Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 11:16 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,515,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie1964 View Post
I read something totally different into the Clinton comment, and this is because I have been watching him on every show this past week. He has whole-heartedly endorsed Obama. Now he makes note that it is ODD BEHAVIOR for McCain to not want the debate.

Something is up with McCain, either he is critically ill, and possibly the brain processes have been damaged (possible for a man of 72, my father had his first stroke at 72) or he realizes that in the last week he has lost his temper one too many times and can't afford to do so when he is debating someone with a REAL handle on the issues. He is starting to feel intimidated.

Any supporting facts to help your gossip?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

835 posts, read 1,324,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
McCain's reasoning for very possibly not showing up doesn't pass the smell test to anyone who is not a Limbaugh like republican and even if McCain acted like he was not scared to debate Obama in the past, that's kind of irrelevant now.
I mean, that's like saying the Boxer A fought Boxer B 6 times in the past whatever, then all of the sudden Boxer A does not want to fight Boxer B for a 7th time due to a ingrown fingernail! Really, how is this any different?
That being said though, the Clintons are acting like Liberman when he first started to turn against his party 6 years ago.
When you can't cash a check or your company can't make payroll because all credit and lending is frozen right now let me know if this is still a ploy. There are no loans at all being given at this time....many companies use loans to make payroll as their contract terms are 30-45 days after an invoice is submitted....there are no loans and therefore will be no payroll for many if this is not addressed. This is info found in Kiplingers, Forbes, Schwab, Reuters...your house is worth nothing if no one can get a mortgage to buy it. Do you get it know? This is not about politics this is about a 1930's depression in 2008 if something is not done.

13,721 posts, read 19,303,736 times
Quote:
I read something totally different into the Clinton comment, and this is because I have been watching him on every show this past week. He has whole-heartedly endorsed Obama. Now he makes note that it is ODD BEHAVIOR for McCain to not want the debate.

Something is up with McCain, either he is critically ill, and possibly the brain processes have been damaged (possible for a man of 72, my father had his first stroke at 72) or he realizes that in the last week he has lost his temper one too many times and can't afford to do so when he is debating someone with a REAL handle on the issues. He is starting to feel intimidated.
He did NOT say it was odd behavior for McCain not to want to debate. You are trying to spin it or you didn't listen to what he actually said. He said he knew it wasn't about McCain not wanting to debate Obama, because he had asked him many times to do just that. And Clinton went on to say that he thought they SHOULD go to Washington and suspend their campaigns and take care of what needs to be taken care of.

And please, if anyone has a brain process going on, it's Obama. The man can't talk, can't remember what he was going to say, can't remember where he is. McCain, on the other hand, speaks quite eloquently.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:17 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,212,014 times
You all keep saying McCain used to be hot to "debate" Obama, once upon a time.

So what happened?

Old 09-25-2008, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliana_b View Post
It's just more evidence that Obama is separate from the establishment of Washington. Sometimes I don't think that people realize what it actually means that Obama defeated the Clinton machine. It's an amazing accomplishment. Clinton is still reeling from his wife's defeat and the fact that he is irrelevant in this race. He was a strong President who lead the country through an economic bliss; but, now, with the exception of humanitarian efforts, he is becoming less and less relevant.

That's a shame for the African American community.... He has done more than Obama could ever dream of to help them.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
You all keep saying McCain used to be hot to "debate" Obama, once upon a time.

So what happened?
Hello?

Worst financial crisis in decades.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:19 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,212,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artifice View Post
When you can't cash a check or your company can't make payroll because all credit and lending is frozen right now let me know if this is still a ploy. There are no loans at all being given at this time....many companies use loans to make payroll as their contract terms are 30-45 days after an invoice is submitted....there are no loans and therefore will be no payroll for many if this is not addressed. This is info found in Kiplingers, Forbes, Schwab, Reuters...your house is worth nothing if no one can get a mortgage to buy it. Do you get it know? This is not about politics this is about a 1930's depression in 2008 if something is not done.
This is really frightening - "Get ready for real tough times. They're coming. There is no credit available." Jack Welch says U.S. faces deep downturn | U.S. | Reuters

But McCain and the Republicans are MAKING it about politics - hence Paulson having to use time to ask Lindsey Graham to please ask McCain to please come down and see what he can [promise, bribe] accomplish with his rat buddies.

And as you know, even though he had to be invited, once he was McCain came rushing right down to do what he could to help. Oh, wait....

edit - your signature - message to corporate America, is it?

Old 09-25-2008, 11:20 AM

645 posts, read 911,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Any supporting facts to help your gossip?
Did you watch the 60 Minutes interview? In what I have seen of him in the last few weeks there has been a definite change, notice the aphasia?

Old 09-25-2008, 11:25 AM

I probably would have if I was a democrat and not unaffiliated.....

Instead I look for facts which on here is a rare occasion.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:27 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,303,736 times
Quote:
Did you watch the 60 Minutes interview? In what I have seen of him in the last few weeks there has been a definite change, notice the aphasia?
I have noticed Obama's aphasia. I have not noticed it from McCain. You are reaching.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections