Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2008, 09:40 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,235,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
Your mama was...

It's sad people as foolish as you have the right to vote....
I feel the same about most of those that voted for OBAMA...

And I'll take anything you have to say but leave my parents out of this little kid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2008, 09:40 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,973,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet52698 View Post
Me, me, me. The human race would have died out long ago had that way of thinking been the majority one.
Sorry for looking out for myself. I was out of work for two years (not consecutively) when the whole internet bubble burst, and it took damn hard work to get out of that hole. Excuse me for wanting to get back on my own feet instead of being busy worring about people who bought houses they couldnt afford.

Old 08-28-2008, 09:42 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,235,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Myths?

Hmm...raise capital gains taxes, that impacts me because I use dividend paying stocks to enhance my savings plan.

I also am saving like heck and sacraficing to be able to afford a house one day...but oh wait, lets bail out the banks, and find a way to make it easy for these idiots who bought houses they couldnt afford.

Im nowhere near rich, but I bust my ass doing the right things and all I see are people who act stupid get rewarded for their failure.
They didn't really listen to what he was saying, to busy wiping the tears from their eyes.

Old 08-28-2008, 09:43 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,674,536 times
Quote:
Myths?

Hmm...raise capital gains taxes, that impacts me because I use dividend paying stocks to enhance my savings plan.

I also am saving like heck and sacraficing to be able to afford a house one day...but oh wait, lets bail out the banks, and find a way to make it easy for these idiots who bought houses they couldnt afford.

Im nowhere near rich, but I bust my ass doing the right things and all I see are people who act stupid get rewarded for their failure.
The people losing their houses are the dumbasses who took loans they couldn't afford in the first place. And now Barry wants to give them a shout out and come running with even more money than W, while folks like me patiently save so as to be responsible. A pox on both their houses and the slavish sycophants lapping up their pandering.

Old 08-28-2008, 09:49 PM

1,162 posts, read 2,107,196 times
Let's not forget that it was Chuckie Schummer who was strong arming the banks in the last few years so they would give all those loans home away...It wasn't Bush

Old 08-28-2008, 09:52 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,588,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb4browns View Post
My favorite part was when he bashed McCain for being in Washington for 26 years when his running mate has been there for 30.
Biden being the mentor he never knew he needed to babysit.

Last edited by WingsOfGold; 08-28-2008 at 10:05 PM..

Old 08-28-2008, 09:53 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,948,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
I feel the same about most of those that voted for OBAMA...

And I'll take anything you have to say but leave my parents out of this little kid.
Oh please - your foolish enough to compare Obama to Hilter...give me a small break.

As awful as your current President is....

Obama is not about hate and murder and the like... that is more indicative of W and I wouldn't be stupid enough to compare even those 2.

Old 08-28-2008, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Sorry for looking out for myself. I was out of work for two years (not consecutively) when the whole internet bubble burst, and it took damn hard work to get out of that hole. Excuse me for wanting to get back on my own feet instead of being busy worring about people who bought houses they couldnt afford.

Hmm...did you collect unemployment during that time?

Old 08-28-2008, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb4browns View Post
The people losing their houses are the dumbasses who took loans they couldn't afford in the first place. And now Barry wants to give them a shout out and come running with even more money than W, while folks like me patiently save so as to be responsible. A pox on both their houses and the slavish sycophants lapping up their pandering.
Oh, but the S-bag predatory mortgage companies, we should bail THEM out. That's logical

Old 08-28-2008, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcjap View Post
Let's not forget that it was Chuckie Schummer who was strong arming the banks in the last few years so they would give all those loans home away...It wasn't Bush
Bush was busy creating a $457 deficit.

Too bad tax and spend liberal Bill Clinton left him that nice big surpluss he had to rid himeslf (and us, and our children, and our children's children, and our children's children's children ... of)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections