Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 09:26 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,674,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
That was a great moment wasn't it? 26 years of ineffective leadership and poor decision making.
Whoops! There goes your equilibrium
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2008, 09:27 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,752,268 times
Barak Obama delivered an amazing speech.

I truly feel blessed to be alive right now and to be a witness to his run for presidency and his excellent speech tonight.

This night will go down in the history books as a very positive event....mark my words!

26,212 posts, read 19,513,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
dont speak for me, I dont feel "united" under a guy who wants to diminish the hard work I do for myself by saving and working hard and just hand it over to "those who cant afford their credit card bills" to quote him today.

Why must you cling to these myths?

No one is "taking" anything from you. If you are uber wealthy you have been getting big breaks from the government while the other 90% is told to starve, so if you are in the 10%, I have no sympathy for you, if you are in the 90%, get a clue.

2,404 posts, read 6,577,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amcjap View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Food for thought about Obama and his promised changes from a different perspective.

From Richmond Times-Dispatch, Monday, July 7, 2008 ~

Dear Editor, Times-Dispatch:

'Each year I get to celebrate Independence Day twice. On June 30 I celebrate my
independence day, and on July 4 I celebrate America's. This year is special,
because it marks the 40Th anniversary of my independence.

'On June 30, 1968, I escaped Communist Cuba , and a few months later, I was in
the United States to stay. That I happened to arrive in Richmond on Thanksgiving
Day is just part of the story, but I digress.

'I've thought a lot about the anniversary this year. The election-year rhetoric has
made me think a lot about Cuba and what transpired there. In the late 1950s, most
Cubans thought Cuba needed a change, and they were right. So when a young
leader came along, every Cuban was at least receptive.

'When the young leader spoke eloquently and passionately and denounced the
old system, the press fell in love with him. They never questioned who his friends
were or what he really believed in. When he said he would help the farmers and
the poor and bring free medical care and education to all, everyone
followed. When he said he would bring justice and equality to all, everyone said,
'Praise the Lord.' And when the young leader said, 'I will be for change and I'll
bring you change,' everyone yelled, 'Viva Fidel!'

'But nobody asked about the change, so by the time the executioner's guns went
silent, the people's guns had been taken away. By the time everyone was equal,
they were equally poor, hungry, and oppressed. By the time everyone received
their free education, it was worth nothing. By the time the press noticed, it was
too late, because they were now working for him. By the time the change was
finally implemented, Cuba had been knocked down a couple of notches to Third-
World status. By the time the change was over, more than a million people had
taken to boats, rafts, and inner tubes. You can call those who made it ashore
anywhere else in the world the most fortunate Cubans. And now I'm back to the
beginning of my story.

'Luckily, we would never fall in America for a young leader who promised change
without asking, what change? How will you carry it out? What will it cost America
?

'Would we?'

Manuel Alvarez, Jr.
There is a differance " This is the United States of America" and some of us will never allow our guns to be taken away without the biggest fight any nation has yet seen .

Old 08-28-2008, 09:28 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,944,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moughie View Post
Barak Obama delivered an amazing speech.

I truly feel blessed to be alive right now and to be a witness to his run for presidency and his excellent speech tonight.

This night will go down in the history books as a very positive event....mark my words!
But did you cry?

12,642 posts, read 15,595,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
dont speak for me, I dont feel "united" under a guy who wants to diminish the hard work I do for myself by saving and working hard and just hand it over to "those who cant afford their credit card bills" to quote him today.
Your hard work is diminished by the incredible debt we owe to other nations. How's it feel owing the Government the equivalent of a car, in 8 years time under the current Administration?

1,162 posts, read 2,107,294 times
t206 I totally agree...

Old 08-28-2008, 09:29 PM

5,335 posts, read 4,424,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
But Juan Williams, Nina Easton and Fred Barnes are bashing it. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
They'd bash Jesus if he came back and said he was a Democrat. David Gergen called the speech a "masterpiece"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
They're just acting like a buncha jealous children because this wondeful speech in a full stadium in front of 80,000+ supporters came from the "other side" while McCain's haing trouble filling up a 10,000 seat theater in Dayton, despite free ticket give-aways and busing people in from out of state.

All that and they now realize Obama's gonna kick McCain's patootie in November. They're scared as hell.

Nina Easton and Juan Williams are pretty hard core democrats. They, amoung many others, appear on FOX representing the democrat POV.

8,652 posts, read 17,236,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
dumb arse....MCCAIN will be 4 more years of AMERICAN JOBS LEAVING THE US IN DROVES... there will be no $ to take out of your check! :-p

Heres why your jobs went overseas.

Clinton signs China trade bill

October 10, 2000
Web posted at: 6:28 p.m. EDT (2228 GMT)

By Matt Smith/CNN

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Clinton closed years of political and economic debate Tuesday, and sealed a major achievement of his administration by signing a bill extending permanent, normal trade status to China.

http://archives.cnn.com/2000/ALLPOLI.../clinton.pntr/

8,396 posts, read 9,440,479 times
Thumbs up Obama acceptance speech in Denver inspires millions

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Truly, a uniter, not a divider, an inspiration to all who heard him speak.

A rising tide lifts all boats,that is the greatness of this man.

That is a greatness that moves people from within, something Republicans could never, ever, understand, as it is bred of hope.

Obama/Biden in '08

That was an outstanding speech and an inspiring appearance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections