Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 08:41 AM

1,577 posts, read 2,664,696 times

Advertisements

LOL so slick Willy has become a republican now? That is classic and I can't wait to see it bite Hillary on the butt if she tries to run in 2012. Do they actually think people will forget them throwing their party under the bus for their own personal gain?

ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2008, 08:44 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,346,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet52698 View Post
LOL so slick Willy has become a republican now? That is classic and I can't wait to see it bite Hillary on the butt if she tries to run in 2012. Do they actually think people will forget them throwing their party under the bus for their own personal gain?

ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He's been talking to George Sr. too much up there in Maine!

Old 09-25-2008, 08:51 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,048,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet52698 View Post

ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is exactly why Obama couldn't pick Hillary to be VP, Bill has always been a loose canon and you never know what is going to come out of his mouth. The only thing you can be sure of is that he will always look out for himself above all else.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:53 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,301,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightofcenter View Post
This is exactly why Obama couldn't pick Hillary to be VP, Bill has always been a loose canon and you never know what is going to come out of his mouth. The only thing you can be sure of is that he will always look out for himself above all else.
Sounds to me like Bill knows EXACTLY what is coming out of his mouth. He is choosing his words very carefully to show that he's "officially" supporting the Democratic nominee but he REALLY thinks McCain should win.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:00 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,299,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
I told you people here more then a month ago that Clinton believe McCain is the man for the job.

Clinton is McCains October surprise.

Clinton does not think Obama can to the job. And believe me he has been there, he knows what it takes.

So Clinton is reminding loons that McCain has ask him 10 time and chicken **** Obama has refused them ALL. Uhmmmmm wonder why?

WHAT IS OBAMA SCARED OF?
His turncoating has nothing to do with who he thinks can do the job. He wants Obama to lose so his wife can get in in 2012 and so he can be the "first dude" in charge.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:05 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,011,457 times
Quote:
Sounds to me like Bill knows EXACTLY what is coming out of his mouth. He is choosing his words very carefully to show that he's "officially" supporting the Democratic nominee but he REALLY thinks McCain should win.
Exactly.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:08 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,301,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
His turncoating has nothing to do with who he thinks can do the job. He wants Obama to lose so his wife can get in in 2012 and so he can be the "first dude" in charge.
So now you can read minds? Maybe he just knows McCain is better suited to be president than Obama. Just like a lot of us think.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:08 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,048,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
He really thinks Hillary should have won - so he could be back in the WH frolicking with the interns.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:12 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,126,127 times
You guys are missing a key point here. Obama supporters are screaming about how McCain is "afraid" of Obama and thus doesn't want to debate him. Now, you have a beloved Democrat come out and say that this is hogwash and that McCain is sincere in his intentions while also mentioning that it was McCain who wanted MORE debates.

At the very least, Clinton's views should shut up these idiots who actually think McCain is afraid of Obama.

BTW, McCain doesn't want to cancel the debates, but only delay them for a time. The debates are going to happen.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:15 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,513,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2flyy View Post
I don't like Bill Clinton saying that because it is misleading to imply that McCain wants to debate Obama. McCain would much rather not!

What McCain had been asking were town-hall meetings, where McCain is more comfortable....
And personally I feel McCain has always been bluffing on that townhall stuff, he knew Obama would feel its a waste of time (which it is since so many debates are already scheduled) and would reject it. Thus claiming Obama doesn't want to debate him. Sound familiar?

Hilary Clinton used the same move in the primaries....

YouTube - Barack Obama TOWN HALL MEETING in Fairless Hills, PA-Part 7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGO7FVtk8wQ
Obama campaign to host town hall meeting | Charlottesville Daily Progress
Barack Obama and Joe Biden: The Change We Need |

Obama rejects McCain's proposal on "town hall" meetings_English_Xinhua

You sure about that? Obama has been giving town hall meeting after town hall meeting.....the only ones he won't do are ones where his opponent is present.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections