "Live free or Die"..."Live Free or Die" is the official motto of the U.S. state of New Hampshire, adopted by the state in 1945. It is possibly the best-known of all state mottos, partly because it speaks to an aggressive independence inherent in American political philosophy and partly because of its contrast to the milder sentiments usually found in such mottos.

The phrase comes from a toast written by General John Stark on July 31, 1809. Poor health forced Stark, New Hampshire's most famous soldier of the American Revolutionary War, to decline an invitation to an anniversary reunion of the Battle of Bennington and to send his toast by letter:

Can someone tighten this loose screw? I think they “googled” once to often.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections