Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 11:44 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,482,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I have noticed Obama's aphasia. I have not noticed it from McCain. You are reaching.
Well I've noticed McCain's aphasia and so have many of my friends and co-workers. Something is definitely wrong with this man. I don't know if it's age or what, but he's too old to be running for President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2008, 11:44 AM

645 posts, read 910,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Who are you? When did we have another discussion.....I usually try to avoid the gossip post....
https://www.city-data.com/forum/great...ml#post5241394

Old 09-25-2008, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyinhouston View Post
Well I've noticed McCain's aphasia and so have many of my friends and co-workers. Something is definitely wrong with this man. I don't know if it's age or what, but he's too old to be running for President.
He is running a non-stop schedule. Even someone in their 50s is bound to be fatigued and tired, it just isn't healthy for a man in his 70s, even if they are in good health, which we don't know if he is because
HE WON'T RELEASE HIS HEALTH RECORDS TO US!!! Does that send up a red flag only to me?

Old 09-25-2008, 11:47 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,507,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie1964 View Post

Notice I said usually stayed away from gossip....we are all weak some times

Old 09-25-2008, 11:54 AM

835 posts, read 1,323,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
When did I say it was not? However, like I've posted out on at least a couple of other threads: Is this so critical that McCain cannot take 4 to 5 hours out of a Friday and get his ass to MS to do the debate?
Have you been paying attention to the other threads? NEITHER McCain or Obama play a critical role in the Senate on this.
And if it really that critical for him, then why did he lie about not being able to go on Letterman (basically, or at worst, mislead Letterman) and why did he not got back to DC until this AM?
He was called in the morning and asked to show leadership as there is not a single Republican that supports the bill as it was last night at 10pm. The White House has been flooded with calls agianst this bill...he was called to show leadership and make a bi-partisan effort as that is what he has done for 26 years in DC.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:54 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,203,424 times
Quote:
He is running a non-stop schedule. Even someone in their 50s is bound to be fatigued and tired, it just isn't healthy for a man in his 70s, even if they are in good health, which we don't know if he is because
HE WON'T RELEASE HIS HEALTH RECORDS TO US!!! Does that send up a red flag only to me?
Relax. President Lipstick is perfectly capable of managing the fate of the planet.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Um.... did you read the link? JW is saying the same thing you're saying, and what Paulson says in your quote.

It was a nonpartisan, across-the-aisle post.

My mistake I thought you were being sarcastic...my apologies!

Old 09-25-2008, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artifice View Post
He was called in the morning and asked to show leadership as there is not a single Republican that supports the bill as it was last night at 10pm. The White House has been flooded with calls agianst this bill...he was called to show leadership and make a bi-partisan effort as that is what he has done for 26 years in DC.
Don't you want a President that is capable of MULTI-TASKING?

Old 09-25-2008, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Don't you want a President that is capable of MULTI-TASKING?
Not if by multi-tasking you mean debate...A senator is to do the work of the people first and foremost. The debate can happen after the deal is closed as there is a freeze on lending...should this continue into next week the stock market will indeed spiral down...payroll will not be made...checks can't be cashed. My Roth IRA has lost 20% this quarter alone the kids college funds are down 15% it will only get worse the longer this goes on. A deal will be made by Monday morning (most likely sooner) I want McCain in DC to lead the effort and work with dems across the aisle to seal the deal as he has for 26 years. Even Clinton has nothing but praise for McCain's choice to postpone the debates if need be for this crisis. Why are you so obsessed with waiting 4 extra days to debate when we have the largest crisis since 1930. Do you want to hide your money in your mattress or keep $12,000 in hundred dollar bills folded up and tucked into your bra...that is what my grandmother who went through the great-depression did. Birthday money was not fun to get from her...didn't want to think about where it had been.

Old 09-25-2008, 12:15 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,507,656 times
It doesn't fit their political agenda......then they would have to admit McCain's idea wasn't such a bad thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections